hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

Channel Tunnel by Car - Documents

Just arranged a quick holiday in France and driving down via tunnel.

Just remembered my car is leased and i don't have a registration certificate. I drive tomorrow night.

Anyone know if you are absolutely required to have this for checking in or if it is just a nice to have in case you get stopped.

I can produce my lease agreement but will have no time to arrange anything else.

Anyone taken the car over tghrough and can advise on the document checks??

Cheers!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't worry. Assuming you're travelling from Folkstone on Le Shuttle you just drive straight on.

The Police in France might not be so forthcoming, though. Make sure you've got your insurance documentation and licence. French law also requires you to carry a fluorescent jacket and a red warning triangle in case of breakdown.

Also....don't speed. Fines are steep.

@hibs.net private member
    We have had a problem in the past with the documentation coming through in time. I can't remember what we did exactly, but I think we got a covering letter and copy faxed somewhere for us to pick up. As Sergey says, it's unlikely to stop you getting there, but it will be a problem if you're involved in an accident or stopped by the police. And you can add spare bulbs to the list of items that you need to carry - though you can generally pick these up at ports. And a first aid kit - though I'm not sure I've ever remembered that one.

Coaching Staff
    Thnaks guys, may be able to get a letter or a copy of something to produce if need be. Was just worried if I had to produce it to check in for the tunnel.