hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Prawn sandwich brigade

I never thought that Hibs had fans who were snobs or thought that different parts of the ground were for different class of people. I have been a regular in west stand for a number of years but with the building of the East stand my mates and I thought we would get a chance to get 6 seats together in the West with people switching to the East.

So I went along to ER today and was amazed at the behaviour and attitude of 3 forty something fans in front of me. They were trying to get seats closer to middle of the West stand but couldn't get the seats they required. They were then offered a chance to move to the East but refused as in there opinion the East is full of Ned's, casuals and WALK UP's. Whilst Hibs have their fair share of fans who cause bother I cant understand why some who chooses to pay at the gate is any less of a fan.

After telling them to grow up I promptly asked for six seats in the East. I don't regard myself as a Ned, far to old to be a causal and as I have a ST ticket I'm unsure how i fit their description of a East stander.

Are there others out there who don't sit in the East because of their perception of the patrons of that area of the ground?

On a side note I now have to tell 5 mates we are now in the East

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgian dubh80
    The East stand is where it's at! Your 5 friends should be thanking you for the priveledge!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The guys fighting over the seats in the west sound like obnoxious plonkers.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Im in the East and if he refered to me as a 'ned' Id knock his ***** block off.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never thought that Hibs had fans who were snobs or thought that different parts of the ground were for different class of people. I have been a regular in west stand for a number of years but with the building of the East stand my mates and I thought we would get a chance to get 6 seats together in the West with people switching to the East.

So I went along to ER today and was amazed at the behaviour and attitude of 3 forty something fans in front of me. They were trying to get seats closer to middle of the West stand but couldn't get the seats they required. They were then offered a chance to move to the East but refused as in there opinion the East is full of Ned's, casuals and WALK UP's. Whilst Hibs have their fair share of fans who cause bother I cant understand why some who chooses to pay at the gate is any less of a fan.

After telling them to grow up I promptly asked for six seats in the East. I don't regard myself as a Ned, far to old to be a causal and as I have a ST ticket I'm unsure how i fit their description of a East stander.

Are there others out there who don't sit in the East because of their perception of the patrons of that area of the ground?

To be honest mate I've always thought that the West is full of fans that I'd happily lable the "prawn sandwich brigade". My brother had a season ticket there for afew season before moving down south and I used to go to games when he couldn't make it. The area he sat in was full of sourfaced know it alls who you'd think had never been to a game in their lives with some of the pish I heard (obviously this is my humble opinion).

I seem to always remember the Hearts game from 2 seasons ago under Mixu, we went 1-0 up (Nishy I think scored) in the first 40 seconds of the game. The stadium went mental and the east started the hibee bounce...I joined in naturally and after afew seconds i looked around and all of them were just sitting there looking at me as if I'd shat on there mother!!!

The point that I'm trying to get at is that I agree that there is (in my experience)a poor attitude and even poorer atmosphere in that west stand for my liking and probably the reason why I didnt renew the season ticket after my brother left the 'burgh...or possibly because I'm a part-time supporter who prefers to be a "walkup" these days
    Last edited by Russdoorsfan71; 08-06-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling...god i'm such a ned!!!!!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I am in the West and quite enjoy the prawn sandwiches i get.

i have sat next to know it alls and erses in the east, the west and most recently the famous five. I am moving back to the west this year where no doubt i will sit near some more erses and know it alls.

its called opinions isn't it if we didn't have them and were all the same it would be a pretty boring place to live.

there are fannies and great fans all over the stadium don't think it matters what they eat at halftime mate to be honest..

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    There are a fair few snobs in the West. I sat there last season with my Dad as he'd had a major operation not too long before the start of the season so he wasn't really up for standing in the East all game.

We sat three blocks from the South. Even at the games against Celtic, Hearts and Rangers you couldn't get anybody up for it, there was no atmosphere whatsoever. The guy behind me was a complete and utter ersepiece who done nothing but berate Hogg and Nish for ninety minutes and another guy behind me actually asked me to sit down when I was singing. This was right after Stokes put us one up versus the Huns only seconds into the match. Seriously.

Far too much negativity in the West for me. Won't be back. Roll on next season. East Stand baby Row R seat 178

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    i have sat next to know it alls and erses in the east, the west and most recently the famous five. I am moving back to the west this year where no doubt i will sit near some more erses and know it alls.

its called opinions isn't it if we didn't have them and were all the same it would be a pretty boring place to live.

there are fannies and great fans all over the stadium don't think it matters what
    they eat at halftime mate to be honest..
    Opinions? So, in my opinion everyone that sits in the West Stand is a posh prick who looks down their nose at everybody.
    Does that sit ok with you?

The 3 guys sound like ********s.

In all fairness, lets not brand the majority with the attitudes of the minority. Yes there are knobs in the West, but lets be clear about this there are also an equal amounts in the East.

I have had a season ticket in the West since before the new stand was built and as I moved away (to Manchester) at the end of last season I decided to still have a ticket but a cheaper one in the East as I would not make it to every game. I have to say that the banter was great (in the East) but also at times it was equally bad.

It seems that on the Bounce and .Net, when there is not much to discuss then the old East (Neds) vs West (Prawn munchers) arguement gets brought up. Lets just all try and agree that being a hibby is great and that not all hibs fans are level minded individuals who are willing to get on with one another.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Im in the East and if he refered to me as a 'ned' Id knock his ***** block off.

Bollox to them - signed the oldest Ned in town

Quote Originally Posted by Russdoorsfan71 View Post
    To be honest mate I've always thought that the West is full of fans that I'd happily lable the "prawn sandwich brigade". My brother had a season ticket there for afew season before moving down south and I used to go to games when he couldn't make it. The area he sat in was full of sourfaced know it alls who you'd think had never been to a game in their lives with some of the pish I heard (obviously this is my humble opinion).

I seem to always remember the Hearts game from 2 seasons ago under Mixu, we went 1-0 up (Nishy I think scored) in the first 40 seconds of the game. The stadium went mental and the east started the hibee bounce...I joined in naturally and after afew seconds i looked around and all of them were just sitting there looking at me as if I'd shat on there mother!!!

The point that I'm trying to get at is that I agree that there is (in my experience)a poor attitude and even poorer atmosphere in that west stand for my liking and probably the reason why I didnt renew the season ticket after my brother left the 'burgh...or possibly because I'm a part-time supporter who prefers to be a "walkup" these days
    Bit of a sweeping statement there branding all West Standers as the same. I was in the West last season and plenty folk round about me got behind the team with a song or two

In this new season coming up I intend moving to the East so no more prawn sandwiches for me

PS What do the folk that dinnae like prawns get oan thir piece?
    This is how it feels

I have had ST in all three stands. Thinking back to the seventies there were those in the West Stand who considered the rest of us to be ferile and to be fair the way a lot of people behaved in those days they weren't far wrong. I think a lot of that remains to this day. However, they are wrong because I have seen my fair share of neds, alkies, jakies and casuals sitting in the west (they just don't want to admit it). I'd happily sit in any stand, I'm working class and proud of it.

I'm moving from the FF to the East and I'm not a snob.

In fact to prove my point I'm even letting my butler move with me, though, of course, I'm taking the cost of his season ticket off his meagre wages.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was a regular in the East for many years, then got a Season Ticket in the FF but now have a season ticket in the west.

I understand peoples views but would say that like in life there are lots of different people who support Hibs and their game experience would be a different thing. When I was younger the East was the place to be for the singing, the 'banter' and the atmosphere but as you get older you maybe prefer a more refined experience at the game.

I'd be surprised if many 16- 25 year olds in the East will still be doing the Hibee bounce in their 50's

The important thing is to tolerate each other and appreciate we all support Hibs in our own way.

I sat in the old cow shed behind the goals then east for 15 yrs, loved it and then decided on getting a season ticket with my dad in the west! He has a bad back and needs the backs on the chair. Anyway, I got some great laughs in the east but also had a fare few arguments with jake balls just there to noise up some fans. The west is actually alright, but again they have there fair share of snobs and chav's. No idea where i place myself anyway for me i don't think it's a matter of where you sit its how you perceive these people. i think all the stands have there fair share and this West v East is a load of pish!

I don't know what the fuss is about?

I started in the East, and was there for many years, it was great and you got a great atmosphere there. Then I moved to the FF, which was also great, but I was right at the back of the top tier and the view was good, but not brilliant. I always remember this wifey who turned round to me and complained about me using bad language. She also complained about somebody dropping litter.Her husband wore the same jumper as her too. Another time Frank McAvennie was in one of the guest seats and when Celtic scored he got up and made a 'Get It Right Up Ye' gesture towards all the Hibs fans behind him. Quite a few people started throwing pies at him, justifiably. I've been in the West for a few years now, not that far from the away end,lower tier, still enjoy it, but wouldn't mind any of the stands really, providing I get a good view.

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post
    Opinions? So, in my opinion everyone that sits in the West Stand is a posh prick who looks down their nose at everybody.

FFS. And we wonder why the atmosphere at ER is so pish when this is what Hibbees think of other Hibbees? In my opinion, there are some that sing and jump around there are others than dinnae. Doesn't make anyone a better or worse fan. In fact, that whole 'ahm a better fan than you' ****** gets right on my helmet-end and IMHE [in my humble experience] is only spouted by proper pricks, rich or not!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper

I moved to the West last year mate when I ended up going to the games on my own. Was good sitting behind the dugout watching Yogi n Co but the atmosphere was **** and when my mate made a return we quickly got back to the East. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdoorsfan71 View Post

The cold winter nights must just fly by.

Where can i get a prawn sandwich ?.

sorry to busy gold leafing my seat (centre above the tunnel) to read all of the posts on here, jut about finished then off to get a crayfish and rocket sandwich with a nice glass of champagne.......

ridiculous thread!, shout and swear (not when my dads there ) and get excited just like the next man (in the east)

I class myself as "upper class" and I sit in the West.

You heathens in the East are nothing but an embarassment, paupers the lot of you. Stuff the Prawn Sandwiches by the way - Champagne and Caviar for me every time.

In all seriousness, you will find knobs in all the home ends at ER........but they are far outnumbered by good Hibees in my experience.

Hibs Till I Die.

I dont sit in the east or eat prawn sandwiches.FFS the stand is,nt finished yet and already we are having an uberfan debate.These guys sounded like dicks, but to think that there wont be idiots in the east next season is totally blinkered.Like it or not there are Hibs fans that are idiots, regardless of where they sit.As a matter of interest i wonder if the op gets the irony that he tells them to have a word for slagging the east, but then callls others prwn sandwich munchers.Get a grip man.Thats whats wrong with the atmosphere at ER. I,m a better fan than you? No your not, and neither am i.Get over it and support the team.This nonsense is boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post

Oh dear, what a dreadful post.

I can only assume that you are a female and you are on your period at the moment.

Always thought the east was for the mentals, then i went and after 5 minutes i never wanted to go to any other stand. Ned or whatever were all Hibbys so what does it matter.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Bit of a sweeping statement there branding all West Standers as the same. I was in the West last season and plenty folk round about me got behind the team with a song or two

In this new season coming up I intend moving to the East so no more prawn sandwiches for me

PS What do the folk that dinnae like prawns get oan thir piece?
    As the self confessed 'West Stand Renegade,' () I find that a mince pie washed down with a plastic cup of coffee hits the spot nicely.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Blog Entries
    Get a grip people,we all love one another,West with East...Black with White.....Bald with hirstute.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .what was the question again

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I've heard the East stand being referred to as the 'Ned Shed' and I think that's due to the casuals that sat towards the away end. I've never been in it so I can't comment.