hibs.net Messageboard

Help spending money

I could probably post this on the main board as it is football related but i'm sure i'll get far more interesting replies on here.

Basically since i was about 16 i have saved quite a bit of money with the intention of following Scotland to a World Cup. My hope was that it would be Germany 2006 as it was pretty close by in a real footballing country with good beer and i would have been 20 which i consider a good age to do that kind of thing. This year would have been great as South Africa is a wonderful country and i now have enough money to really explore the place. Now the next World Cup is obviously 4 years away in Brazil, for obvious reasons that would be a fantastic experience.

This is my problem though. Is it worth hanging on another 4 years in the hope Scotland get their act together. The fact is i'm not even a huge fan of the national team but would just love to experience a World Cup and i would prefer it if Scotland qualified. Or should i just spend the money on a trip elsewhere? Hold on for the Euros in France 2016 when due to the increase in teams we have a better chance of qualifying? Go to Brazil regardless and just enjoy the World Cup with or without Scotland? Or my current plan is to spend the lot on a trip to Las Vegas for the Mayweather v Pacquaio fight when it eventually happens?

Any suggestions welcome.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could probably post this on the main board as it is football related but i'm sure i'll get far more interesting replies on here.

Basically since i was about 16 i have saved quite a bit of money with the intention of following Scotland to a World Cup. My hope was that it would be Germany 2006 as it was pretty close by in a real footballing country with good beer and i would have been 20 which i consider a good age to do that kind of thing. This year would have been great as South Africa is a wonderful country and i now have enough money to really explore the place. Now the next World Cup is obviously 4 years away in Brazil, for obvious reasons that would be a fantastic experience.

This is my problem though. Is it worth hanging on another 4 years in the hope Scotland get their act together. The fact is i'm not even a huge fan of the national team but would just love to experience a World Cup and i would prefer it if Scotland qualified. Or should i just spend the money on a trip elsewhere? Hold on for the Euros in France 2016 when due to the increase in teams we have a better chance of qualifying? Go to Brazil regardless and just enjoy the World Cup with or without Scotland? Or my current plan is to spend the lot on a trip to Las Vegas for the Mayweather v Pacquaio fight when it eventually happens?

Any suggestions welcome.

or you follow HIBS in europe....taking the ever so friendly Gus with you

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or my current plan is to spend the lot on a trip to Las Vegas for the Mayweather v Pacquaio fight when it eventually happens?

Any suggestions welcome.

You could visit the chicken ranch as well