2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SidBurns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could this be the reason why...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8610201.stm

...we are so pish at the moment!?!
    Strikes me as a risky business, if I was a player I'd want to know where I was playing next season asap, rather than wait till the end of the season. I'm sure their agents are speaking to other clubs, and maybe some of them know they're off already?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Strikes me as a risky business, if I was a player I'd want to know where I was playing next season asap, rather than wait till the end of the season. I'm sure their agents are speaking to other clubs, and maybe some of them know they're off already?
    Possibly, but is there any harm in giving the players in question an extra incentive to pull their fingers out?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SidBurns View Post
    Could this be the reason why...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8610201.stm

...we are so pish at the moment!?!
    Don't think so - in fact, I believe that a more innocent comment from Yogi at the turn of the year, stating that very few would be leaving in the summer, is more likely to have had a negative effect, due to some players subliminally taking their foot off the pedal. Ian Murray signing his contract was one of the highlights of the season but, and it may be just a coincidence, his form has dipped since his future was secured.

If the modern day footballer can't raise their game to potentially secure a new contract/put themselves in the shop window then they're in the wrong job. Many managers continually offer players one year contracts to help keep their form up over the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    Possibly, but is there any harm in giving the players in question an extra incentive to pull their fingers out?
    I'm sure that's how Yogi looks at it. How effective it will be will depend on what they think Hibs can offer compared to other clubs.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I'm sure that's how Yogi looks at it. How effective it will be will depend on what they think Hibs can offer compared to other clubs.
    Also true, though the players themselves will know that if they currently earn say £2K per week and another club offers £4K, then Hibs aren't going to match that. If there's only slightly more money offered elsewhere, then they're likely to bide their time to see (a) what Hibs offer and (b) what other offers they might get.

I think Yogi's saying the right thing to try and buck some players up tbh.

It may also suggest that some won't be getting offers and Yogi's no wasting time discussing terms with players he wishes to replace.

Its more likely Yogi does not want to keep any of the players who are out of contract, at the end of the season and by not telling them if they are given a chance to play they will try to impress, as opposed to being told you are not wanted and they do not give a flying one.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Its more likely Yogi does not want to keep any of the players who are out of contract, at the end of the season and by not telling them if they are given a chance to play they will try to impress, as opposed to being told you are not wanted and they do not give a flying one.
    That was my take on it too.
    Anyone he wanted to keep would have been given a new deal like Murray.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Totally agree.

We’ve extended the contracts of Murray and Wotherspoon so far this year – they are very import to the club and their services have been secured.

Whose contract runs out, or who’s away, in June?

Steven Thicot (I think might be 2011. Some reports said he signed a 3 year deal in 2008, other reports didn’t mention a period)
    Yves Makalambay
    Alan Gow
    Benji
    Kurtis Byrne????

TBH hardly likely to loose sleep if any of them went.
    Space to let

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    We’ve extended the contracts of Murray and Wotherspoon so far this year – they are very import to the club and their services have been secured.

Steven Thicot (I think might be 2011. Some reports said he signed a 3 year deal in 2008, other reports didn’t mention a period)
    Yves Makalambay
    Alan Gow
    Benji
    Kurtis Byrne????

Cregg is another

What I can gather from this is he's got 3-4 players out of contract, new contracts won't be offered at this moment as he want to see themm earning a new one by playing bout of their skins. If they don't prove themselves, then new players will be brought in who can do it for us, pretty straightforward really.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    What I can gather from this is he's got 3-4 players out of contract, new contracts won't be offered at this moment as he want to see themm earning a new one by playing bout of their skins. If they don't prove themselves, then new players will be brought in who can do it for us, pretty straightforward really.
    I'd like to keep Thicot and Benji but neither are in the 'must have' category. If we have anyhting better to come in then great.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I would think that those that Yogi wants to keep will have been told that they'll be offered something at the end of the season, while those he doesn't won't have.

I don't think Hibs would risk losing any players they were determined to keep by letting their contracts run down, to be honest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    Still to risky, if the agents have gone out and said to the player, its no worries if you dont get offered a new contract here cause I have another one at a different club ready for you, then Hibs are gonna lose out.

Regardless of whether they want to play for the club or not, they may have families etc to support, so they will probably just want to make sure they have guranteed income. If hibs arent offering new contracts then I am sure they will be saying to their agents to make sure they have a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Yves Makalambay
    Alan Gow
    Benji
    Kurtis Byrne????

kurtis has another year to go, he was one of the 7 who got a first team 2 year contract last may. out of that 7 only kurtis, david wotherspoon and thomas flynn have been involved in first team squad. ewan moyes is on loan at arbroath after being at livi for a few months, lee currie and sean welsh went on loan to stenhousemuir and both got injured. patrick deane got released.

Considering we've already given Ian Murray a new contract I'm guessing those that haven't been offered one aint getting one.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Still to risky, if the agents have gone out and said to the player, its no worries if you dont get offered a new contract here cause I have another one at a different club ready for you, then Hibs are gonna lose out.

Regardless of whether they want to play for the club or not, they may have families etc to support, so they will probably just want to make sure they have guranteed income. If hibs arent offering new contracts then I am sure they will be saying to their agents to make sure they have a club.
    God luck to them then.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    If the players who are out of contract had proven themselves to be good enough they would have been offered extended contracts by now (Murray, Wotherspoon).

If anyone who is out of contract thinks they can get a better deal elsewhere then good luck to them because Yogi clearly thinks Hibs can attract better players if he willing to let thier contracts expire.

If the players that are out of contract were that good they'd be in the first team and either be signed up by now or signed a pre contract with another club. As it is, no reports that I'm aware of of other teams ready to snap up our "stars".

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

And I'll be the taxi for any of our out of contract players that get such a deal sorted out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    And I'll be the taxi for any of our out of contract players that get such a deal sorted out.
    Surely a rickshaw would be a more appropriate way to ferry them to their destination?

Coaching Staff
    Surely a rickshaw would be a more appropriate way to ferry them to their destination?

Jeez I thought I'd just posted my last post on the wrong thread
    Space to let

That's my take on it too.

One thing he has said in the months gone by is that there may be decisions taken to let certain players go that the fans will have to trust him on. My take on that was and is that one or more of our better/more popular players might be going out of the door. Mind you, if that doesn't happen it wouldn't be the first time I've got things wrong
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    That's my take on it too.

One thing he has said in the months gone by is that there may be decisions taken to let certain players go that the fans will have to trust him on. My take on that was and is that one or more of our better/more popular players might be going out of the door. Mind you, if that doesn't happen it wouldn't be the first time I've got things wrong
    If that doesn't happen it will be Yogi that has got things wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Yesterday View Post
    If that doesn't happen it will be Yogi that will have got things wrong!
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    FWIW Yogi told me quite recently when we touched on the matter of "player motivation, effort and commitment" that sometimes that can be a problem with players in the early stages of a (say) three or four year contract but tends not to be as the contract period reduces!

Maybe he's testing his theory in an effort to reverse the poor results trend of the last three months or so!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    How long has Hogg got left as a matter of interest?