hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You know the worst thing...........

I should be absolutely raging right now, having sat and watched Rangers dawdle their way to the title in our back yard, without having to break sweat.

But the repetitive nature of the flaws in our game, their glaring nature and the reality that neither the managment nor the players seem capable of changing them, or even injecting a modicum of commitment and desire into the teams play has left me - literally - barely caring 2 hoots how the rest of the season pans out.

4th place is now gone, if anyone thinks with 2 away games and a Derby to come that we will get more points than Motherwell - who are already ahead of us - then I admire the optimism, but cannot share it, much as I would wish to.

I really hope Yogi re-invigorates the club - management and playing staff - over the summer, because I'm not enjoying this feeling of "couldn't care less" as it's not normally how I am.

Anyone else at the end of their tether for this season??

I'll be at the Derby, and support from the stands as always, but if the majority of the players can't be arsed, and haven't bothered their ***** for nigh on 3 months now, then this season is finito for me in terms of really giving a damn.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    I didn't see a lack of effort just a lack of confidence and in many cases ability.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should be absolutely raging right now, having sat and watched Rangers dawdle their way to the title in our back yard, without having to break sweat.

But the repetitive nature of the flaws in our game, their glaring nature and the reality that neither the managment nor the players seem capable of changing them, or even injecting a modicum of commitment and desire into the teams play has left me - literally - barely caring 2 hoots how the rest of the season pans out.

4th place is now gone, if anyone thinks with 2 away games and a Derby to come that we will get more points than Motherwell - who are already ahead of us - then I admire the optimism, but cannot share it, much as I would wish to.

I really hope Yogi re-invigorates the club - management and playing staff - over the summer, because I'm not enjoying this feeling of "couldn't care less" as it's not normally how I am.

I'll be at the Derby, and support from the stands as always, but if the majority of the players can't be arsed, and haven't bothered their ***** for nigh on 3 months now, then this season is finito for me in terms of really giving a damn.

I like your posts mate, I do, But how ridiculous is this post? 4th place is now gone? We are a point behind Motherwell FFS..they are at Celtic park next week and still have Rangers to play..Hibs are defo in with a shout for 4th place.

4th place all but gone? Deary ****ing dear.

No, didn't think we were that bad today, a draw would've been a fair result.

4th place is nowhere near gone, Motherwell have to play both OF teams away and us. We have Hearts at home and Motherwell & Utd away, I know which set of fixtures I'd prefer.

And, the only player guilty of not bothering his arse today was Stokes IMO.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I like your posts mate, I do, But how ridiculous is this post? 4th place is now gone? We are a point behind Motherwell FFS..they are at Celtic park next week and still have Rangers to play..Hibs are defo in with a shout for 4th place.

4th place all but gone? Deary ****ing dear.
    Agree, that's the OF out of the way..Hearts next week, Motherwell away (massive game) and then the Arabs away who won't give a flying as they have 3rd and the cup final the following week.

5 points for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post

4th place is nowhere near gone, Motherwell have to play both OF teams away and us. We have Hearts at home and Motherwell & Utd away, I know which set of fixtures I'd prefer.
    I know which set of players and team spirit I'd prefer to have for the run in.

Ok, granted I didn't realise Motherwell had both sides of the OF to play, but here's the thing - where do you - realistically now, because I know the temptation is to say "aye, we'll definitely thump the Yams next week" - see our next win coming from??

Our best CHANCE of a win is definitely against Hearts at home - the away games to the Tattie field of Fir Park and away to 3rd place Dundee United, where our record over the past couple of seasons hasn't exactly been awe-inspiring, seem like dead rubbers to me.

Unless all this pish that Yogi will - doubtless - come out with again, about commitment, taking our chances and cutting our individual errors actually FINALLY translates to something tangible on the pitch, I can't see 4th place happening.

And, the only player guilty of not bothering his arse today was Stokes IMO.

For both Rangers and Celtic the season is now over. It would be no surprise if they both got turned over a time or two in their remaining, meaningless games.

With something to play for, Motherwell can take points from them and I think they will finish fourth.

As long as we stay above Hearts we will be in Europe (unless Ross County win the cup). I'll settle for that after our dismal form in the second half of the season.

Hibs have a great chance of beating hearts next week..and have a decent shout aswell picking up points at motherwell and d.utd.

Theres no dange 4th place is all but gone.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I didn't see a lack of effort just a lack of confidence and in many cases ability.
    McCormack Hogg Cregg Rankin Nish and Benji will hopefully be away at the end of this season, along with a few others like Stevenson and McKalamby. Replaced with players of a higher quality.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_in_munich View Post
    For both Rangers and Celtic the season is now over. It would be no surprise if they both got turned over a time or two in their remaining, meaningless games.

With something to play for, Motherwell can take points from them and I think they will finish fourth.

As long as we stay above Hearts we will be in Europe (unless Ross County win the cup). I'll settle for that after our dismal form in the second half of the season.
    Theres no danger Nei Lennon wont send his celtic team out to win..If he has any aspirations to get the job fulltime he needs to win.

I don't see it that way, Celtic will want to win their home games - Lennon is still after the managers job and they need to do something to attract the fans back, i.e. - win games. The huns are getting presented with the spl trophy after their game against Motherwell, they won't want to lose that game and ruin their party.

We moan about the team not having a winning mentality, but our fans are so defeatist its unreal.

I don't see it that way, Celtic will want to win their home games - Lennon is still after the managers job and they need to do something to attract the fans back, i.e. - win games. The huns are getting presented with the spl trophy after their game against Motherwell, they won't want to lose that game and ruin their party.

We moan about the team not having a winning mentality, but our fans are so defeatist its unreal.
    Great post.

Indeed. I don't see how anyone who saw that game today can say that there was a lack of effort.

Spot on sir.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Theres no danger Nei Lennon wont send his celtic team out to win..If he has any aspirations to get the job fulltime he needs to win.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    McCormack Hogg Cregg Rankin Nish and Benji will hopefully be away at the end of this season, along with a few others like Stevenson and McKalamby. Replaced with players of a higher quality.
    Part of the trouble for our last 3 games is that with injuries and suspensions that's pretty much half of our team right there.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

I would agree with that wouldnt be that surprised if they are turned over between now and the end of the season as they have nothing to play for however a good thing for Hibs view is that Rangers will get presented with the league trophy at home to Motherwell so IMO will be up for a win in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    Part of the trouble for our last 3 games is that with injuries and suspensions that's pretty much half of our team right there.
    Yes thats true, and thats why we need better.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we'll beat Hertz then Motherwell..

4th place is still very much their to play for..

We passed the ball and kept possesion much better today!

No coincidence that the pitch looked improved from last few games..

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar

I really really hope Yogi re-invigorates the club - management and playing staff - over the summer, because I'm not enjoying this feeling of "couldn't care less" as it's not normally how I am.

I'm still really hoping that Yogi and the backroom crew get it right during the Summer cos it's glaringly obvious that since the early new year, all our oponents have sussed our style of play, and they then out-think us tactically, and in most cases beat us
    Our quick one touch short passing game that worked so well early in the season (and we still always try to play) has been well and truly sussed and with our current squad we don't seem to have the ability to change that.
    We've had stacks of the ball in games, but the pretty passing game has stopped leading to goalscoring chances, so it just aint working too well is it.

I've renewed my ST for next season, and I'll be at the derby next week too I but can't wait to see the end of this season, cos we've ran completely out of ideas about how to change the team shape and gameplan.

Fingers crossed that we ship the dross out and get the players in that we need to take us onwards and upwards eh

GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 25-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    I think we'll beat Hertz then Motherwell..

4th place is still very much their to play for..

We passed the ball and kept possesion much better today!

No coincidence that the pitch looked improved from last few games..
    Like I say, I wish I could share the optimisim.

I take on board the point re: possession retention, but what use is possession if there's no - and I mean NO - urgency that goes with it? Why do Hibs feel that every single player needs to get a touch on the ball when shuttling the ball from left to right or vice-versa? The near total lack of pace notwithstanding (though I suspect that may be the root cause of my next gripe) why have Hibs - over the past while, even with Miller in the team - seemed to damned unwilling to switch the ball - either to feet or in behind the FB - with anything approaching urgency.

You'd think we had 3rd place in the bag the way that the ball went - for example - McBride - Rankin - Hogg - Thicot - McBride - Rankin - Cregg etc etc, without anyone having the gumption to look wide and play the ball there 1st time, thus stretching the play and possibly creating space in the middle. I don't know why our play has become so ponderous and predictable, but I hope Yogi does and is going to get it sorted over the close season.

SPL football really isn't rocket science - pace on the wings, get the ball wide/to the touch line, cross the ball into 2 strikers + supporting midfielder(s). With Zemmamma out, we don't have the creativity or guile to pick our way through the hachet-man infested waters that are the centre of midfield.

All IMO of course, but not - it would seem - in the opinion of the man that matters.

4th place is still up for grabs but I think we may have to go to Fir Park and collect all three points although I would rather we pumped the Yams first.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    4th place is still up for grabs but I think we may have to go to Fir Park and collect all three points although I would rather we pumped the Yams first.
    If they beat us at Fir Park then 4 points from DU and Hearts may not get us 4th - I think the smart money will be on Motherwell pipping us.

How many lacked ability? And did they no have ability earlier this season?

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    How many lacked ability? And did they no have ability earlier this season?
    McCormack, Nish & Rankin are 3 that played yesterday with a 'lack of ability' IMO to take Hibs to 'the next level', and yes they were the same limited players at the start of the season and will be the same limited players at the start of next season (with us or another club)!

Motherwell are definitely favourites for 4th spot. They have Celtic and Rangers to play, neither of these teams will care much with the league now decided, and they have us on their rugby field.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby 2005 View Post
    Motherwell are definitely favourites for 4th spot. They have Celtic and Rangers to play, neither of these teams will care much with the league now decided, and they have us on their rugby field.
    We won on that rugby field earlier in the season, and would have taken at least a point, had the ref not mistakenly sent Miller off in the first half in the last game.

@hibs.net private member
    I would be surprised if we get 4th. We can't win football games anymore. I don't see any game that we will win before the end of the season.

It's real all right. It comes from watching so many defeats. What is unreal is dancing about singing "woo hoo, everything's lovely" when the team is struggling to beat anybody above junior/SFL Div 3 level. How many games do we have to lose by three or four goals to teams below us in the league before some people get a wee hint that everything isn't peachy after all?

Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    It's real all right. It comes from watching so many defeats. What is unreal is dancing about singing "woo hoo, everything's lovely" when the team is struggling to beat anybody above junior/SFL Div 3 level. How many games do we have to lose by three or four goals to teams below us in the league before some people get a wee hint that everything isn't peachy after all?
    Stop being so bloody defeatist - we got a draw with Ross County remember??

It's ok though, because I just read Yogi's 2 millionth interview in the press, and he says he asked Colin Nish and Ian Murray how he's going to make the club great again, and he's from Leith.

So that's ok.

Stop being so bloody defeatist - we got a draw with Ross County remember??

It's ok though, because I just read Yogi's 2 millionth interview in the press, and he says he asked Colin Nish and Ian Murray how he's going to make the club great again, and he's from Leith.

So that's ok.