hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Benji - Where will he go

Just reading through the departure thread and a lot of us seem to agree that Benji will be missed and some of us are sad to see him depart.

What clubs will note interest in him - and what clubs would you despise to see him go to?

(I don't like the thought of him scoring against us)

Thanks for the memories and the 2 CIS goals Benji
    Last edited by Riordans Boots; 17-05-2010 at 12:15 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    I'd be very surprised if he stays in Scotland. I could see him going back to North Africa, maybe to Al Ahly(finally) or a Moroccan team.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be very surprised if he stays in Scotland. I could see him going back to North Africa, maybe to Al Ahly(finally) or a Moroccan team.
    I hope so LH.

Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    Just reading through the departure thread and a lot of us seem to agree that Benji will be missed and some of us are sad to see him depart.

What clubs will note interest in him - and what clubs would you despise to see him go to?

(I don't like the thought of him scoring against us)
    Can't see him staying in Scotland although saying that I'm somewhat surprised that Mark Magoo hasn't announced that Aberdeen are interested in him.

Best of luck Benji.

Real Madrid?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I think that he has a decent enough profile in Belguim to pick up a club there. I really wish him all the best, but I very much doubt that he will turn into the superstar that got away from us.

I would echo the above comments, I don't see any way that he'll stay in Scotland.

I would think he'll end up in the Middle East somewhere or back in Morocco or some other North African country.

I'm not particularly bothered by his departure. A fully fit and fully motivated Benjelloun would be worth keeping as he would score goals in the SPL. However, it has been very clear to me that that Benji hasn't been seen in a Hibs shirt for about three years. It was best for both parties to go our separate ways, in my opinion.

I will always remember his two goals which helped to give me the best day of my life. For that alone, I will be forever grateful to him and I wish him well in his future career.

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar
    What is with this Benji love-in. He was garbage! He literally had one good game in 4 years and for that he is forever remembered. I couldn't care less where he ends up TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by broonie27 View Post
    What is with this Benji love-in. He was garbage! He literally had one good game in 4 years and for that he is forever remembered. I couldn't care less where he ends up TBH.
    Baws, what about when he came on and scored the winner against the tramps ?, we NEVER lost a game that Benji scored in.

Looks like he's found a new team already, check out the first photo!

http://theapprentice.tellymix.co.uk/candidates

If you were Hearts wouldn't you have a look at him? I really hope he doesn't go there but it would offer him some advantages
    1/ Still in Edinburgh
    2/ Still has Zemmama as a wee pal
    3/ NO competition

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Baws, what about when he came on and scored the winner against the tramps ?, we NEVER lost a game that Benji scored in.
    22 goals in 5 years for 3 different clubs is that the return you want from one of your strikers.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Doncaster with his old pal Deano

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    22 goals in 5 years for 3 different clubs is that the return you want from one of your strikers.

how many 90 minute games was he given in that time??

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs On Tour View Post
    Real Madrid?
    Just wondering if you concentrate on posting the most banal of comments about things which can only be appreciated by those that cannot move forward from one thing to others!

Or do you just think that you are a born comedian who will light everyone up with "razer wit" like this one?

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broonie27 View Post
    EIther you don't go to many games or you are well ovedue a visit to Specsavers to get your spectacle prescription brought up to date!

Benji was one of the few players at Hibs over the last few years who had seriously good close control of the football! He was also able to deceive opponents by clever body movements at pace giving him the ability to creat space in close situations for himself and with an ability to strike with both feet equally well, he could score from all areas of the central final third IMO!

Problem was, the laddie had some personal issues to deal with in a foreign country and the club would appear not to have helped him deal with these "off the field" issues which could easily have created difficulties for him when playing. Consequently, his playing time was reduced as a result meaning that the skills any reasonable person who had watched him play for more than a few minutes knew he had were rarely seen!

Good luck Benji! You will prove all the doubters wrong if you get proper support (on and off the field) from your next club!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    You do realise no one here is advocating that he stays, people are simply wishing him well and thanking him for the goals he did score and the memories we have of them.

The hearts game, the 4-1 defeat of aberdeen in the cup, and the CIS final.

Its a shame that we cant say thanks to a guy for the good times without someone coming along and proclaiming how pish he was and he should never be seen here again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Obviously Real Madrid!

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    How many starts was he given? How many of those starts was as an out and out striker? Getting chucked on in a panic with 15 mins left in games as a 5th striker is hardly ideal. He's shown-admittedly not often enough-that he has natural talent and can take a man on and provide a bit spark. Put it this way, I would take him over Nish every single day of the week and if we take away that bizzare last wk of the season where Nish basically doubled his goal tally for the entire season then I think ul find that Benji scored more goals per minute on the pitch than Nish. This is not me trying to be anti Nish in any way I jst think that if were only going to be paying one of their wages next season, it would make far more sense to sell Nish for a fee than give Benji away for nothing! He is an extremely frustrating player but I like him, I just cant help it. Would be worth a new one yr deal imo. Get a decent pre season under him, which he never lst season and see what he can do. Another poor season=get rid. There is also no guarantee that Stokes and/or Deeks will be here nxt yr!

Honestly don't give a flying where he goes, lived of that cup win for too long and was ready to show us 2 fingers when things didn't go his way, won't be missed by me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    EIther you don't go to many games or you are well ovedue a visit to Specsavers to get your spectacle prescription brought up to date!

Benji was one of the few players at Hibs over the last few years who had seriously good close control of the football! He was also able to deceive opponents by clever body movements at pace giving him the ability to creat space in close situations for himself and with an ability to strike with both feet equally well, he could score from all areas of the central final third IMO!

Problem was, the laddie had some personal issues to deal with in a foreign country and the club would appear not to have helped him deal with these "off the field" issues which could easily have created difficulties for him when playing. Consequently, his playing time was reduced as a result meaning that the skills any reasonable person who had watched him play for more than a few minutes knew he had were rarely seen!

Good luck Benji! You will prove all the doubters wrong if you get proper support (on and off the field) from your next club!

You not getting him mixed up with Zouma here, can't recall Benji having problems abroad, IIRC he fell oot with Mixu and chucked his rattle oot the pram and was then farmed off to Belgium to get him oot the way.
    Last edited by J-C; 17-05-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    You not getting him mixed up with Zouma here, can't recall Benji having problems abroad, IIRC he fell oot with Mixu and chucked his rattle oot the pram and was then farmed off to Belgiumto get him oot the way.
    Zouma was given plenty of support!! Think he's referring to Benji's dad dying and him splitting up with his long term partner/wife?

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Zouma was given plenty of support!! Think he's referring to Benji's dad dying and him splitting up with his long term partner/wife?
    Why not say that then.

15 full matches in 4 years.

We can't afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    15 full matches in 4 years.

We can't afford that.
    Ur probably right...but can we really afford 'a goalkeeping school' including 2 goalkeepers who struggle to kick or catch! Would far rather we punted Stack and/or Smith and kept the wage for Benji. Would probably rather Benji went in goals.

First Team Breakthrough If Only's Avatar
    Honestly don't give a flying where he goes, lived of that cup win for too long and was ready to show us 2 fingers when things didn't go his way, won't be missed by me anyway.

Hear Hear man was a waste of space IMO

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    But your posting in and reading a thread about where is he going, so you must care, really if you dont care why would you even bother entering the thread and posting in it?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    When he was on form, he was a very good player for us. Although we have to ask why he's only played such a small amount of games?

Benji`s biggest problem was Benji, he flattered to decieve and thought he was much better than he actually was, a decent manager could maybe extract a more consistent attitude and performance from him, Hibs gave him lots of chances, he let Hibs and himself down in that respect, he`s not a bad guy though, just deluded, good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Obviously Real Madrid!