hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Penrith Hibee's Avatar

Smith abuse on Saturday

I know it has been mentioned in other threads but as I lifelong Hibee of a lot of years, the obvious abuse that Smith was getting made me feel a wee bit ashamed to be a Hibs fan on Saturday.

I've seen far worse displays by a Hibs player but I have never resorted to personally abusing our team during any game. Can somebody point out how that helps the team?

Jeff

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penrith Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know it has been mentioned in other threads but as I lifelong Hibee of a lot of years, the obvious abuse that Smith was getting made me feel a wee bit ashamed to be a Hibs fan on Saturday.

I've seen far worse displays by a Hibs player but I have never resorted to personally abusing our team during any game. Can somebody point out how that helps the team?

Jeff
    That was bang out of order, and he looked shocked and distressed. Phannies imo

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Jeff
    There's a proportion of 'Hibs fans' who mistake a match at ER for the psychotics r us meeting they really need to be at every week.

Aye poor wee soul did his best eh - especially for their second.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Aye poor wee soul did his best eh - especially for their second.
    Didn't deserve the abuse that he got.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Think sometimes we just get a little bit heated in the heat of the moment.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Jeff
    the amount of times hibs keepers **** up against hearts is unbelievable now, i know he can't take the blame for all of them, however i can fully understand fans losing the plot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Didn't deserve the abuse that he got.
    Agreed - what abuse did he get?

I sit West Upper which might as well be half a mile away

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Agreed - what abuse did he get?

I sit West Upper which might as well be half a mile away
    I sit in the FF but a couple of my pals sit in the South Lower and people were actually just jumping down the front to abuse him. Tellin him to **** off the jambo ******* etc.. bang out imo

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    I sit in the FF but a couple of my pals sit in the South Lower and people were actually just jumping down the front to abuse him. Tellin him to **** off the jambo ******* etc.. bang out imo
    That'll presumably be the headcases assuming that because he's rumoured to be a Jambo that he threw the game for them?

His debut was against the Hertz and he kept us in it for a large part of the game.

First Team Breakthrough Oscar Lomax's Avatar
    Unfortunately, there is a moronic element within the Hibs support. These bampots think they pay their money and have the right to shout a lot of nonsense at players and in general. They will not sit on their backsides and watch the match thus spoiling it for everyone around them that has to listen to the nonsense.

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar
    Maybe just epitomises the feelings of total frustration felt around Easter Rd at the moment by a large percentage of the support, whilst this doesnt excuse it, perhaps the merry-go-round of promises of a new dawn closely followed by the same old problems seen at ER over the past few seasons is leading to more and more supporters venting their frustrations at the players, manager, each other and anyone else within shooting distance.

While the team continue playing the way they are and the obvious lack of any belief in themselves from the team on the pitch continues, any belief from the supporters on the chosen line up/formation/managers ability to see how to change things continues, the venting of frustration will continue and will undoubtably get worse IMO.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Surely those folk blaming Smith for the goals have got it all wrong, and it was clearly Yogi's fault he threw the game?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Surely those folk blaming Smith for the goals have got it all wrong, and it was clearly Yogi's fault he threw the game?

nah it was hoggs fault, he should have outjumped the guy who is two foot taller than him

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    nah it was hoggs fault, he should have outjumped the guy who is two foot taller than him
    nah, it was defo Galbraiths fault, if he was on the pitch he would have saved that shot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    He's the goalkeeper.

He's there to be abused.

All our other current keepers have caught it - except Brown, and he hasn't played yet. But his turn will come.

Why should Smith be any different?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    It was embarrassing. As angry as we might have been, most people can see that congregating behind our own goalkeeper during a game and giving him abuse is probably going to do more harm than good.

On top of that I thought it was thoroughly undeserved, he's had a good season overall and giving him that kind of abuse was really pretty ****. Hopefully he realises that it was just a handful of twats and that he is valued by the support as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    It was embarrassing. As angry as we might have been, most people can see that congregating behind our own goalkeeper during a game and giving him abuse is probably going to do more harm than good.

On top of that I thought it was thoroughly undeserved, he's had a good season overall and giving him that kind of abuse was really pretty ****. Hopefully he realises that it was just a handful of twats and that he is valued by the support as a whole.
    yip i agree, ive been impressed with smith on the whole since he signed. didnt have a very good game against hearts but no one played exceptionally well. Im all for giving players stick if they need a kick up the backside but when it starts to get personal then it should stop

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Smith didn't deserve the abuse - that was probably his first poor performance all season. On a side note, it's almost four years since they've beaten us without our goalkeeper making an error. Unbelievable.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Have to be honest, gave Smith pelters from the front of the south stand too on Saturday and was ****ing raging at the time, however in the cold light of day I do feel quite shan on Smith now, and really wish I hadnt..

To be fair though derby games are frenzied and things can get a little heated,I seem to remember Smith giving it back though in exactly the same way and this in turn caused more fans to run down and start abusing him.

At the end of the day Smith was at fault for both goals and fans will look for a scaoegoat if a derby goes tits up!

[QUOTE=Leith Green;2449890]Have to be honest, gave Smith pelters from the front of the south stand too on Saturday and was ****ing raging at the time, however in the cold light of day I do feel quite shan on Smith now, and really wish I hadnt..

To be fair though derby games are frenzied and things can get a little heated,I seem to remember Smith giving it back though in exactly the same way and this in turn caused more fans to run down and start abusing him.

At the end of the day Smith was at fault for both goals and fans will look for a scaoegoat if a derby goes tits up![/QUOTE]

thats why nish and hogg are there!!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Smith didn't deserve the abuse - that was probably his first poor performance all season. On a side note, it's almost four years since they've beaten us without our goalkeeper making an error. Unbelievable.
    Did his superman impression at dingwall not count?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Shipping 5 against St Johnstone wasnt the best performance either
    I like Smith, but until Hibs fans stop the hysterical reactions to the first few goalkeeper mistakes nothing will ever change, whether its Maka, Smith or Buffon.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    [QUOTE=superhibi1;2449893]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Have to be honest, gave Smith pelters from the front of the south stand too on Saturday and was ****ing raging at the time, however in the cold light of day I do feel quite shan on Smith now, and really wish I hadnt..

At the end of the day Smith was at fault for both goals and fans will look for a scaoegoat if a derby goes tits up![/QUOTE]

thats why nish and hogg are there!!!

Hogg and Nish have been poor for the past 2 seasons and it is now a bigger surprise if they actually have a solid game..

Smith has done nowt wrong all season, and then had a poor second half. thats why I felt shan for giving him pelters, cant say the same for Hogg or Nish though

It's only a matter of time before I deck someone for abusing one of our own players

Or die in the attempt

ZERO TOLERANCE for next season

If only we could direct the abuse at opposition players we might actually do our bit in getting a "Fortress Easter Road".

As I have said before, it could be our fans have reached breaking point and the next step is not to come back to ER, its a sad state of affairs so it is. From what I gather from reading here, Hibs players are getting singled out regularly.It didnt always happen all the time but it does now.

Hainan Hibs, yir quite right If only we could direct the abuse at opposition players we might actually do our bit in getting a "Fortress Easter Road". But that doesnt seem like it will change in the near future.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Can't stand it when fans decide to give our own players pelters especially at the game, is that not what this is for?

But it doesn't do any good, isn't exactly going to boost their confidence that's for sure.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Players getting it tight is part and parcel of the game...Just have broad shoulders and deal with it.

He *****ed up badly, He should deal with it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully Maka is between the sticks at Fir Park as the crosses will be flying in.