hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: What a night!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

What a night!

Absolutely excellent evening of entertainment at the Usher Hall tonight, the best three and a half hours I've had in a long time.

Highlights for me had to be the Bum Clocks - absolutely mental - and the half-set - probably about ten songs - we got from the Proclaimers!

Was also nice to see Sir Tom and Rod Petrie getting such a good reception from the crowd as well.

Wee bit disappointing to see John Collins' video message get booed by some, but hopefully the fact that the next clip showed us winning the cup with him in charge gave food for thought for some.

The whole evening has left me feeling very positive about all things Hibs!

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Bumclocks were - IMO - effin' *****, but there we go. Didn't detract one little bit from one of the most enjoyable and memorable evenings I've had in a looooong time.

One thing of note - could we please, please get Grant Stott to be the Matchday announcer - about 1000x better than Tweedle Dumb or whoever does it at the moment.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    What a fantastic night! Everything from start to finish was amazing, just amazing!! Sir Tom Famers speech was brilliant, and Grant Scott did a brilliant job presenting (why the heck is he not our match day announcer at Easter Road???). It was great to see all the former greats on the stage, espeically the wee surprises like Boozy, Glass, Brewster etc. The two comedians were great, some real cracking jokes! Fish, the bum clock brilliant, and to top it all off The Proclaimers were outstanding! Singing Sunshine On Leith was unforgetable, and Glory Glory at the end. Can anyone tell i'm still buzzing???
    Please oh please tell me that was videoed tonight and will be available to purchase somewhere????

After Tam Dean Burn's vision of hell I can't get the thought of Wallet Mercenary and the manager of a well known Edinburgh band together in a jacuzzi full of boiling fat out of my head

First Team Breakthrough
    The Bum Clocks made me want to gouge my own eyes out but the entire night was absolutely superb.

The Proclaimers performing Sunshine on Leith will live long in the memory.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Cracking night. Made you feel even better about bein a Hibby. Anyone see our Flag 'Sauzee, Le God'. Some tart tried to get us to take it down at the start hahaha

great night! Makes you proud to be a hibs fan & reminded everyone including past & present players what being part of the hibernian family means.
    only wish sauzee wasn't at the WC & could have been there :)
    the glory glory sing along at the end was classic!
    Grant stott is top notch!

I echo the previous sentiments and would just add that the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up from the off - the scenes of 1990, YNWA etc were superb and very moving. As was Kenny MacLean Snr's grandson's moving tribute. Just one question...who was the former player on the stage before super Joe (wee guy in the green t-shirt)? Didn't catch his name and can't, for the life of me, remember/recognise him! :notworthy:
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 09-06-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Thicko

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cracking night. Made you feel even better about bein a Hibby. Anyone see our Flag 'Sauzee, Le God'. Some tart tried to get us to take it down at the start hahaha

was it a wee blonde lassie with a dalkeith demolition helmet on ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    was it a wee blonde lassie with a dalkeith demolition helmet on ?
    Nah, it was big fat Blonde wummin wi a face like a melted welly. Could of been her Ma.....................should've asked

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    What a fantastic night! Everything from start to finish was amazing, just amazing!! Sir Tom Famers speech was brilliant, and Grant Scott did a brilliant job presenting (why the heck is he not our match day announcer at Easter Road???). It was great to see all the former greats on the stage, espeically the wee surprises like Boozy, Glass, Brewster etc. The two comedians were great, some real cracking jokes! Fish, the bum clock brilliant, and to top it all off The Proclaimers were outstanding! Singing Sunshine On Leith was unforgetable, and Glory Glory at the end. Can anyone tell i'm still buzzing???
    Please oh please tell me that was videoed tonight and will be available to purchase somewhere????
    I doubt vary much that the tache's budget would stretch to Grant's appearance fees - better to stick to developing promising young DJs anyway - as is the Hibs way.

Sounds like a brilliant night though -thanks for sharing it

has anyone got pics or vids?

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Absolutely excellent evening of entertainment at the Usher Hall tonight, the best three and a half hours I've had in a long time.

Highlights for me had to be the Bum Clocks - absolutely mental - and the half-set - probably about ten songs - we got from the Proclaimers!

Was also nice to see Sir Tom and Rod Petrie getting such a good reception from the crowd as well.

Wee bit disappointing to see John Collins' video message get booed by some, but hopefully the fact that the next clip showed us winning the cup with him in charge gave food for thought for some.

The whole evening has left me feeling very positive about all things Hibs!
    Yep, a great night. I think we take our showbiz/media Hibbys for granted at times. Thought half way
    through the night that there's not many Clubs in the UK which could attract such a talented line up.

I actually thought Johnny Collins got a rousing reception bar a couple of numpties shouting out with their
    own agenda.

A great night to be a Hibby and will keep the momentum going over the Summer before the Euro tie

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    I echo the previous sentiments and would just add that the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up from the off - the scenes of 1990, YNWA etc were superb and very moving. As was Kenny MacLean Snr's grandson's moving tribute. Just one question...who was the former player on the stage before super Joe (wee guy in the green t-shirt)? Didn't catch his name and can't, for the life of me, remember/recognise him! :notworthy:
    Calum Milne

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I doubt vary much that the tache's budget would stretch to Grant's appearance fees - better to stick to developing promising young DJs anyway - as is the Hibs way.

Sounds like a brilliant night though -thanks for sharing it
    grant stott does pre/post match hosting in hospitality at easter road, but im sure we could get him to do one off games as match announcer, eg, against the ****bos

Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    has anyone got pics or vids?
    Got a few vids, can't see much but should be able to hear.

Just need to work out how to upload them :)

just back from after gig party in Hudson, fantastic night :)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    Nice???

Nah, it was big fat Blonde wummin wi a face like a melted welly. Could of been her Ma.....................should've asked

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    grant stott does pre/post match hosting in hospitality at easter road, but im sure we could get him to do one off games as match announcer, eg, against the ****bos
    Nah! Let's leave that to them, we have a proper Radio DJ person liked by all for what he does best, with class