hibs.net Messageboard

Scotsman (Hibs): New stadium rapidly taking shape............

HIBS today revealed work on their new East Stand is "bang on schedule" with the landscape at Easter Road changing on a daily basis.

More...

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought this was worth moving out of the News Forum. Looks like we're running to schedule.

And there's mention of the Singing Section too.

They are making great progress.

Any news on how the plums new space age 400,000 seater mega stand is coming along?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    On reading this it appears that the pitch won't be moved to the West, only the track on that side will be widened and the goals won't be in the middle of the FF and South? Surely gonna look a bit daft?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On reading this it appears that the pitch won't be moved to the West, only the track on that side will be widened and the goals won't be in the middle of the FF and South? Surely gonna look a bit daft?

will it not put them in line with the camera area at the back of the FF and south?

it will be a bit off centre but if hibs want to host internationals or semi finals then its a small sacrifice to make

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whip View Post

Any news on how the plums new space age 400,000 seater mega stand is coming along?

The Council planners haven't finished unpacking all those cardboard boxes yet...

nae luck if you have just renewed yir ST to behind the goals,you will now be sitting 4 metres away to the left or right.

First Team Breakthrough sauzee1966's Avatar

Imperial Vladamir Romanov Media Bullitin from Imperial TASS official News Agency:I would like to announce to all the Great Hearts Fan People and Believers that the Planned New Stand will be complete soon.

I have agreed with my financial allies and they have agreed to divert funds to the project and allow The Structure to be built.
    I have also come to great important deal with Lada to have all old cars sent over in special container in submarine to be used in building of stand.
    To help this costs I have agreed to sell assets in Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, USA, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia. This will allow the diverting of money to special fund.
    Some assets are very very important big and special Alumina Mills whick we own . Other assets will have to be recovered from special investments and areas.

We have also sent new planning application by large truck to Edinburgh council as we now have the truck free after taking Mr Nade to the Airport.

On another point. As Chairman and owner i will always support this club and it is so close to my heart just like an assassins bullet. You must believe what i say and understand ...if not please read previous sentence.

Your very rich owner

Vlad xx

I need to go now and close steel shutters on windows as safety measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    nae luck if you have just renewed yir ST to behind the goals,you will now be sitting 4 metres away to the left or right.

Good news about the pitch as well as the stand. Looking forward to seeing it.

Was surprised when I read this...

"It is understood Hibs have asked the SPL that at least their first home match of next season be played away from home but a similar request as the West Stand neared completion resulted in a visit from Kilmarnock on the opening day."

Utter stupidity from the SFA/SPL/whoever if true. Surely it can't be that difficult to reschedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    Good news about the pitch as well as the stand. Looking forward to seeing it.

Was surprised when I read this...

"It is understood Hibs have asked the SPL that at least their first home match of next season be played away from home but a similar request as the West Stand neared completion resulted in a visit from Kilmarnock on the opening day."

Utter stupidity from the SFA/SPL/whoever if true. Surely it can't be that difficult to reschedule?
    Anything that casuses the SFA to think they shoot down. Ofcourse if Ibrox and Celtic Park where having work done they would get a few weeks off and get to play wherever and whenver they wished.

Blog Entries
    surprised that they went to all that effort to report an no picture

Any more recent ones around anywhere?

First Team Breakthrough An Leargaidh's Avatar

Talking TASS bulletin

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1966 View Post
    Imperial Vladamir Romanov Media Bullitin from Imperial TASS official News Agency:I would like to announce to all the Great Hearts Fan People and Believers that the Planned New Stand will be complete soon.

I have agreed with my financial allies and they have agreed to divert funds to the project and allow The Structure to be built.
    I have also come to great important deal with Lada to have all old cars sent over in special container in submarine to be used in building of stand.
    To help this costs I have agreed to sell assets in Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, USA, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia. This will allow the diverting of money to special fund.
    Some assets are very very important big and special Alumina Mills whick we own . Other assets will have to be recovered from special investments and areas.

We have also sent new planning application by large truck to Edinburgh council as we now have the truck free after taking Mr Nade to the Airport.

On another point. As Chairman and owner i will always support this club and it is so close to my heart just like an assassins bullet. You must believe what i say and understand ...if not please read previous sentence.

Your very rich owner

Vlad xx

superb, superb!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    surprised that they went to all that effort to report an no picture

Any more recent ones around anywhere?

There are some excellent pics from Disc O'Dave on the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post
    Anything that casuses the SFA to think they shoot down. Ofcourse if Ibrox and Celtic Park where having work done they would get a few weeks off and get to play wherever and whenver they wished.
    This seems unreasonable even by the SFA standards. Must be a massive hassle to Hibs and mean re-issuing tickets to season ticket holders etc. I'll be raging if they do that again.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    This seems unreasonable even by the SFA standards. Must be a massive hassle to Hibs and mean re-issuing tickets to season ticket holders etc. I'll be raging if they do that again.

It would have helped us if we'd played at Rugby Park - I think our next two games were away from home - and we could have had a proper opening of the new stand at our first home game of the new season.

I don't know whether Killie opposed the move, but I suspect the SPL were just being difficult.

So the supporters / signing section is 1000 seats and is the back 3 blocks of the stand towards the South ?

I'm sure Hibs will get more than 1000 people interested in this

Sounds good

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post

Like a whole season at Hampden maybe? What would be the problem if the fixtures come out and we just ask the team that we are due to play, if we can't just swap the corresponding fixture in the second run of games? Seems to me that all teams would actually want to play their opening game at home in front of their fans.

@hibs.net private member therealgavmac's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee1966 View Post

Your very rich owner

Vlad xx

Take a bow!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whip View Post

Sorry, what's this about a new stand at Tynecastle? I drove past it the other day and didn't see any demolition / building?

I feel humble when I read about things like 30,000 + metres of pipeline under the pitch as it makes me realise there is a lot of unseen investment in the club which makes us one of the best equipped clubs in the country. Pity it doesn't make me think twice about complaining about the lack of a defence and other things, but that's human nature; taking things for granted.