hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Observations on our new stand...

-They aint half putting the hours in!! There at about 6.30am this morning and still guys kicking around when I looked out my window at 7pm!

-The stand is really deceiving looking at the moment, looks at first glance as if it is nowhere near as high as the other 3, due to the fact its being built above pitch level still.

-Despite having no grass on it the pitch is looking better than it ever did last season.

-Its going up extremely quickly

-The green of the metal is far darker than the other 3 stands Can't quite understand this.

-It is looking **** HOT!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Maybe there'll be a paint job on the other green metalwork on the other stands?

I think I'm more excited about this than the West, probably because it'll complete the stadium.

:

First Team Regular steviecarnie's Avatar
    stop looking out your window and help them, with your help be done tomorrow

Was there a final word about what they're doing about the corners? Are they blocking them in?

First Team Breakthrough Long suffering's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -They aint half putting the hours in!! There at about 6.30am this morning and still guys kicking around when I looked out my window at 7pm!

-The stand is really deceiving looking at the moment, looks at first glance as if it is nowhere near as high as the other 3, due to the fact its being built above pitch level still.

-Despite having no grass on it the pitch is looking better than it ever did last season.

-The green of the metal is far darker than the other 3 stands Can't quite understand this.

I agree it does look smaller but what do you mean its being built above pitch level still?

The steel work/foundations are above pitch level. Which means the uprights are shorter, giving the impression that it is lower than the other three

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    The steel work/foundations are above pitch level. Which means the uprights are shorter, giving the impression that it is lower than the other three
    when the roof goes on ,it will be the same no

It has been mentioned about the goals being re positioned to accommodate the wider pitch, how will the corners look at either end where the F/F meets the new East and the South Stand meets the new East.

Will the gaps be wider then the opposite corners at the West stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Long suffering View Post
    I agree it does look smaller but what do you mean its being built above pitch level still?
    Well although its a one tier stand, there is to be the small section down the front, then the walkway, then the main section. Its only the main section that has been started and its way above pitch level to allow the front section to be put in place later. Sorry if that makes absolutely no sense, prob hard to picture when uv not seen it. I parked my car when I got home from work earlier and the big green gates between west and south were open so I chanced my luck and wandered in. The guys let me have a good look around. Got some cracking photos but cant find my lead for my phone to upload them on here Will try and get them up asap.

First Team Regular steviecarnie's Avatar
    Well although its a one tier stand, there is to be the small section down the front, then the walkway, then the main section. Its only the main section that has been started and its way above pitch level to allow the front section to be put in place later. Sorry if that makes absolutely no sense, prob hard to picture when uv not seen it. I parked my car when I got home from work earlier and the big green gates between west and south were open so I chanced my luck and wandered in. The guys let me have a good look around. Got some cracking photos but cant find my lead for my phone to upload them on here Will try and get them up asap.
    upload them to facebook soft lad and ill copy and paste them over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Maybe there'll be a paint job on the other green metalwork on the other stands?

I think I'm more excited about this than the West, probably because it'll complete the stadium.

:
    Hmm possibly. Its a far nicer colour. Would be a lot of painting tho. All the uprights, doors, gates etc.

Quote Originally Posted by steviecarnie View Post
    upload them to facebook soft lad and ill copy and paste them over here.
    Shall do pal. And as for ur previous post, dont think I would be much help to the workies at the moment with this ankle!!!lol

Hmm possibly. Its a far nicer colour.

So its the pre-cast concrete and steel frame that are being built at present, the front 3 or 4 rows are bearing directly onto the ground/earth and not on the steelwork, they will be placed after the main pre-cast/steelwork is in to ensure they are alligned properly with the rest of the stand.

First Team Breakthrough sauzee1966's Avatar

Paint

as for the colour...is it not a case that the other stands have been there a wee while and maybe a little sun bleeched?

Its like anything...kinda loses some colour after a while

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    So its the pre-cast concrete and steel frame that are being built at present, the front 3 or 4 rows are bearing directly onto the ground/earth and not on the steelwork, they will be placed after the main pre-cast/steelwork is in to ensure they are alligned properly with the rest of the stand.
    The front 4 rows are going in at the same time as the concrete
    sections on the steels.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    when the roof goes on ,it will be the same no
    Yeah absolutely, just without the roof and because the foundations are 5 feet above ground level it creates an optical illusion that it will be smaller

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1966 View Post
    as for the colour...is it not a case that the other stands have been there a wee while and maybe a little sun bleeched?

Its like anything...kinda loses some colour after a while
    Thats what I would guess.

Give the stand a couple of years and the colour will be the same as the other 3 stands.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    Thats what I would guess.

Give the stand a couple of years and the colour will be the same as the other 3 stands.
    As long as it's no pink I couldnae care less TBH

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    RE: Paint

The darker green is by far a better colour. the other 3 stands have not long been painted again though ( within the last year), so they are not faded.

not sure if they will paint the rest of the exterior steelwork to match this new green now, but does seem strange/stupid that there was even a colour mix up with the other stands having recently been painted.

either way the stadium will still look the dogs nuts!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post

The darker green is by far a better colour. the other 3 stands have not long been painted again though ( within the last year), so they are not faded.

not sure if they will paint the rest of the exterior steelwork to match this new green now, but does seem strange/stupid that there was even a colour mix up with the other stands having recently been painted.

That darker green used to be our colour, if my mind is not playing tricks with me? It is a better shade of green in my opinion, something we should be going back to.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    The other stands were given a fresh coat of paint and serviced last year, nothing to do with the sun

The new steel will be painted to match the colour of the other stands

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    The new steel will be painted to match the colour of the other stands
    dont know why they dont have a painter on site now to paint them before they are constructed, would save a whole lot of hassle to do it on the deck rather than arsing around with cherry pickers etc.

when the main stand was built it was only the internal steelwork and the small beams between the tier that needed painted, it all came pre-primed/undercoated and needed only a top coat of gloss to finish.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    dont know why they dont have a painter on site now to paint them before they are constructed, would save a whole lot of hassle to do it on the deck rather than arsing around with cherry pickers etc.

when the main stand was built it was only the internal steelwork and the small beams between the tier that needed painted, it all came pre-primed/undercoated and needed only a top coat of gloss to finish.
    Simples.

Rod's heard that B&Q are doing a 2 for 1 paint promotion towards the end of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Simples.

Rod's heard that B&Q are doing a 2 for 1 paint promotion towards the end of July.

Yes, only on the wee test pots you try out on your wall, though, so it's going to be a long drawn out job!

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

Mutt's Nuts...Dug's Baws.....

You are right tho, it will look fantastic..

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    As long as it's no pink I couldnae care less TBH
    what about mint green?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Simples.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    I was up Arthur seat today walking the dog.

Got a good view up there, looks impressive.

They are certainly not hanging about either!