hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,678

    Hibs business in England?

    I saw the tache this morning boarding the 7.00 train to London. To keep the rumour mill alive who could he be going to see? Someone in Newcastle? Rob Jones in Grimsby? A London based player perhaps? Incidentally no way he was going near Bristol!
    More importantly the tache had been at upper crust, I'd have thought a packed lunch of reduced goods from last night would be more akin to our Rod. And a busy expensive train?! Surely he won't hide in the bogs the whole way? What is he thinking? Is he losing it
    Last edited by givescotlandfreedom; 02-06-2010 at 10:14 AM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    22,254
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the tache this morning boarding the 7.00 train to London. To keep the rumour mill alive who could he be going to see? Someone in Newcastle? Rob Jones in Grimsby? A London based player perhaps? Incidentally no way he was going near Bristol!
    More importantly the tache had been at upper crust, I'd have thought a packed lunch of reduced goods from last night would be more akin to our Rod. And a busy expensive train?! What is he thinking? Is he losing it
    I bet he jumps off at East Mains before they check his ticket.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member WestEndHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the tache this morning boarding the 7.00 train to London. To keep the rumour mill alive who could he be going to see? Someone in Newcastle? Rob Jones in Grimsby? A London based player perhaps? Incidentally no way he was going near Bristol!
    More importantly the tache had been at upper crust, I'd have thought a packed lunch of reduced goods from last night would be more akin to our Rod. And a busy expensive train?! Surely he won't hide in the bogs the whole way? What is he thinking? Is he losing it
    Pretty sure the Daily Record did a £23 return to london deal for around about now. Either that or he'll be hiding in the toilets/under the table from the conductor.

  5. #4
    Coaching Staff --------'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25,324
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet he jumps off at East Mains before they check his ticket.


    Nonsense - Rod will have worked out a deal so that the rail company pays HIM to travel with them.

    He's obviously not in a hurry, or he'd just use his superpowers.

    Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

    Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Super-Tache!

    Yes, it's Super-Tache - strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

    Super-Tache - who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with his bare hands, and who, disguised as Rod Petrie, mild mannered executive for a great Scottish football club, fights the never ending battle for Truth, Justice and the Hibernian Way.


    Or something like that....

  6. #5
    Testimonial Due Purehibee_MYB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,305
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: purehibee PSN ID: purehibee
    Messi's representatives are very keen to get into talks with tache, as they want a deal before the world cup, so they have paid for Tache to go down to London for talks today to grind out a deal.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alloa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    9,981
    Blog Entries
    1

  8. #7
    First Team Breakthrough Luna Landing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bo'ness
    Age
    61
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeez dont do that - I thought we were re-signing Colin Murdock for a horrible moment

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Ray_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,413
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the tache this morning boarding the 7.00 train to London. To keep the rumour mill alive who could he be going to see? Someone in Newcastle? Rob Jones in Grimsby? A London based player perhaps? Incidentally no way he was going near Bristol!
    More importantly the tache had been at upper crust, I'd have thought a packed lunch of reduced goods from last night would be more akin to our Rod. And a busy expensive train?! Surely he won't hide in the bogs the whole way? What is he thinking? Is he losing it
    Last week, I was on a train & Zammy with his crutches and entourage got on at Chelmsford, they sat a few seats behind & we all to off the train at Liverpool Street. Perhaps RP was heading south so he can negotiate a better deal on the medical bills?

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10,100
    I can exclusively reveal that in the few spare days Rod has before negotiting deals with Messi and Iniesta and Rooney for the new season, he has been appointed to sort out the entire British railway network, hence why he was seen boarding the said train.

    Tomorrow he will sort out the deal between BA and the Unions.
    Thursday he will solve the world economy problems.
    Friday he will sort out that wee oil leak BP have over in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Saturday he will finish the Edinburgh Tram network.

    And on Sunday he shall rest, knowing well that he has had a relaxing week's holiday to recharge his batteries for a hard week back at Easter Road deciding which shade of green the new steelwork should actually be...

  11. #10
    Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    UK
    Age
    85
    Posts
    16,623
    Puts in some hours, our Rod, doesn't he?

  12. #11
    Surely if we were in negotiations with a player they would come to meet us so we could show them around the facilities, arrange a medical etc etc. Any negotiations with another club would be done over the phone i would assume.

    My guess is Rod was on his way down to Selhurst Park to try and pick up some materials on the cheap for the new stand from Crystal palace. He'll be annoyed now that they have been saved and the firesale is off for now. Wasted journey. PETRIE!!!!!!

  13. #12
    First Team Breakthrough bournehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    72
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can exclusively reveal that in the few spare days Rod has before negotiting deals with Messi and Iniesta and Rooney for the new season, he has been appointed to sort out the entire British railway network, hence why he was seen boarding the said train.

    Tomorrow he will sort out the deal between BA and the Unions.
    Thursday he will solve the world economy problems.
    Friday he will sort out that wee oil leak BP have over in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Saturday he will finish the Edinburgh Tram network.

    And on Sunday he shall rest, knowing well that he has had a relaxing week's holiday to recharge his batteries for a hard week back at Easter Road deciding which shade of green the new steelwork should actually be...

    bh

  14. #13
    Coaching Staff --------'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25,324
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Puts in some hours, our Rod, doesn't he?

    Time and tide waits for no man - except Rod Petrie.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,857
    Blog Entries
    1
    That was one of The Tashman's many lookalikes you saw, designed to throw rivals off the scent. I've heard on the grapevine that the real Tashed Crusader is in London on a mercy mission. Apparently Cheryl Cole needed cheering up.

  16. #15
    First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    370
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FIN1875
    are people not allowed to go anywhere without being surrounded by rumours?

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    22,254
    Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are people not allowed to go anywhere without being surrounded by rumours?
    There's no smoke without fire, etc.

  18. #17
    First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    370
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FIN1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no smoke without fire, etc.
    suppose

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10,249
    Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are people not allowed to go anywhere without being surrounded by rumours?
    I wish those rumours would give the man some space eh


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,599
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely if we were in negotiations with a player they would come to meet us so we could show them around the facilities, arrange a medical etc etc. Any negotiations with another club would be done over the phone i would assume.

    My guess is Rod was on his way down to Selhurst Park to try and pick up some materials on the cheap for the new stand from Crystal palace. He'll be annoyed now that they have been saved and the firesale is off for now. Wasted journey. PETRIE!!!!!!

    Did he not travel down South to have a meeting with Mowbray before he became our manager.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can exclusively reveal that in the few spare days Rod has before negotiting deals with Messi and Iniesta and Rooney for the new season, he has been appointed to sort out the entire British railway network, hence why he was seen boarding the said train.

    Tomorrow he will sort out the deal between BA and the Unions.
    Thursday he will solve the world economy problems.
    Friday he will sort out that wee oil leak BP have over in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Saturday he will finish the Edinburgh Tram network.

    And on Sunday he shall rest, knowing well that he has had a relaxing week's holiday to recharge his batteries for a hard week back at Easter Road deciding which shade of green the new steelwork should actually be...
    Up till that I thought you were serious

    Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are people not allowed to go anywhere without being surrounded by rumours?
    Nope

    Where were you yesterday? Who did you see?? Why didn't you tell us???
    Space to let

  22. #21
    Testimonial Due berwickhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    berwick upon tweed
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,549
    rod was dropping my season ticket off in person top man.

    then later i spotted him at the border looking to thumb a lift back to edinburgh waste not want not

  23. #22
    I too was on that train and was in First Class going to Newcastle on business and he sat opposite me a row in front .
    He didnt eat his sannies before I got off at Newcastle but enjoyed the complimentary coffee and shortbread .
    He was in conversation several times on phone but I had work to do so didnt listen in to what was said .
    On getting off I complimented him on his "Good Management " skills at ER and wished him all the best for the coming season .

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,105
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too was on that train and was in First Class going to Newcastle on business and he sat opposite me a row in front .
    He didnt eat his sannies before I got off at Newcastle but enjoyed the complimentary coffee and shortbread .
    He was in conversation several times on phone but I had work to do so didnt listen in to what was said .
    On getting off I complimented him on his "Good Management " skills at ER and wished him all the best for the coming season .
    1ST Class!! Does he think he's a Tory MP?? As SH posted, Rod went to the wilds of Ipswich to interview TM. I think a player interview or agent meeting is a distinct possibility. I mean the Tache wouldn't shell out for a 1st class ticket for personal use surely?

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Ray_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,413
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too was on that train and was in First Class going to Newcastle on business and he sat opposite me a row in front .

    On getting off I complimented him on his "Good Management " skills at ER and wished him all the best for the coming season .
    You can tell his good management skills, Zamma was in Standard Class.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Given up my ST
    Age
    36
    Posts
    27,024
    It was an advance purchase 1st class ticket. Heavily discounted because he bought it online .

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,806
    Blog Entries
    1
    God you guys have small vistas.

    With the infrastructure now being nearly completed at the club, we now need something to spend the player sales cash on as there's no way they are giving it to Hibs Managers to waste ever again.

    I have it on very good authority that RP was actually travelling down to see Cameron & Clegg to offer to meet the shortfall in the Government budget.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,122
    I reckon he was out all night on a massive George Street sesh, then caught the first train home to East Lothian but fell asleep and ended up in Newcastle. Surely Rod would only shell out for a first class ticket if pished?!

  29. #28
    Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, N.B.
    Posts
    23,488
    Blog Entries
    7
    See if you were going to London on business, would you not go by plane. My theory is that he will be going to one of the places the train stops before getting to London.

    For example, Doncaster, where the council has been replaced or something. Who better to turn around a failing social services department than big Rod?

  30. #29
    Promising Youngster
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    58
    Posts
    58

    Do not shoot the messenger

    i spoke with a millwall players dad this morning, he told me that his sons agent was having a meeting with the tache today, i took it with a pinch of salt as he has told me his son was moving elsewhere before and it did not happen, given that Rod was going down south today maybe he was correct. the guy involved was at Man city as a laddie and has been at Millwall 2 years , but now out of contract,

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,062
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was an advance purchase 1st class ticket. Heavily discounted because he bought it online .
    He actually used the Petrie mind trick while purchasing the ticket

    Ticket seller: "return ticket to london, that'll be £120"
    P-Rod: "£25 you say?"
    ticket seller: errrr no, £120 actually
    P-Rod: *gives a gentle stroke of the freshly waxed tache* "£25 will be fine"
    ticket seller: *mesmerised* "Yes £25 will be fine"
    P-Rod: So that's a free upgrade to first class as well you say?
    ticket seller: no its the standa.......*P-rod raises a finely groomed left eyebrow*.......of course first class, all the way sir.
    P-rod: Thank you, have a good day son.
    ticket seller: *daydreams* i wonder if i would suit a moustache



    reports that the same method was used when negotiating the sales of Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson are unconfirmed




    #persevered

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)