hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zouma

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

Zouma

What's the latest with the wee man?

Fit enough for pre-season?

Either way looking forward to seeing him back strutting his stuff in gods country.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've not actually heard how he's getting on but we definitely need the wee man back. I don't think it was a coincidence that our form went out the window when he was injured, magic wee player!

Anyone go along to watch them train that can shed any light on whether he's around?

seen him at arthur seat last night when i was doing my pre season with coldstream ! was kicking a ball about with his laddie and missus ! :)

I would get shot of him asap.

He's not giving us the return we're looking for!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You joking?!

I think the wee man is the bees knees - i think he is the only player currently at Hibs with a creative spark (maybe Spoony but you dont see it whens he playng RB).

Yep, hes had a torrid time with injuries but hes a player id much rather have for 1/2 a season than not at all.

Brilliant to watch. Skillfull. Technically very good (could challange Riordan on the free kick taking). And unlike Benji, great attitude. Best player for us last season until he got injured.

And like the earlier poster mentioned - i dont think it was a coincidence our form dropped when he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tam4hibs View Post
    You joking?!

I think the wee man is the bees knees - i think he is the only player currently at Hibs with a creative spark (maybe Spoony but you dont see it whens he playng RB).

Yep, hes had a torrid time with injuries but hes a player id much rather have for 1/2 a season than not at all.

Brilliant to watch. Skillfull. Technically very good (could challange Riordan on the free kick taking). And unlike Benji, great attitude. Best player for us last season until he got injured.

And like the earlier poster mentioned - i dont think it was a coincidence our form dropped when he got injured.
    Nah, not kidding at all, i think people overrate him on here.

It doesnt matter how many flicks and tricks he does, we're simply not getting any return on him at all. A wasted wage in my opinion.

I'm not doubting he's a good player, but really, how often does he actually play? And out of those games how many is he really turning it on?

What are we getting from him then? a handful of games a season?? Sorry he's not for me, ship out and move on.

Thats the style of player we want but he's not doing it for us so get someone else who we'll get more than 4 or 5 games out of a season. A paupers Latapy at best!

On his day he is by far the best player we have for creating chances and exciting the fans, however the amount of time he spends on the treatment table is only outdone by Killen.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    Get rid of him? nah, he'd fit in at the Emerates both on skill and vision. maybe a possibillity that he gets injured more due to our dodgy pitch in the last half of the season. This will be the first season ( in Europe) that we will see his full potential, with De Graff/Spoony on the right Zouma could have a free roll and get the ball moving around quicker in mid field without being forced to play in one specific area of the pitch, the wee man is class and one we want to keep a hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    can only be drugs

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd sell him tomorrow, a fantastic player when he's on form, in fact one of the 1st names on the team sheet imho. Although those days like Benji are few and far between. Injured a lot, went on loan for a season. I think the club should cash in before he leaves for nothing, like benji. I would not sign anymore muslim players, the 2 we have signed have not contributed enough when ramadan in on, couple that with them not settling well, both have gone out on loan, and injuries, that market imho does not give enough value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd sell him tomorrow, a fantastic player when he's on form, in fact one of the 1st names on the team sheet imho. Although those days like Benji are few and far between. Injured a lot, went on loan for a season. I think the club should cash in before he leaves for nothing, like benji. I would not sign anymore muslim players, the 2 we have signed have not contributed enough when ramadan in on, couple that with them not settling well, both have gone out on loan, and injuries, that market imho does not give enough value for money.
    What about Jews? should we sign any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    What about Jews? should we sign any of them?
    I knew someone would come back with a reply like that. I'd take jews if they were european jews.

I knew someone would come back with a reply like that. I'd take jews if they were european jews.
    Jews have to fast on Yom Kippur, September 18th. This clashes with our home match against Hamilton. No way should we sign any of them, they wouldnt provide a return on our investment
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 03-07-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Jews have to fast on Yom Kippur, September 18th. This clashes with our home match against St Johnstone. No way should we sign any of them, they wouldnt provide a return on our investment
    I can put up with one day.

I can put up with one day.
    But theres those bleedin candlesticks to consider. Drop one of those on your teammate's foot and his metatarsal is at risk...

It is really frustrating that probably our most talanted player has hardly kicked a ball for us in two seasons for various reasons, so I can understand why some folks on here are beginning to wonder if its worth keeping him around. Have to admit that I'm one of them.

But thats the only reason. A great wee player on his day.

As for the Muslim thing. Not really a factor IMO for Zouma, Benji was just naturally a lazy git anyway.

We need a full season from Zouma or it will be better for him to go.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    But theres those bleedin candlesticks to consider. Drop one of those on your teammate's foot and his metatarsal is at risk...
    If we signed a jewish player and it turns out they all suffered a broken metatarsal every year and spent a month out from that happening i'd tend to think jewish players weren't great value either

Aye because they all walk around with candlesticks, dropping it on team mates feet. Unlike muslims who let their fitness drop, to the detriment of the team the fans and the people who pay their wages.

Aye because they all walk around with candlesticks, dropping it on team mates feet. Unlike muslims who let their fitness drop, to the detriment of the team the fans and the people who pay their wages.
    I think you're starting to make a fool of yourself

I think you're starting to make a fool of yourself
    Wouldnt be the 1st time.

Jews can't play on a Saturday however they can play on Sunday - a day when our protestants and catholics rarely show up, especially if it's a televised game against the old firm.

PS regarding Zemmama, I'd like to see how he gets on this season before jumping to the conclusion that he is too inconsistent. YEs, his career has been disrupted a lot so far, but if it hadn't been he wouldn't still be at HIbs.
    Last edited by (((Fergus))); 03-07-2010 at 12:45 PM.

i have a feeling the ramadan issue might not be too significant now Benji is away. i get the feeling Zoumer doesn't give too much of a ***** about that stuff but maybe went along with it when his mate was here possible due to peer pressure/ going with the flow. i suspect he won't be making a big deal of it off his own back, if he feels its expected of him he'll probably go along with it though so Yogi would do well not to assume its a big deal for him imo.

Ye gods ..... Lets not turn this into an argument about religion, therin lies madness.

Having said that, if one of the teams in the SPL or EPL had a squad full of born again Christians it wouldnt half screw up SKY,s Sunday schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft;2505944[B
    ]i have a feeling the ramadan issue might not be too significant now Benji is away.[/B] i get the feeling Zoumer doesn't give too much of a ***** about that stuff but maybe went along with it when his mate was here possible due to peer pressure/ going with the flow. i suspect he won't be making a big deal of it off his own back, if he feels its expected of him he'll probably go along with it though so Yogi would do well not to assume its a big deal for him imo.
    He's in the last year of his contract, i doubt it will make any difference either. The club will sell if they can, they wont want him leaving for free.

Ramadan in 2010 will start on Wednesday, the 11th of August and will continue for 30 days until Thursday, the 9th of September

Kind of worst possible time for an SPL footballer who likes playing in nice weather on brand new pitches.

I think it comes forward each year by about 10 days, so the longer he stays, the better it gets for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If we signed a jewish player and it turns out they all suffered a broken metatarsal every year and spent a month out from that happening i'd tend to think jewish players weren't great value either
    I dont think Zouma's metatarsals and hamstrings (the two reasons he's missed so much football) are anything to do with his religion. The ramadan thing has been debated so many times on here theres no point doing it again (what was Collins doing? Why did he tell Zemmama and Benji to take the time off?) but its obvious looking at the NBA for example that muslims can continue to be successful sportsmen during ramadan.

I dont think Zouma's metatarsals and hamstrings (the two reasons he's missed so much football) are anything to do with his religion. The ramadan thing has been debated so many times on here theres no point doing it again (what was Collins doing? Why did he tell Zemmama and Benji to take the time off?) but its obvious looking at the NBA for example that muslims can continue to be successful sportsmen during ramadan.
    Do these NBA teams have muslims from other continents in their teams?

Do these NBA teams have muslims from other continents in their teams?
    i don't know, is it relevant?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    IMO, we should make it club policy not to sign practising Catholics.

All that genuflecting can't be good for the knees.