hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Where were you today?

Just home. Well done to every fan that made the effort and applauded the performance. There's no disgrace in coming from behind and loosing at Parkhead to a late offside goal with an under strength side. I love the fact .net has so many armchair fans who sit on their arse when the team needs them most then proceed to come on and slate the team despite the fact alot of posters don't even bother their arse to make the effort. Fair enough if you don't have the money but Hibernian FC need all the support that's possible at the moment and to simply stay away because you can't be arsed and because it's on the tele etc is shocking, especially when you consider alot of posters on here were greeting when they couldn't get Ibrox tickets first time round. I'm with a few regular .net posters and we all share the same sentiments.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I was at the game today. Lowest Hibs support I can ever remember at Parkhead. Couldn't be any more than 200/300 today.

@hibs.net private member Dombie's Avatar
    I was auditioning for the x factor. I didn't get thru. Face didn't fit what they were looking for.

I was in my front room watching it on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just home. Well done to every fan that made the effort and applauded the performance. There's no disgrace in coming from behind and loosing at Parkhead to a late offside goal with an under strength side. I love the fact .net has so many armchair fans who sit on their arse when the team needs them most then proceed to come on and slate the team despite the fact alot of posters don't even bother their arse to make the effort. Fair enough if you don't have the money but Hibernian FC need all the support that's possible at the moment and to simply stay away because you can't be arsed and because it's on the tele etc is shocking, especially when you consider alot of posters on here were greeting when they couldn't get Ibrox tickets first time round. I'm with a few regular .net posters and we all share the same sentiments.
    They don't deserve our support, wage thieves. It works both ways mate. Why should I shell out £100 of my hard earned cash to watch these journeymen turn in half-arsed performances each week? I'm not just talking about today; bar the first few months of this season, we have been rank rotten for the last three seasons and I've had it. If it doesn't make me a Hibby in your eyes, then so be it. I paid my dues when I sat through the years of dross Alex Miller and Duff Jim trotted out, but at least the players gave a ****. Now, I see laughing and joking; a sheer lack of professionalism. Sorry, had it.

. I love the fact .net has so many armchair fans who sit on their arse when the team needs them most then proceed to come on and slate the team despite the fact alot of posters don't even bother their arse to make the effort.
    You, sir, are out of order. I didn't go to the game for many reasons, one being financial, which you do at least acknowledge. I take offence at the self-righteous attitude of those that go to games and elevate themselves above others.

@hibs.net private member
    I was at my sons game - semi final, went to extra time and they came away winners.

A much better option methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    They don't deserve our support, wage thieves. It works both ways mate. Why should I shell out £100 of my hard earned cash to watch these journeymen turn in half-arsed performances each week? I'm not just talking about today; bar the first few months of this season, we have been rank rotten for the last three seasons and I've had it. If it doesn't make me a Hibby in your eyes, then so be it. I paid my dues when I sat through the years of dross Alex Miller and Duff Jim trotted out, but at least the players gave a ****. Now, I see laughing and joking; a sheer lack of professionalism. Sorry, had it.

There was barely a hundred of us. ****ing apalling support. Unbeleivable the amount of 'die hard' fans who sat on the laptop posting and watched the game, then proceed to slate the team. Why should the team bother their arse and put the effort in when the fans don't?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    .. i was at the game today, shocking Hibs crowd and the atmosphere wasn't the best either.

At least we didn't boo the team of the pitch and applauded them.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I just stayed in and had a biiig ****.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    I was at my sons game - semi final, went to extra time and they came away winners.

A much better option methinks.
    Thats fair. Don't get me wrong i'm not getting at the fans who have work, family commitments and money problems etc it's the supporters who sit in when they can easiy go that really make me rage. They are most probably the same fans that scramble for Tynie and cup final tickets.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Nobodys forcing you to go?

Left by mutual consent!
    Spot on.. Why should we shell out £30-£40 quid to go and support a bunch of guys who have no fight and after last weeks performance seem , want to have a laugh and a joke and are clearly more interested in worrying about there night out then us , the fans who pay there wages...

Gamer IDs

I can totally understand people not going to the game for different reasons, money especially as i suffer from that problem quite regularly.

But surely more than 200 Hibs fans couldve made the trip, it was embarresingly bad.

I agree with sean. Too many experts on here when hibs are actually playing.

There was barely a hundred of us. ****ing apalling support. Unbeleivable the amount of 'die hard' fans who sat on the laptop posting and watched the game, then proceed to slate the team. Why should the team bother their arse and put the effort in when the fans don't?
    Because they are in the extremely lucky position of being able to play football for a living, something some of us dreamed of as kids, and are paid rather handsomely for the privilege. That money comes from our pockets, so why should we not demand some bloody accountability from them if they are not turning in professional performances??

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noseyhibby View Post
    You, sir, are out of order. I didn't go to the game for many reasons, one being financial, which you do at least acknowledge. I take offence at the self-righteous attitude of those that go to games and elevate themselves above others.
    Both types of fans annoy me.

The ones that bleat on about being a better fan because they go to every game, and the other set that make up pathetic excuses not to go.

Now I know that alot of people can't afford to go to games, but others can afford it, but will use finances as an excuse not to go anyway. Others will go to the games, but not to actually support the team, but so they can run back on here later and rattle on about how "great" they are.

Heres my true honest reason for not going.....

I couldn't be arsed.

End of story.
    Last edited by Hibercelona; 17-04-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    sorry uberfan

Why should the fans bother their arse when the team don't?

The fans don't have to support Hibs, but it's the players' jobs. If the fans don't care then that's up to them, it's ridiculous you saying the players shouldn't bother because the fans don't.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    I just stayed in and had a biiig ****.

Gamer IDs

Because they are in the extremely lucky position of being able to play football for a living, something some of us dreamed of as kids, and are paid rather handsomely for the privilege. That money comes from our pockets, so why should we not demand some bloody accountability from them if they are not turning in professional performances??
    We need to remember though were Hibs, we shouldn't always demand an awful lot, were turning into the OF with the stick the manager gets and that a lot turn on the team if things are going badly.

Uber fans do my nut in.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I agree with sean. Too many experts on here when hibs are actually playing.
    THIS IS A HIBS MESSAGE BOARD..... What do you want from here????

@hibs.net private member
    Thats fair. Don't get me wrong i'm not getting at the fans who have work, family commitments and money problems etc it's the supporters who sit in when they can easiy go that really make me rage. They are most probably the same fans that scramble for Tynie and cup final tickets.
    To be honest if you take away people who have work, family commitments and money problems you would be lucky to get a hundred fans. An away day to Parkhead isn't the cheapest and most people already make family sacrifices just to get to ER. To ask/expect people to make that extra commitment when the game is on the telly and the added hassle of an early KO given our current form is maybe just a step too far for most.

Even if my son hadn't been playing I wouldn't have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Nobodys forcing you to go?
    True, and I'm choosing not to at the moment. Doesn't mean I don't care.

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Ah couldnt be arsed.
    Last weeks performance made my mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    We need to remember though were Hibs, we shouldn't always demand an awful lot, were turning into the OF with the stick the manager gets and that a lot turn on the team if things are going badly.
    I don't disagree with you, but here's my point. I think we should be able to demand the players put in a graft and shift each week, showing some commitment to the club. I just don't see that with the current crop.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I don't disagree with you, but here's my point. I think we should be able to demand the players put in a graft and shift each week, showing some commitment to the club. I just don't see that with the current crop.
    I thought the team worked their arse's off today, every one of them.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Why should the team bother their arse and put the effort in when the fans don't?
    Coz they get ****in paid handsomely for it?