hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Do you still want yogi?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

140 48.11%
  • NO

151 51.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar

Are You Still Behind Yogi

Simple Question.
    Do you still want yogi as hibs manager?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    100%.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Yep 100%. We will improve.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing as last night was our worst collapse since 1889, the only way is up from here.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: M8UDB
    Ragin after last night but i would still like to give him until x-mas at least, see what he can do this time in the transfer window - hope i dont live to regret saying that though!!

NO

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    If we get 4th then yes, which is a big ask for him going by recent results.

Its in our hands though, tough game but we need the belief we can do it.

If we dont get 4th, it seems like from around January (and the transfer window), when we were in a really good position, its been little more than bad decision after bad decision which really isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by M8UDB View Post
    Ragin after last night but i would still like to give him until x-mas at least, see what he can do this time in the transfer window - hope i dont live to regret saying that though!!
    When we will be solidly in the teeth of a relegation battle with 8,000 there every week.

@hibs.net private member
    100%. Yesterday just proves to me that the players (well the defence; hogg, thicot, smith) aren't up to the job. I feel sorry for Stokes, Deek, Nish, Miller, Spoony who were all outstanding last night to be let down by that disgrace of a defence.

Yogi will get it right! Sort out the defence and we'll be a decent side.

And to the people who say he had the chance to bring players in, in January, I say to them tell me one side who improved their team in january. Whats the point in making mediocre signings to replace mediocre players.

We can still finish 4th and providing nothing sinister happens wi Walter and Archi we will. Granted we should have been in Europe long before now but the players arent good enough apart from a core group and that is what has ultimately let us down not the manager.

@hibs.net private member
    His laughing at the end of last night's game was out of order and I dont want to see that again from a Hibs manager whose team has just collapsed. However willing to give him time. Am fed up with a new manager every year and I dont see how a club can progress like that. Give him the next transfer window and next season to improve on league position and improve defence, fitness and instill a winning mentality. If not obvious by mid season then he should get his jotters.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: M8UDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    When we will be solidly in the teeth of a relegation battle with 8,000 there every week.
    Hopefully not but my theory is it takes longer than a season to build a good team. Ill wait and see his signings in the summer and then see what i think

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    In the heat of the moment last night i was a wee bit livid with Hughes, said some harsh and rash stuff, More down to blowing a 4 goal lead than anything, but i am 100% behind JH to get it right in the summer transfer window and fill the adequate positions that need rectified.And instill a winning mentality and get the confidence built into there mindset.

There's 3 or 4 players IMO that need to be moved on in the summer and replaced with better players, If things are still not right by October then punt him, But in the meantime he will have my backing.

Coaching Staff
    Yep, I am as disappointed as anyone but disagree about the target of the abuse.

There's a few things needd addressed but they need addressed by the manager.

I'm wondering what other manager will make Hanlon defend high long balls better at his age? What manager will ensure none of our keepers make any errors? Ensure our better players aren't injured for big chunks of the season?

I thik the manager knows where we need to fix things and he will. Looking at 12 week periods isn't that helpful. There was a 12 week period earlier where we didn't lose, which one do you pick?

I don't beleive just because it's the end of the season that it is a tredn for the way the club is going, it's a reflection of where we are right now having had young players playing all season, players that haven't played full seasons for years if ever and having had key players injured or suspended.

It's about not having the right type of players in certain areas or the right presence for certain games.

Hughes know all these things and if we are here next year again then it's right to think about things then.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    How exactly have you reached us in that situation??

No.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yep, I am as disappointed as anyone but disagree about the target of the abuse.

There's a few things needd addressed but they need addressed by the manager.

I'm wondering what other manager will make Hanlon defend high long balls better at his age? What manager will ensure none of our keepers make any errors? Ensure our better players aren't injured for big chunks of the season?

I thik the manager knows where we need to fix things and he will. Looking at 12 week periods isn't that helpful. There was a 12 week period earlier where we didn't lose, which one do you pick?

I don't beleive just because it's the end of the season that it is a tredn for the way the club is going, it's a reflection of where we are right now having had young players playing all season, players that haven't played full seasons for years if ever and having had key players injured or suspended.

It's about not having the right type of players in certain areas or the right presence for certain games.

Hughes know all these things and if we are here next year again then it's right to think about things then.

Its hard at times like these to keep a bit of perspective but I couldn't of put it much better myself.

Hughes will sort out our problems in the summer if he gets given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    He said exactly the same thing at Falkirk in the face of overwhelming criticism by the fans so I wouldn't expect anything different.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    It has always seemed to me that internet sites are not going to be all that representative. It tends to be people who want to react to anything and everything and I've always found that actually talking to other Hibs fans you get a far more pragmatic approach overall.

You also tend to find that after bad results or times you know a lot of stuff is going to be written people who have something negative to say flood on whilst others will try and stay away and ignore it!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    100% Yogi will turn things round.:notworthy:

Stoap it ffs!

I'l answer this question in a couple of weeks when I've calmed down. No way I can give a level-headed answer after coming off the back of 2 capitulations in 5 days.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I get the impression that some hibs fans WANT him to fail as opposed to WANTING him to succeed.

Why should it improve ?, he has already stated this week that he does not need many additions in the summer so he is presumably going to work a miracle over the summer with players he has had a year to work on already, the more he says the more it does not add up, Hogg as captain !!!!!!!!!.

Absolutely not, the recent run has been terrible, the performances inexcusable, tactically we`ve been non-existent, we`re playing in a piss poor league and cannot get the better of mediocre opposition, in fact we`ve been hammered or threatened to be hammered by a lot of them on several occasions, how could we possibly look forward to going into europe on the back of all this, it saddens me to have this opinion because i have a lot of time for Yogi and the way he wants the game to be played but unless he inherits the Barcelona forward line with the Inter Milan defence we`ll be waiting a long time for his vision to pay off, as usual i`d like to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I get the impression that some hibs fans WANT him to fail as opposed to WANTING him to succeed.
    Some people are developing Brian Kerr syndrome, usual symptoms including waiting for said person to **** up and then creaming your pants. Others include blaming entire performances on said person. Recent targets have been Maka, O'Brien, Rankin, and Nish. Phrases such as "I was right all along", "I told ye he was useless", "get him tae ****", "he's not Hibs class" and "surely you can't defend him now" will usually follow any below-par performance by said person. Whilst their's reasonable justification for berating Yogi at the minute, it seems absolutely everything he does is wrong in the eyes of some fans.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

Stoap it ffs!

Just my opinion don't see the need for all the unless you take pleasure in having a go at other Hibs fans for having an opinion . At the end of the day we have scored more goals than anybody out with the OF. The defence needs serious work, which Yogi has been saying already, but we need to give the guy a chance to do that. I think he will be able to do that as his signings to date have been pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Totally agree.

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    voted yes
    he needs another season to fix the problems at the back
    i know the last 3 months have been bad but overall i think its been a better season than last.......

Just my opinion don't see the need for all the unless you take pleasure in having a go at other Hibs fans for having an opinion . At the end of the day we have scored more goals than anybody out with the OF. The defence needs serious work, which Yogi has been saying already, but we need to give the guy a chance to do that. I think he will be able to do that as his signings to date have been pretty decent.

Totally agree.

Amazing! there was a total lack of happy clappers on here last night after this latest debacle but surely and slowly they all come from under the bed covers to spout pish like this.

Look mate no disrespect but from a supporter of 48 years I've seen them come and seen them go and to my mind Hughes HAS had a chance to change things when games have not gone our way but has failed 100% to implement any **** obvious changes needed on the park.

I'm tired of this tit for tat posting now, I will wait till he fks off before coming back on

He needs another season to build the team further. So far he has only brought in forwards and goalkeepers. He needs to bring in leaders, midfielders and take a good look at the back four.