hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Rankin

Rankin

just back from the game and caught Rankins right boot that was thrown

into the crowd at the end of the game. Im sure he took it of his left foot!

Joking apart i thought he was superb today and has been one of our best players

since the split.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Rankin epitomises the effort you want in a player wearing the Hibs jersey every week. Maybe not the most technically gifted player in our squad but one of the hardest working that is for sure.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    If Rankin could improve a bit technically and get some consistancy he could be a good player for us, and has had a good run of games recently.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Re: Rankin

Yip, he had a great game today. If only our more talented players put in the effort that rankin and nish do

He'll have Tevez in his back pocket come September

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    To me, he was our MoM. Great hard working display with sme excellent passing. He set the standard for the rest and it was great to see everyone working hard.

Okay it was a weakened Utd but a good end to ther season.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just back from the game and caught Rankins right boot that was thrown

into the crowd at the end of the game. Im sure he took it of his left foot!

Joking apart i thought he was superb today and has been one of our best players

since the split.

I wouldn't say I'm a Rankin fan but I'm certainly a Rankin sympathiser.

When he's on form his industry is worth a great deal to the team. He has his bad games but - on such occasions - I rarely feel he is alone there. I don't agree with the way that he is always first port of call for the 'find a scapegoat' brigade.

I would say he's technically ok - decent left foot and passable right foot, passing and shooting promises more than it sometimes delivers.

He's also had a good number of assists this season as well - most memorably at Parkhead when he passed to Stokes on the edge of his own box and ran the length of the pitch to set up Galbraith. He never got the credit he deserved for that - if Scott Brown did that we'd have been raving about it.

If he has a real flaw, IMO it's that sometimes he could play with a bit more poise and awareness in his all-round game (passing, movement, tackling, marking, shooting). If we could take Rankin's strengths and put them into Miller - or vice versa - we'd have some player.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinger View Post

I wouldn't say I'm a Rankin fan but I'm certainly a Rankin sympathiser.

When he's on form his industry is worth a great deal to the team. He has his bad games but - on such occasions - I rarely feel he is alone there. I don't agree with the way that he is always first port of call for the 'find a scapegoat' brigade.

I would say he's technically ok - decent left foot and passable right foot, passing and shooting promises more than it sometimes delivers.

He's also had a good number of assists this season as well - most memorably at Parkhead when he passed to Stokes on the edge of his own box and ran the length of the pitch to set up Galbraith. He never got the credit he deserved for that - if Scott Brown did that we'd have been raving about it.

If he has a real flaw, IMO it's that sometimes he could play with a bit more poise and awareness in his all-round game (passing, movement, tackling, marking, shooting). If we could take Rankin's strengths and put them into Miller - or vice versa - we'd have some player.
    "I wouldn't say I'm a Rankin fan but I'm certainly a Rankin sympathiser"

Kind of where I am.

IMO, his main 'fault' is that he deserts his post and goes runabout. I don't have a problem with that as long as another player (ahem, preferably one of ours) slips into the gap he leaves vacant.

Oh, and John, squigglers should be treated as a one-of fluke.

I also saw John Rankin hanging out the window of the changing rooms after the game spraying a bottle of juice onto the Hibs fans standing and celebrating on Tannadice Street!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by john18722 View Post
    I also saw John Rankin hanging out the window of the changing rooms after the game spraying a bottle of juice onto the Hibs fans standing and celebrating on Tannadice Street!

Loved that!

Incidentally, Rankin hit the post today.

His tackling is his main problem, he can shoot occasionally as well as spread a pass, so in essense he's a good squad player to have.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post

Loved that!

Incidentally, Rankin hit the post today.
    Did he hurt himself?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby 2005 View Post
    His tackling is his main problem, he can shoot occasionally as well as spread a pass, so in essense he's a good squad player to have.
    I assume you are not meaning his tackling today ? Brilliant performance today well done John take a bow lad also big Bamba making a difference to the defence again take a bow Sol and now go and win the World Cup

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I think Rankin is a good player and does not deserve the abuse he gets from all of us. He plays with the badge on his sleeve and gives it his all out there.

Deserves a special mention today as he covered every blade of grass.

He's nowhere near as bad as many make out.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    See, I told you he would come good Still more to come from JR, he will be a key player for us next season IMO