@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar

Aberdeen Uni

anyone heading up in September?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anyone heading up in September?
    Oh god not another one

I'm heading back to Edinburgh in August after 6 years in Aberdeen. Finished Uni a couple of years ago but stayed in Aberdeen working for a couple of years.

Aberdeen is a decent enough city for heading out. Loads of student nights, drinks promos etc etc. The uni gym is 2nd to none and most of the sports clubs are pretty well run. Loads of Hibs fans at the uni too so doubt you will find it too hard to find similar sensible people.

I'm an RGU student (running away in shame as we speak) but from what I've seen of Aberdeen campus and student living area ( a few of my mates go to AU) it looks good. Aberdeen is good to live in with plenty for students to do so you'll enjoy it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cod Flanders
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo10 View Post
    Oh god not another one

:jealoussmiley:

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    I'm heading back to Edinburgh in August after 6 years in Aberdeen. Finished Uni a couple of years ago but stayed in Aberdeen working for a couple of years.

Aberdeen is a decent enough city for heading out. Loads of student nights, drinks promos etc etc. The uni gym is 2nd to none and most of the sports clubs are pretty well run. Loads of Hibs fans at the uni too so doubt you will find it too hard to find similar sensible people.
    Aye sums it up for me. The actual City is alright, no Edinburgh () But being a student up there ia pretty awesome. I prefer the clubs to Edinburgh clubs by a mile. Much, much better and generally cheaper. What club in Edinburgh can you get a double on a Friday night for £1.80? Amazing.

What halls you staying in Milkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Jevitt View Post
    :jealoussmiley:

Aye sums it up for me. The actual City is alright, no Edinburgh () But being a student up there ia pretty awesome. I prefer the clubs to Edinburgh clubs by a mile. Much, much better and generally cheaper. What club in Edinburgh can you get a double on a Friday night for £1.80? Amazing.

What halls you staying in Milkey?
    Which club can you get a double for £1.80 on a friday?

Is it tiger (vanity)?

Gamer IDs

300 at Pearl Lounge. Good night too

Sounds good! Jevitt, I'm staying in New Carnegie Court which I'm pretty happy about!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Never realised that you got NCC. You won't be sorry when you see the rest of Hillhead!

Up here just now looking for a flat for next year. The best one we've seen, incorporating value for money, is in Tillydrone

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Didn't realise there were quite so many of you up here!

We should look into setting up an AUHIBS Supporters Club
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

Absolutely!

Yeah sorry Calv I never said. So did Matt and some other gadgies from EA (dunno if that's a good thing)

Gamer IDs

Absolutely!

Yeah sorry Calv I never said. So did Matt and some other gadgies from EA (dunno if that's a good thing)
    It's not

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    It's not
    What I thought

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

There is a fair few Hibbies based in Aberdeen on this board and there were ideas thrown about a few years back about setting up some kind of supporters club/travel group. Unfortunately because so many of us were students not everyone was able/willing to commit to travelling every week/fornight and the idea fell by the wayside.

I'm still convinced it cpould work if someone was willing to take charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    Never realised that you got NCC. You won't be sorry when you see the rest of Hillhead!

Up here just now looking for a flat for next year. The best one we've seen, incorporating value for money, is in Tillydrone
    Hillhead is magic. Me and a few mates managed to get one of our mates kicked out Wavell House a few years back after organising a rave in his communal kitchen which spiralled out of control when over 200 people turned up. He took the blame as he was the resident in those halls and was told to pack his bags and get out, he spent his last 6 weeks of 1st year sleeping on my floor.

Tillydrone isn't actually so bad. I lived in Woodside for a year and had no bother at all. Not the nicest place to look at but rents fairly reasonable and it's pretty handy for town.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    Hillhead is magic. Me and a few mates managed to get one of our mates kicked out Wavell House a few years back after organising a rave in his communal kitchen which spiralled out of control when over 200 people turned up. He took the blame as he was the resident in those halls and was told to pack his bags and get out, he spent his last 6 weeks of 1st year sleeping on my floor.

Tillydrone isn't actually so bad. I lived in Woodside for a year and had no bother at all. Not the nicest place to look at but rents fairly reasonable and it's pretty handy for town.
    Haha, I was Hector Boece. Basic but fun. Have quite a few friends who were in Fyfe. Catered Halls weren't for me, prison style corridors gave me the creeps!

I don't mind Tillydrone, convenient and cheap. N19 goes there too so will probably go for it.

What's the layout at NCC? I didn't go and see them I just based my choice on the facilities and 5 a side pitch

Gamer IDs

Too many Hillheaders here. Long live Johnstone

Room to Let

i came up to Aberdeen 6 years ago & have never returned, i did 4 years at RGU and i've now been working North of Aberdeen for a couple of years. I've recently bought a flat on a great location on King Street, ideal for town & the uni. I've got a spare bedroom to rent out so if anyone is looking for a place to rent then give me a shout Would be great to be sharing with a decent Hibby, the 40" plasma with Sky HD is best suited to watching football & not soaps

Aberdeen is a decent city, some minky bits but that's like any other city. It's a good size for getting about & has everything you need to live a decent live. It's great for being a student & i've had hundreds of top quality nights out, i've always said it's a better night out than Edinburgh. the 2 uni's mean that there's plenty of talent on show if that tickles your fancy

hail hail

Gamer IDs

What's the layout at NCC? I didn't go and see them I just based my choice on the facilities and 5 a side pitch
    It's pretty much a hollow square layout. Four storeys tall, each room has 5 ensuite bedrooms down a corridor, with the kitchen at the end. The real advantage of all the other halls is that theres a seating area with 2 couches beside the kitchen.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    You will be fine as long as its not RGU mate, there a joke. I just did one year there and thought to myself this place is a ******ing waste of my time. I was ment to be in a course that was about animation and sh*t but instead the had us making giant letters and having us make a collage.

Left after 1st year. Love the city tho. Am taking a year out up here and saving up some money.

But you will be fine at AU my mates went there and have done really well for themselfs

RGU is decent, i had a great time there & learnt a lot, me & all the folk i went to uni with now have decent jobs due to the degrees we got.
    but the degree is the secondary issue, getting steaming & having a hell of a good time is the number one priority &aberdeen certainly delivers!

RGU does get a bit of stick from Aberdeen Uni but RGU does have a good reputation within the business world, especially with it's links with the oil industry and with it's placement year with many of the degrees it does have a really high graduate type employment rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevitt View Post
    300 at Pearl Lounge. Good night too
    Oh aye, went there once, must have forgotten £8 entry though if not an advance ticket holder.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post
    Oh aye, went there once, must have forgotten £8 entry though if not an advance ticket holder.
    Only if it is a special night (eg last week they had Roll Deep and it was £8) but normally it's £4.