hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Granton Stanton's Avatar

Smith leaves SFA

Gordon Smith has resigned from SFA citing personal reasons.

Tabloid expose coming up perhaps?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Walter threatened to kick him out of the Lodge for SFA match-fixing?

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Probably the usual story. Offered the job and given a free reign to sort out all the ills of the game .... until he sits down in his office and gets reeled back by the grey men on everything he tries to change. Wasn't ever his biggest fan but at least he was a football man.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably the usual story. Offered the job and given a free reign to sort out all the ills of the game .... until he sits down in his office and gets reeled back by the grey men on everything he tries to change. Wasn't ever his biggest fan but at least he was a football man.
    Probably
    Although he was also getting pelters over his handling of the Robbie Winters diving episode.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    He'll be no miss. An incompetent buffoon if ever there was - and that's me being kind.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan
    Good riddance IMO

The sad reality of it will probably see another muppet installed though.

Only one man for the job............Pat Nevin.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    picked this up from another forum

LIVINGSTON chairman Gordon McDougall has written to SFA president George Peat demanding an investigation into the conduct of chief executive Gordon Smith.

McDougall is unhappy with Smith's alleged involvement in disciplinary proceedings against the club's striker Robbie Winters over allegations of diving.

Winters was this week cleared of the offence by the SFA after video evidence of Livi's third division win at East Stirling on February 20 was viewed at Hampden.

But McDougall has hit out at with the way the process was handled.

Smith, who has campaigned against the scourge of diving in football, attended February's game, which saw Michael Bolochoweckyj receive a second booking for a foul on Winters.

McDougall claims the SFA chief asked for a DVD of the match from home manager Jim McInally.
    The Livi chairman says the SFA have since informed him Shire owner Spencer Fearn made a complaint against Winters three days after the game.

McDougall said: "I find it quite astonishing this information was kept from myself, Robbie and the disciplinary committee.
    "It's either gross incompetence or an attempt to mislead folk.
    "Either way, I feel Gordon Smith has overstepped his authority and that is why I'll be writing to George Peat.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    His replacement's already been found

He might have been a football man, but he stumbled and embarrassed his way through every major issue he faced. The 'I didn't have Mark McGhee's phone number' one was a personal favourite. Not that you'd want Mark McGhee's phone number, but nevermind.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Didnt see that coming. He seemed to create much discussion but little action on moving our game forward. Laterly though, I thought he began simply towing the party line, maintaining the status quo and generally ensuring the SFA gravy train rumbles along without disturbing stagnant Scottish football too much. Maybe hes become frustrated?

Pity in a way as at least he brought some ideas to the table on how Scottish football might improve. Whilst the other stewards of our game seem content with the demise in our footballing stature (For all that, Id seriously struggle to name one success/legacy GS leaves behind). Im sure he'll be able to content himself with another cushy job back at the Beeb - where his contribution will once again consist of little beyond spouting personal opinion.
    Ah well, now for the next OldFirm-apologist, no-mark. Onwards and upwards, eh?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    If we're going to go down the route of getting a football man in i'd love to see John Collins come in and overhaul the game from top to bottom.

Don't think there's any chance of it happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    If we're going to go down the route of getting a football man in i'd love to see John Collins come in and overhaul the game from top to bottom.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing, in my mind they need two people, one with a football background and another for the business side of things.

They better stay away from Petrie.

Power crazy. Stuck his nose in where it should never of been. Ref did his job.

The guy was a horses anyway and didnt like his attitude.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i never liked his toupee

Gordon Smith Steps Down From SFA

Gordon Smith has left his post as chief executive of the Scottish Football Association for personal reasons.

Not sure what the personal reasons are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8630722.stm

Ooops did not see other thread, please merge.

Left by mutual consent!
    The farce that was the Scottish Cup semi-final draw, so obviously fixed, yet both of the OF failed to make it to the final might not have done him too many favours.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    He'll be no miss. An incompetent buffoon if ever there was - and that's me being kind.

Boozegate, the Robbie Winters affair, not having McGee's phone number and his hijacking of the 1st Burley press conference were all indicative of a man completley out of his depth as were his comments that poor old Rangers were being picked upon

I suspect the tabloids have something on him though but he really is no sad loss.

Thank God, he was a total balloon

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Good riddance.

Get someone competent in.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    His crackdown on sectarian singing went down a storm......"we've got the power to dock points and impose fines".

Aye, sure, right enough ya moon-faced fud.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Goodbye to the clown. The whole boozegate affair really summed up what a trumpet he was. Csaba Lazlo for the job, why not. He'll tell you he's been linked with it. Or was it Robbie Keane boyhood dream to be the Executive.

No doubt some old firm connected clown will get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp View Post
    May have been a "football man" but one ex player I spoke to at the time of his appointment put this to me .
    " Smith was an ex professional footballer turned players agent who , as you would expect, strongly fought his clients corner with club managers and chairmen.
    With that he often came into conflict with these parties.
    He then became "Poacher turned Gamekeeper " and will expect these same officials to stand alongside him.
    Can't see him making a go of this job."

I cannot remember many managers and chairmen openly endorsing his policies .
    Will not be missed IMO.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Bluenose buffoon who I´ve hated since he touted Kenny Miller to the huns while he was his agent.

Good riddance.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Bluenose buffoon who I´ve hated since he touted Kenny Miller to the huns while he was his agent.

Good riddance.
    I didn't like him way before then, but surely that's what agents are meant to do - it's their job

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar