hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

To all the people...(merged)

Who laughed and kept saying things like ''4th???? no chance? what a laugh, i cant believe stupid fans STILL think we can finish 4th, the seasons done!'' etc
    GET IT UP YOU!
    Sorry but when a team goes through a terrible period the club need all the support they can get to turn it around. Some of the things thats been posted on this Messageboard have been nothing short of embarrassing.
    Has the last 3 odd months been bad following Hibs? Course it has, we've failed time and time again in matches. The last 3 games however, has proved that we CAN play football, and that we CAN achieve success!
    Weve now finished the season, and we're in 4th spot, two places higher than our local rivals, and we'll be playing European football next season. Its as simple as that, THAT IS a successful season for us, its the goal at the start of every season, to finish above the jambos and to get into Europe, mission accomplished!
    Its our best finish in 5 years, and reguardless of that you read about how people want to cancel season tickets, call John Hughes a this that and the other, its cringworthy stuff!
    Well done John Hughes on your first ELEVEN months in the job, i look forward to next season when you get rid of a few and bring a few new boys in, along the like of Stokes and Miller.
    Once again C'MON John Hughes! I for one still believe in your vision for the club!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Aye ..yer aw bad ...thats ye telt ok ..

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    ma humble apologies to you sir.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who laughed and kept saying things like ''4th???? no chance? what a laugh, i cant believe stupid fans STILL think we can finish 4th, the seasons done!'' etc
    GET IT UP YOU!
    Sorry but when a team goes through a terrible period the club need all the support they can get to turn it around. Some of the things thats been posted on this Messageboard have been nothing short of embarrassing.
    Has the last 3 odd months been bad following Hibs? Course it has, we've failed time and time again in matches. The last 3 games however, has proved that we CAN play football, and that we CAN achieve success!
    Weve now finished the season, and we're in 4th spot, two places higher than our local rivals, and we'll be playing European football next season. Its as simple as that, THAT IS a successful season for us, its the goal at the start of every season, to finish above the jambos and to get into Europe, mission accomplished!
    Its our best finish in 5 years, and reguardless of that you read about how people want to cancel season tickets, call John Hughes a this that and the other, its cringworthy stuff!
    Well done John Hughes on your first ELEVEN months in the job, i look forward to next season when you get rid of a few and bring a few new boys in, along the like of Stokes and Miller.
    Once again C'MON John Hughes! I for one still believe in your vision for the club!
    Put the medication away FFS

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    GET IT UP YOU!
    I'm over the moon that we won today, and delighted to be in Europe at last. If 4th place had been offered at the season start I'd have taken it.

You can see though why people were upset. 3 wins in our last 18 games (I think?) is abysmal form. If Motherwell had finished above us we'd be pretty annoyed.

However, we've finished 4th, have a new stand coming and European football to look forward to. Gotta take the positives in that :notworthy:

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    I'm over the moon that we won today, and delighted to be in Europe at last. If 4th place had been offered at the season start I'd have taken it.

You can see though why people were upset. 3 wins in our last 18 games (I think?) is abysmal form. If Motherwell had finished above us we'd be pretty annoyed.

However, we've finished 4th, have a new stand coming and European football to look forward to. Gotta take the positives in that :notworthy:

First Team Breakthrough Whos-the-poster's Avatar
    GET IT UP YOU!
    Well said son

Gamer IDs

I didnt really want this thread to be a total get it right up ye thread, but c'mon, has it been a success or have we failed?
    If someone had offered us 4th place at the start of the season we would have taken it, as i said its our highest place finish in 5 years!
    Yet when going into this game today knowing we still had a chance of 4th, people had turned on the team. Moaning at this that and everything, and focusing on all the negatives. I honestly believe that there was some fans who wanted Motherwell to finish 4th instead of us by some stuff i was reading!
    The club need our support through-out the WHOLE season, not just when we're doing well!

I'm not going to gloat (he says gloatingly) as I realise loads will still be wanting Yogi out however had the mob got their wish and we'd punted yogi after the Well game or at some point he lost a large percentage of the fans (on here at least) we may not have had the stability to get over the line as we have just now. Certainly if we punted him on Wednesday night.

In Yogi I turst

I didnt really want this thread to be a total get it right up ye thread
    Then perhaps putting "GET IT UP YOU" in capital letters wasn't a good start if thats not the way you wanted it to go!

Can we not just be happy we won and in Europe and the season over instead of trying to wind each other up by adopting holier than thou attitudes towards each other

well done to the hibs team & staff for getting 4th place and qualifying for europe GGTTH
    Last edited by BullbreedHFC; 09-05-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: being bad :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Then perhaps putting "GET IT UP YOU" in capital letters wasn't a good start if thats not the way you wanted it to go!

Can we not just be happy we won and in Europe and the season over instead of trying to wind each other up by adopting holier than thou attitudes towards each other
    I agree but it is very tempting having endured so much of the complete pish and negative anger written on here over the past 2 months.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

IMO, that's worse than slagging the team when they play consistently bad. No need really.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    I agree but it is very tempting having endured so much of the complete pish and negative anger written on here over the past 2 months.
    It's called having another point of view.
    In the end we all want Hibs to do well and grow as a club we don't all have to agree on how we get there though.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    cant be coming on having a go on a day like this, we're in Europe we finished fourth. we have had a Succesful campaign, allbeit a slip in form (or should that be jump from top of a building)

who cares if they said it wouldnt happen let them eat thier words, but more importantly let every hibee be happy and celebrate getting into Europe and get behind the team AND MANAGER for next season

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hibernian Football Club

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    GET IT UP YOU!
    aw aren't you cute

@hibs.net private member
    I'd prefer to concentrate on the fans who made the journey to Dundee for the game. Commenator described it as a sizeable travelling support. Well done guys! Glad you were rewarded wi' a win.

Fine, write it, read it back to yourself, feel a bit smug, then delete it and join in with the celebrations that we got there in the end in true Hibs fashion, making it as hard for ourselves as possible

There where a lot of angry people venting their frustration here last week, thats the nature of the beast, but lots of us did that without the use of abusive language towards Hughs or the team.

There is even less reason to come on here and be insulting or patronising to fellow Hibbys, today is our day to enjoy, as one!

Think that ultimately there's a fair number of fans that seem to take some perverse pleasure in hibs doing badly. And letting everyone know about it.

These are the same people that prob won't be posting on here for a while, until the next dip.

Quote Originally Posted by erskine-hibby View Post
    It's called having another point of view.
    In the end we all want Hibs to do well and grow as a club we don't all have to agree on how we get there though.
    My view on the view that we'd be cast away at the bottom of the table by next christmas was that it was pish

Gamer IDs

I'll admit it, i couldnt resist!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Think that ultimately there's a fair number of fans that seem to take some perverse pleasure in hibs doing badly. And letting everyone know about it.

These are the same people that prob won't be posting on here for a while, until the next dip.

Fine, write it, read it back to yourself, feel a bit smug, then delete it and join in with the celebrations that we got there in the end in true Hibs fashion, making it as hard for ourselves as possible
    I'm not sure if the shoe was on the other foot everyone would be the same. I'm not quite sure how that'd work though to be fair

It's happy banter from my point of view to enjoy in a small portion with the rest of the celebrations which should be large and merry

Relieved and happy hibbie.

I'm not sure if the shoe was on the other foot everyone would be the same. I'm not quite sure how that'd work though to be fair

It's happy banter from my point of view to enjoy in a small portion with the rest of the celebrations which should be large and merry

Relieved and happy hibbie.
    Better believe i am ...

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    That's what I did

Goan yersel HH1875 and GIRUY ya bunch of negative phannies. You know who you are :-)

Yeah, on a rare happy day for Hibs fans this year let's take try and divide them with a stupid post to antagonise the more pessimistic half. Go you.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I was just gobsmacked the amount of Hibs fans saying we had NO CHANCE of getting 4th after the 6-6 game, Course we had a ***** chance.

Well done John Hughes and the team for an excellent away victory.

Its sweet, very sweet.
    Last edited by MSK; 09-05-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Swear filter

I didnt really want this thread to be a total get it right up ye thread, but c'mon, has it been a success or have we failed?
    If someone had offered us 4th place at the start of the season we would have taken it, as i said its our highest place finish in 5 years!
    Yet when going into this game today knowing we still had a chance of 4th, people had turned on the team. Moaning at this that and everything, and focusing on all the negatives. I honestly believe that there was some fans who wanted Motherwell to finish 4th instead of us by some stuff i was reading!
    The club need our support through-out the WHOLE season, not just when we're doing well!

@hibs.net private member
    I'm aware that people were frustrated and that there was ample cause for concern - but I can't help joining the OP in delivering a cheeky wee GIRFUY to all those who boldly predicted Hibs would lose all their last 5 fixtures and finish 6th.

I predicted that Hibs would need 4 points to finish 4th and would get them - and that's exactly what happened - so excuse me while I imerse myself in a barrel of smugness.

All in the best possible taste of course