hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gary robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Played up there in the Esk a few times, one o the quality greens on the circuit...a few seasons ago we were playing up there & the rain was pretty heavy, i felt the green was running well but the commitee were ready to pull the "plug" in case there was damage ..we were half way through & im sure we were 2 rinks up & a peel at the time ...
    rink 1 floods quite quickly maybe thats why.jewel hav been quite close to promotion the last few yr i think.division 2 is a hard league to get out of.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gilliecabbage View Post
    cudnt have.thats never happened haha
    True mate it does not happen often

Quote Originally Posted by gilliecabbage View Post
    rink 1 floods quite quickly maybe thats why.jewel hav been quite close to promotion the last few yr i think.division 2 is a hard league to get out of.
    It was rink 1 playing alongside the clubhouse ...

Yer correct though..league 2 is a mare to get out of, in our first season in we were a point away from second & promotion..unfortunately since then its been downhill all the way & we have only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.

I think the main prob wi the second div is that good teams are coming up from the 3rd & good experienced teams are coming down from the 1st...we are getting blootered both ways !!!

We have Buccleuch at home in the first league game then away to our biggest rivals EL-COOP....two massive games followed by the "high fivers" Arniston away ...those guys are funny ..they take it deadly serious wi high fives every time they get a shot in ...they soon calm doon when they get humped !!!

It was rink 1 playing alongside the clubhouse ...

Yer correct though..league 2 is a mare to get out of, in our first season in we were a point away from second & promotion..unfortunately since then its been downhill all the way & we have only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.

I think the main prob wi the second div is that good teams are coming up from the 3rd & good experienced teams are coming down from the 1st...we are getting blootered both ways !!!

We have Buccleuch at home in the first league game then away to our biggest rivals EL-COOP....two massive games followed by the "high fivers" Arniston away ...those guys are funny ..they take it deadly serious wi high fives every time they get a shot in ...they soon calm doon when they get humped !!!

Kevin was telling me this to what exactly is you and kevs team beef with each other in this fixture?

he says he is looking forward to winning as well

Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant View Post
    Kevin was telling me this to what exactly is you and kevs team beef with each other in this fixture?

he says he is looking forward to winning as well
    They are just bad losers Lee, there have been a few personal spats since we were both in the 5th, i wasnt really privvy to it as i didnt play in many of those games...my last game v COOP in Tranent seemed to go fine, i certainly didnt see any hand bags ...mind you though ..they are a bit quiet when they visit the Jewel ..

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Had many a good time up at the Miners too ..they are like the Jewel ..swally n bowls ...unlike those perrier water & prawn sandwich clubs ...
    Damn, better get that perrier water order cancelled for when we give you suckers a hammering in June

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Damn, better get that perrier water order cancelled for when we give you suckers a hammering in June
    Mike ..just make sure that Tennents lager is nice & chilled mate .. victory will taste aw the better for it ...

Missed Dalkeith's opening day last Saturday, due to 20 of us being away to Gran Canaria for our biennial 'bowling beano'.

The fact that there's NO bowling greens on the island, didn't spoil what was a cracking week!!

Mike ..just make sure that Tennents lager is nice & chilled mate .. victory will taste aw the better for it ...
    Kenny, is there one or two new faces ? on here recently that might be called in to your team for June 5th? Could we stretch to 3 or maybe even four rinks this time around?

Kenny, is there one or two new faces ? on here recently that might be called in to your team for June 5th? Could we stretch to 3 or maybe even four rinks this time around?
    I think its the usual suspects this year Mike, we will see what the state of affairs are a couple of weeks before then we will make a wee push for others if need be ...how many did we have last year ..?...my heid is bubbled ..

I think its the usual suspects this year Mike, we will see what the state of affairs are a couple of weeks before then we will make a wee push for others if need be ...how many did we have last year ..?...my heid is bubbled ..
    I'm sure it was three triples Kenny, which was the same as the year before I believe.

I'm sure it was three triples Kenny, which was the same as the year before I believe.
    If Lee has the same lads + his Dad then im more than happy with that Mike, ideally another three players would be better for 3 rinks ...if Lee tells me that lot are definates then i could poss bring in another two ..that would leave us requiring just the one other..

If Lee has the same lads + his Dad then im more than happy with that Mike, ideally another three players would be better for 3 rinks ...if Lee tells me that lot are definates then i could poss bring in another two ..that would leave us requiring just the one other..
    Sorry for the Delay Kenny all Confirmed
    Plus i have another 2 or 3 would like to play all hibees

Sorry for the Delay Kenny all Confirmed
    Plus i have another 2 or 3 would like to play all hibees
    3 ..if they are definates then they are in Lee...3 rinks or 4 trips would be fantastic ..

3 ..if they are definates then they are in Lee...3 rinks or 4 trips would be fantastic ..
    I will get them confirmed for def on friday but the ones last year are all Confirmed plus Kev said see You at the EL Coop!!

Cheerio wife, see you in September!

I will get them confirmed for def on friday but the ones last year are all Confirmed plus Kev said see You at the EL Coop!!
    Good stuff Lee ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Cheerio wife, see you in September!
    Thats about right Jack ...

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Sorry I've not been around much but been avoiding most things Hibs since we started on this great run of ours!

Anyway now that the bowling season has started I can come out of hiding.

Would be a good idea to list those definites so we are clear whose in. To start with:
    Kenny (HH)
    Lee (GG) - Confused me a bit with your name change Lee
    Me
    BarneyBreslin
    Fat Stu
    Kev (Co-op)
    sg7nil
    Matty (Co-op)
    Lee's Dad

What about the rest of the bowlers on here? It's now a earlier day than usual in June so hopefully we can get others (James Connolly etc)
    Last edited by MSK; 19-04-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Adding additional names..

I should be available again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    Sorry I've not been around much but been avoiding most things Hibs since we started on this great run of ours!

Would be a good idea to list those definites so we are clear whose in. To start with:
    Kenny (HH)
    Me
    BarneyBreslin
    Fat Stu
    Kev (Co-op)

What about the rest of the bowlers on here? It's now a earlier day than usual in June so hopefully we can get others (James Connolly etc)
    Re-arrange:

To Slaughter Lambs The

Kenny (HH)
    Me
    BarneyBreslin
    Fat Stu
    Kev (Co-op)

Sorry bud but it had to be done

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Kenny (HH)
    Lee (GG) (my dad aswell) - Confused me a bit with your name change Lee
    Me
    BarneyBreslin
    Fat Stu
    Kev (Co-op)
    Matty (co-op) aswell Andy

maybe got another 3 if needed

Andy, ive updated your thread..thats the 9 who played & won last year...if Lee can get those 3 confirmed that would be good, the more the merrier..

Still open for others on here if you fancy it....

Andy, ive updated your thread..thats the 9 who played & won last year...if Lee can get those 3 confirmed that would be good, the more the merrier..

Still open for others on here if you fancy it....
    Bringing in ringers now are we???

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post

Hibbies though.......

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post

Aye, I think they are running scared already. If they try and bring in Tattie and Paul Foster there will defo be a stewards enquiry (although it would be great to see the Northern Hibbies stuff them too )

GGTTNH

Aye, I think they are running scared already. If they try and bring in Tattie and Paul Foster there will defo be a stewards enquiry (although it would be great to see the Northern Hibbies stuff them too )

GGTTNH
    Nae dange they would get intae the team ..simply no good enough !!!! ......

Jewel lost 6-2 at home to Buccleuch in the Esk league 2nd div on Friday night...(i was reserve but had to call off)....difficult game away to EL-COOP on Friday coming ..its gonna be a rollercoaster season i think ...relegation a possibility as we have only avoided going down by a point in the last two seasons ...

Jewel lost 6-2 at home to Buccleuch in the Esk league 2nd div on Friday night...(i was reserve but had to call off)....difficult game away to EL-COOP on Friday coming ..its gonna be a rollercoaster season i think ...relegation a possibility as we have only avoided going down by a point in the last two seasons ...
    League started already Kenny! Our first league match is not until a week tomorrow where we play Maitland at Maitland.

League started already Kenny! Our first league match is not until a week tomorrow where we play Maitland at Maitland.
    Aye, into our second game Friday Mike....crap really as you get absolutley no time to prepare ..not just us but others too ...even worse if yer green hasnt opened !!! ...im lucky as ive managed to get onto the green twice ..opening day & yesterday for an hours practice until the damn rain came on !! ....

Resigned from the management committee this year to take on selection committee duties (out of the frying pan eh!).
    Had a trial match on Sunday in preparation for the first league match against Maitland tomorrow. Teams go up on Sunday afternoon and by Monday night there's two call offs

Cannae say I'm looking forward to standing freezing my knackers off tomorrow night but that's the 'joy's'? of the bowling season for you.