hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver Bid

Driver Bid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8726843.stm

Burnley have offered £1.5m for Andy Driver...that is miles off what they were wanting for him last summer...

Vlad won't be accepting that bid

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Burnley have offered £1.5m for Andy Driver...that is miles off what they were wanting for him last summer...

Vlad will bite there hands off. That'll be another 1.5million making it's way to vlad courtesy of ryannair

He aint worth that ...Romanov is just desperate for cash ...worth no more than £500,000 ...imo..average player & no more than that ...

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    He aint worth that ...Romanov is just desperate for cash ...worth no more than £500,000 ...imo..average player & no more than that ...
    yeah but some of the yams are deluded and think their players are worth well more than they actually are

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    They think their team is worth worth about 35 million....

But what they fail to realize is that its 35 million in debt they're worth. But they owe it to themselves anyway, so no worries...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    yeah but some of the yams are deluded and think their players are worth well more than they actually are
    If Fletch is worth £6.5 million then Driver is comfortably worth £1.5 million. I mean Fletch is easily the better player but if Driver was at Hibs I'd want at least £1.5 million for him.

And I don't know how we can accuse the Jambos of being deluded when some Hibs.net-ers have quoted £5million for Bamba?!!

Quote Originally Posted by famous_five_hfc View Post
    If Fletch is worth £6.5 million then Driver is comfortably worth £1.5 million. I mean Fletch is easily the better player but if Driver was at Hibs I'd want at least £1.5 million for him.

And I don't know how we can accuse the Jambos of being deluded when some Hibs.net-ers have quoted £5million for Bamba?!!
    Where aboot ?

Aye I would have said he's worth £1.5m but no more IMO. Bamba after the WC should be worth £4-5m. Driver's so over-rated.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Where aboot ?
    Price will be dictated by how much of his contract is left.

If only a year or so I fully expect Vlad to give him an extension with a ridiculous salary as a gamble that he attracts further interest. Craig Levein will do his best to increase his worth also (I expect a flurry of Hearts players in the Scotland squad in the next couple of years)

The gamble for Vlad of course is Driver stays injured and puts in mediocre performances and loses value.

I would say £2 Million for Bamba would be good...but not saying we could get that...Driver has had a poor season in all honesty, and thats why I don't think he's worth £1.5 million at the moment...if he was playing at his best consistently he would be

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Price will be dictated by how much of his contract is left.

If only a year or so I fully expect Vlad to give him an extension with a ridiculous salary as a gamble that he attracts further interest. Craig Levein will do his best to increase his worth also (I expect a flurry of Hearts players in the Scotland squad in the next couple of years)

The gamble for Vlad of course is Driver stays injured and puts in mediocre performances and loses value.
    Spot on .....Driver is decent & whenever decent in a rank yam tramp team he gets the plaudits ...Vlad then adds a couple o notches onto his value ...the man who sucks every penny from the tramps will inflate the value of every player ..

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I would say £2 Million for Bamba would be good...but not saying we could get that...Driver has had a poor season in all honesty, and thats why I don't think he's worth £1.5 million at the moment...if he was playing at his best consistently he would be
    anyone can have a good game, i remember alan o'brien having one once, the people that are worth serious money are the ones that do it consistantly, driver doesn't do that.

What Fletch is worth now is completely irrelevant as he is worth what he's worth after proving himself in the premiership, Driver has struggled to consistantly prove himself in a poor league against pretty poor players.

I think if he's got a year left on his contract £1.5m is a terrific price for him, they mentioned on the news hearts want double that for him, i'd be amazed if any club offered much more than £1.5m.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think if he's got a year left on his contract £1.5m is a terrific price for him, they mentioned on the news hearts want double that for him, i'd be amazed if any club offered much more than £1.5m.
    £1.5m for a player that couldnae beat David Van Zanten is a huge price

anyone can have a good game, i remember alan o'brien having one once, the people that are worth serious money are the ones that do it consistantly, driver doesn't do that.

What Fletch is worth now is completely irrelevant as he is worth what he's worth after proving himself in the premiership, Driver has struggled to consistantly prove himself in a poor league against pretty poor players.

I agree with you completely

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd be excited by these stats if I was a Burnley fan............Not!!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_de...playerid=35739

Club 12 (2013) Supporter

He is contracted to Hearts until 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    In which case, £1.5 million for an England U-21 international is a bit of a pittance

Nah, in all seriousness, if he could perform regularly, he'd be worth that, £2 million tops.

If Burnley have offered that, Vlad will quite fancy it for his next self-indulgent project, "Vlad's Ultimate Fighter on Ice" for primetime Lithuanian TV.

2 teams, with expert celebrity coaches Laryea Kingston and Christian Nadé train and finely hone a team of crack contestants. Sideline assistance is provided by Rima and her magic sticks, the all-important Black box, and Ivanauskas' cheerier cousin, Count Dracula.

Touchline analysis to be provided by Eduard Malofeev.

Roll up, Roll up, it's what the Beautiful People are watching this summer

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    fair enough, i thought i read somewhere he had a year left, i'll assume your right though.

I still think he'll have to produce it more consistantly to be worth £3m, there's no denying he's shown glimpses of having the potential to be a £3m player but IMO he's not worth anywhere near that now.

You'll obviously have seen more of him than me though

(doesn't make any difference i suppose though as you'll no be seeing any of it anyway , sorry, had ot get one dig in )

Which means ..you are left paying wages for a lame duck ...good stuff ..

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    fair enough, i thought i read somewhere he had a year left, i'll assume your right though.
    says 2013 in the BBC article,

Club 12 (2013) Supporter

I still think he'll have to produce it more consistantly to be worth £3m, there's no denying he's shown glimpses of having the potential to be a £3m player but IMO he's not worth anywhere near that now.

You'll obviously have seen more of him than me though

(doesn't make any difference i suppose though as you'll no be seeing any of it anyway , sorry, had ot get one dig in )
    He signed a new 5 year deal July 2008.

No, I doubt we will. Would be fine about it if I thought for a minute it was going towards getting the debt down, but in Vlads Mad World heaven knows where it will go....

Would be fine about it if I thought for a minute it was going towards getting the debt down, but in Vlads Mad World heaven knows where it will go....

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Aye very good....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    £1.5 million would be good value for a player that hardly kicked a ball last season.

Personally, I think he's pish.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    £1.5 million would be good value for a player that hardly kicked a ball last season.

Personally, I think he's pish.
    There was me being all diplomatic !!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    There was me being all diplomatic !!!
    Nae need for diplomacy, you're amongst friends!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

He signed a new 5 year deal July 2008.

No, I doubt we will. Would be fine about it if I thought for a minute it was going towards getting the debt down, but in Vlads Mad World heaven knows where it will go....
    Glad you can see the sense mate ..pity the rest o yer trampy mates from KB cant see it ...

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Nae need for diplomacy, you're amongst friends!
    Im just a caring person ...i have feelings ...

There is definately a player in there somewhere. But, in all honesty, he has done nothing yet, and, IMO £1.5m is a right good price for him.

still a hertz bawbagg tho'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    There is definately a player in there somewhere. But, in all honesty, he has done nothing yet, and, IMO £1.5m is a right good price for him.

still a hertz bawbagg tho'
    Nut ..£500,000...bet thats wot he goes for ..