hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

English clubs in chase to sign Hibs frontman Derek Riordan

Riordan has a bit of previous over this, so Petrie will not want let him go for free.

In today's Daily ******.........
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...86908-22264513

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn Sandwich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Riordan has a bit of previous over this, so Petrie will not want let him go for free.

In today's Daily ******.........
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...86908-22264513
    £400,000?

I would think that if Yogi wants him to be part of his future plans then he will be offered an extention on his current deal in the summer, if he doesn't sign it then he will go for the first reasonable offer, simple as that.

£400-500k and releasing his wage will give us a head start over every other SPL side outside the OF to get his replacement. He's already walked away once, can't see Hibs letting it happen again.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    £400,000 For a number of reasons I really cant see him wanting to uproot and move to somewhere like Derby! QPR??...Do me a favour!! He will want to stay, whether Yogi wants him to stay however is the issue...

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    I would think that if Yogi wants him to be part of his future plans then he will be offered an extention on his current deal in the summer, if he doesn't sign it then he will go for the first reasonable offer, simple as that.

£400-500k and releasing his wage will give us a head start over every other SPL side outside the OF to get his replacement. He's already walked away once, can't see Hibs letting it happen again.
    I could see us accepting a bid for Deeks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    £400,000 For a number of reasons I really cant see him wanting to uproot and move to somewhere like Derby! QPR??...Do me a favour!! He will want to stay, whether Yogi wants him to stay however is the issue...
    Football players would be quite happy to uproot and live in London......

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    If we got a decent fee for him wouldnt be too bothered, especially with only a year left, but £400k after scoring what, around 15 goals from midfield is a joke.

A very good point was made a while back that we all support Hibernian FC not Derek Riordan FC.

Saying that, I am one of his biggest supporters and am astounded about some of the negative guff which has been spouted over the years about Riordan on this board.

We have a talent at ER. Real natural ball hitter IMO, and I honestly cannot see how it would be a benefit to Hibernian if we let him leave again.

The money is really irrelevant here (obviously if someone was to put in a ridiculous bid then the goalposts change as everyone has a price), but we as a support are utterly fed up with our talent leaving.

For a wee change, can we build a football team and keep it, rather than dismantle it for cash?

I challenge anyone on this board who is happy for him to go, to name a player who can put the ball in the net as good and as often as Derek Riordan, who Hibernian can buy with the quoted £400,000 - £500,000 they may get for him.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think we need to find out what Deek wants first, before we go any further? If he wants more money, money we might be struggling to pay, then we should sell. If he wants to stay, on money we can afford, then get him signed up for another 2-3 years.

If he does not want to sign, and is happy to run his contract down, we cant do anything about that. Personally and i have no evidence of this, i feel he wants to stay. I hope he wants to stay, and i hope he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    A very good point was made a while back that we all support Hibernian FC not Derek Riordan FC.

Saying that, I am one of his biggest supporters and am astounded about some of the negative guff which has been spouted over the years about Riordan on this board.

We have a talent at ER. Real natural ball hitter IMO, and I honestly cannot see how it would be a benefit to Hibernian if we let him leave again.

The money is really irrelevant here (obviously if someone was to put in a ridiculous bid then the goalposts change as everyone has a price), but we as a support are utterly fed up with our talent leaving.

For a wee change, can we build a football team and keep it, rather than dismantle it for cash?

I challenge anyone on this board who is happy for him to go, to name a player who can put the ball in the net as good and as often as Derek Riordan, who Hibernian can buy with the quoted £400,000 - £500,000 they may get for him.
    Stokes Btw im desperate for Deeks to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Football players would be quite happy to uproot and live in London......
    Some would. from what I know of Derek-which isnt a massive amount-I really dont get the impression that he would.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Big Frank;2471341]A very good point was made a while back that we all support Hibernian FC not Derek Riordan FC.

I challenge anyone on this board who is happy for him to go, to name a player who can put the ball in the net as good and as often as Derek Riordan, who Hibernian can buy with the quoted £400,000 - £500,000 they may get for him.[/QUOTE]

We could rent Messi for two or three games? I hope Deeks stays though!

Yogi is away on holiday - aye he will have his phone switched on but I would ignore any rumours for at least the next fortnight

We should do everything we can to get him to sign a new contract this summer. He would be a massive loss if he left.

However, if he hasn't agreed a new contract with only a couple of weeks of the transfer window then we should accept a reasonable offer.

Personally I rate him at more than 400k but if he is going to leave at the end of the season anyway, it would make sense to cash in now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek

Here here

These clubs are having a laugh, as bad as the SPL is the Championship isn`t too hot either, Blackpool or Cardiff will be fighting relegation next season, hopefully along with Stoke and that other rugby league team Wigan.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    £400,000

If Fletcher is being touted in the papers at £7m then the bidding can start for Deek at £2m. If their is any truth in this then Petrie will not accept diddy money. Whether Riordan wants away or not who knows. I did hear rumours that some players were unhappy about being played out of position last season.

As far as I'm concerned Riordan is a Hibs great and we should do everything we can to hold onto him.

A *that* is all it should come down to from a footballing perspective.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    Yogi is away on holiday - aye he will have his phone switched on but I would ignore any rumours for at least the next fortnight
    Ah but is the Tache on holiday?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

If he goes, I wouldn't be surprised if £400-500k was the price. He's only got a year left with us.

I'd rather not sell him but anyone who is expecting much more than that is just setting themselves up for disappointment, in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member rubber mal's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the fee is more a reflection of the fact that he only has a year left on his contract rather than his ability.

That said, if he leaves, I'll for a week.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If he goes, I wouldn't be surprised if £400-500k was the price. He's only got a year left with us.

I'd rather not sell him but anyone who is expecting much more than that is just setting themselves up for disappointment, in my opinion.
    I was just about to post this. He's got 1 year left - £400k is probably all we could expect.

If anyone thinks we'll get £2m they're plain daft.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post

You make it sound like a crime. He didn't let us down, he worked up to the end of a contract he had with us.

If he is planning to see out his contract (or even better, sign a new one), I'd be confident of top 6 again next year, and hopeful of getting a place in Europe again.

If we flog him off, and replace him with some nonentity (because, let's face it, more often than not our signings are failures), I'd confidently expect bottom 6.

I'd prefer Riordan to sign on again. If he's not sure he wants to (and who could blame him, what with all the doubters on here), I'd want him to do us a turn again next year, his final year of contract.

So, to all those who want to cash in; why does it make more sense to sell him off, rather than keep him. Financially, top 6 and Europe is worth a lot of money (although I admit a relegation battle would also fill the coffers in the last few home games). Entertainment-wsie, why wouldn't you want someone with goals in him like Riordan has at Easter Road?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I was just about to post this. He's got 1 year left - £400k is probably all we could expect.

If anyone thinks we'll get £2m they're plain daft.
    Bamba has a year left on his contract.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Bamba has a year left on his contract.
    That's why the claims of £4m-£6m are silly as well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    I think if he has a successfull WC campaign we'd be looking at about £3-£3.5M maximum.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    I think if he has a successfull WC campaign we'd be looking at about £3-£3.5M maximum.
    With only a year on his contract I think we'd be lucky to get that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    With only a year on his contract I think we'd be lucky to get that.
    True but if you look at some of the prices players of Bamba's standard go for in England i think £3M is a realistic price. I think if it's an EPL club that goes for him i think it could be roughly about that.

I thought we might get a huge bid this time last year, but i still think we are looking at £2m-£3m now. FWIW i agree Riordan would not command anywhere near that.