hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can Yogi get a reaction from the players for the Motherwell match?

Does anyone think that Yogi can get a reaction from the players for what is our biggest game of the season tomorrow? Past managers when we have had some right bad results have managed to get a win in subsequent games. A few examples off the top of my head:

Rangers 7-0 Hibs - We played Hearts in the derby a few days later and despite losing an early goal we went on to win 2-1 (O'neill / Harper scored if I mind right).

Hearts 4-0 Hibs - Destroyed in the Hampden Scottish Cup semi final but we beat Killie a few days later (Dalgleish scorer I think).

I think if Yogi cant get a reaction for tomorrows game he never will and there must be more going on behind the scenes than we know of. Even the seasons where we escaped relegation / or even got relegated we still pulled one or two results out the bag in the latter part of the season.

Personally, I dont think he can and I reckon we will lose 2-0 minimum and witness the usual Miller hiding (if he plays), Riordan holding his hands up on the touchline complaining about everything and blaming everyone, defensive errors to give away soft goals again etc.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Cracker's Avatar
    Well if he gets his head out his rear,then maybe,doubt it though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Sadly, no!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Nope, I don't think we'll see a reaction. I hope i'm wrong but I can't see past a Motherwell win tomorrow and defeat on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    If he does it will be the first time in 16 weeks or so

@hibs.net private member
    Yes he can!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by h185forever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he does it will be the first time in 16 weeks or so
    No it won't.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Does anyone think that Yogi can get a reaction from the players for what is our biggest game of the season tomorrow? Past managers when we have had some right bad results have managed to get a win in subsequent games. A few examples off the top of my head:

Rangers 7-0 Hibs - We played Hearts in the derby a few days later and despite losing an early goal we went on to win 2-1 (O'neill / Harper scored if I mind right).

Hearts 4-0 Hibs - Destroyed in the Hampden Scottish Cup semi final but we beat Killie a few days later (Dalgleish scorer I think).

I think if Yogi cant get a reaction for tomorrows game he never will and there must be more going on behind the scenes than we know of. Even the seasons where we escaped relegation / or even got relegated we still pulled one or two results out the bag in the latter part of the season.

Personally, I dont think he can and I reckon we will lose 2-0 minimum and witness the usual Miller hiding (if he plays), Riordan holding his hands up on the touchline complaining about everything and blaming everyone, defensive errors to give away soft goals again etc.

Thoughts?
    After the very bad defeats like Ross County and Dundee Utd we have put performances in, we beat Falkirk 3 - 1 after County and we played better in the 3 -2 defeat to celtic after the dundee Utd game, but after the St Johnstone spanking we got beat by Motherwell 1 - 0.

Same old Hibs, you dont know what is going to happen, but IMO I think we will probably get beat. I think the players are completely lost now, the manager is struggling for ideas and we will be playing on the worst pitch in the country.

hope he does would even settle for 5th and dundee united to win the cup as long as hearts dont beat dundee united or celtic

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Yes he can!
    I've been backing Yogi but starting to have my doubts now, i think if we were going to get a reaction after bad results it would have happened after the hamilton, st johnstone, ross county and the hearts games (the tynecastle one) but from what i remember we didn't get much of a reaction then so i don't see why we should expect one now

No.

I can't remember the last Hibs team that couldn't give a toss like this team. They'll prefer a long piss up summer than Europe.

Paw Broon will have his team fired up for a do or die game. We'll get more of the "The boys have been fantastic this season" after a 4-0 humping.

Jesus Christ, I really should call the samaritans

Nope, we will get f***ed again.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    No it won't.
    when have we seen one then ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    He could do with changing the team about a bit, making us less predictable. Will we be up for it? The evidence so far suggests not.

Would like to think we could go to Motherwell and beat them, but the players dont seem that bothered and they have an awful pitch that suits them (which I suppose shouldnt really be an excuse).

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    He could do with changing the team about a bit, making us less predictable. Will we be up for it? The evidence so far suggests not.

Would like to think we could go to Motherwell and beat them, but the players dont seem that bothered and they have an awful pitch that suits them (which I suppose shouldnt really be an excuse).
    Think they're on a pretty rotten run of form just now as well so don't think that pitch has been doing them that much good.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Course he can.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Course he can.
    He hasn't done yet.

Thoughts?
    Come on man, biggest game of the season ? We have had all our biggest games of the season and we failed miserably in all of them. I don`t get all this fevered excitement about a game that might, just, get us into what is the Inter freakin`Toto cup all dressed up with a new name :" The Europa league qualifiers ".

Admire your enthusiasm, but sorry this is all a bit mickey mouse. Barcelona, Juventus, Sporting Lisbon, Napoli, Liverpool.........etc. etc. THAT was Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Feed McGraw View Post
    Come on man, biggest game of the season ? We have had all our biggest games of the season and we failed miserably in all of them. I don`t get all this fevered excitement about a game that might, just, get us into what is the Inter freakin`Toto cup all dressed up with a new name :" The Europa league qualifiers ".

Admire your enthusiasm, but sorry this is all a bit mickey mouse. Barcelona, Juventus, Sporting Lisbon, Napoli, Liverpool.........etc. etc. THAT was Europe.
    realistically though we're a million miles off games like that so fourth place is as good as we can hope for.

I think fourth place would be great, in my lifetime we've not qualified for europe enough times for me to be snobbish about what round we enter it, we play the same teams so often even a game or two against someone different definately appeals to me.

BTW think it's the 5th place team or cup runners up that effectively join the inter-toto cup.

Motivating the players is not a problem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8660630.stm

I too thought it would be the fifth place that would be intertoto equivalent?

End of the day if you get in and put a run together then you would eventually get a decent Liverpool like team. Anyhow, correct me if I'm wrong would liverpools 7th place finish not be about the same as our 4th place entry regarding qualifying rounds?

Testimonial Due
    I would be surprised after the dismal run.

Hidden cracks seriously opened and we have a manager , who if you put all his interviews together contradicts himself time after time !

I don't believe he has got it .........but I hope I am wrong !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by h185forever View Post
    when have we seen one then ?
    In the last 16 weeks we've beaten Celtic (away), Hamilton 5-1, St Mirren (last minute winner), good comeback to 2-2 with Aberdeen, beat Falkirk and Kilmarnock.

There's a few for you to be getting on with.

i dont think the players respect yogi and he cannot motivate them.

something is seriously wrong at our club.

yogi was the one wanted by the fans, he has had a lot of money for players. we paid a lot of money for stokes and liam millers wages must be quite high too.

i dont think our players have the bottle and we need a big clearout.

what spin will yogi put on it if hearts finish above us??

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Course he cannae.
    Fixed

I too thought it would be the fifth place that would be intertoto equivalent?

End of the day if you get in and put a run together then you would eventually get a decent Liverpool like team. Anyhow, correct me if I'm wrong would liverpools 7th place finish not be about the same as our 4th place entry regarding qualifying rounds?
    If we finish 4th and Dundee Utd win the Scottish Cup, we'll enter the Europa League at the 3rd qualifying round. If Liverpool finish in 7th, they will also enter at the 3rd qualifying round.

We can certainly win tomorrow but wouldn`t bet on it and would be reasonably happy with a draw . Six defeats in a row is obviously terrible but at least we have not collapsed completely - near to draws with both of OF and played better on Saturday than in previous Derbies this season so don`t think there is no spirit left in team .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    We can certainly win tomorrow but wouldn`t bet on it and would be reasonably happy with a draw . Six defeats in a row is obviously terrible but at least we have not collapsed completely - near to draws with both of OF and played better on Saturday than in previous Derbies this season so don`t think there is no spirit left in team .

eh just what would constitute a total collapse in your view???

we are on our worst run since 1997, 6 straight defeats, embarassed twice by ross county, 2 wins in 16 games.

NOT good enough in my view and for the manager to say no need for major changes in the summer is very worrying.

almost as much as your post

Left by mutual consent!
    We're in the last chance saloon, and we have to step up to the plate, and give it our all.

Come on Hibs, pull one out of the bag and win a ****ing game

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    eh just what would constitute a total collapse in your view???

we are on our worst run since 1997, 6 straight defeats, embarassed twice by ross county, 2 wins in 16 games.

NOT good enough in my view and for the manager to say no need for major changes in the summer is very worrying.

almost as much as your post
    Anyone who`s read my posts here over the years will know I`m always critical of club for lack of ambition on and off the field and am disappointed that we are struggling to get a poor qualifying place for Europe instead of challenging weak OF teams . But reality is that yet again we`ve let fans down . I`m not happy about recent results or performances but if there`s any hope for last 2 games it is that team has not been thrashed even when playing badly ( Tynecastle display was possibly worst of season but we almost got a draw at end ) except for embarrassing defeats at Perth and Hamilton ( don`t forget Rangers were thrashed at Perth and Celtic at Paisley ) . "Total collapse" would be Perth or Hamilton type defeats in almost every game , something that has not happened since Turnbull`s Tornadoes finally died in 1980 ( hope we don`t "celebrate" 30th anniversary with collapse in last 2 games ) .