hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I think season tickets will be up next year.

Despite my previous reservations, I reckon Hibs will shift a decent number of season tickets over the summer.

Once people see the new stand coming together, close to a brand new, and wider pitch, folk will get excited again.

A couple of decent, and appropriate, signings, and hope and dreams will return.

Also, if we can achieve European football, even if it's the second qualifying round, it will further improve the mood.

So, the future really is bright.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Totally agree

Provided we have improved year on year Yogi's first term will go down as a success. Fourth, Europe, ten points more than last season, finishing above Dons/Yams and better players (Goalies, Stokes, McBride, Cregg and Miller) are an improvement in my book.

Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Despite my previous reservations, I reckon Hibs will shift a decent number of season tickets over the summer.

Once people see the new stand coming together, close to a brand new, and wider pitch, folk will get excited again.

Also, if we can achieve European football, even if it's the second qualifying round, it will further improve the mood.

You have made me excited about the new season already.

Hopefully the team can continue their good work from earlier in the season

:notworthy::notworthy:

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Being shifted to the South Stand allowed me to get an image in my head of how impressive the stadium will look when it's finished and all parts of the ground are the same height. ER will be a completely different place next season, hopefully very much for the better!

Left by mutual consent!
    Even though I've moaned a lot recently and been annoyed at the football that's been on offer, I'll still defo 100% be renewing..

I have faith in Yogi :notworthy:

It's quite a simple sum. The more season ticket holders we have, the more the club can spend on playing staff.

Problem is there seem to be a lot of disincentives to renew - none of which are connected to the quality of football on show. All discussed here before (cost, atmosphere, all-seated, stewarding, easier to get tickets for big games, no problem paying at gate, people waiting to see new stand before committing and others). Plus if I understand correspondence from club correctly (I could be wrong) the option of buying ST that excludes Hearts/OF games has gone which may have a further negative effect on ST sales and resulting positive effect on pay at the gate sales.

Therefore think overall ST sales will be down although actual crowds may not change too much if pay at gate support increases correspondingly (fewer ST sales will probably mean a slight decrease in overall crowds though but club may be compensated for this financially by easier access for away supporters whose numbers were restricted in old stadium).

So long as club are realising there will be a higher proportion of pay at gate and away fans next year and plan administrative arrangements round this effectively do not think financial effect of fewer ST holders will be major though.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker II View Post
    Problem is there seem to be a lot of disincentives to renew - none of which are connected to the quality of football on show. All discussed here before (cost, atmosphere, all-seated, stewarding, easier to get tickets for big games, no problem paying at gate, people waiting to see new stand before committing and others). Plus if I understand correspondence from club correctly (I could be wrong) the option of buying ST that excludes Hearts/OF games has gone which may have a further negative effect on ST sales and resulting positive effect on pay at the gate sales.

Therefore think overall ST sales will be down although actual crowds may not change too much if pay at gate support increases correspondingly (fewer ST sales will probably mean a slight decrease in overall crowds though but club may be compensated for this financially by easier access for away supporters whose numbers were restricted in old stadium).

So long as club are realising there will be a higher proportion of pay at gate and away fans next year and plan administrative arrangements round this effectively do not think financial effect of fewer ST holders will be major though.
    This might be the case for cat b games but I think for cat A games some of the new east will be given over to the visitors. It makes economic sense. I see cat b seasons only from the middle up towards the south stand. If the board are not looking at this then I am really disappointed and think they are missing a trick. The Yams might not take up the full allocation but the uglies certainly would.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This might be the case for cat b games but I think for cat A games some of the new east will be given over to the visitors. It makes economic sense. I see cat b seasons only from the middle up towards the south stand. If the board are not looking at this then I am really disappointed and think they are missing a trick. The Yams might not take up the full allocation but the uglies certainly would.
    I dont think so, we will have season ticket holders in all parts.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont think so, we will have season ticket holders in all parts.
    Daft IMO. We will never fill all three stands for games until we are competing at the very top end of the league. We are gonna have huge spaces that could have bums on seats and money going into the coffers.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    The plans do show segregation down the middle of the east

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Daft IMO. We will never fill all three stands for games until we are competing at the very top end of the league. We are gonna have huge spaces that could have bums on seats and money going into the coffers.
    I'm not sure there are any clubs now, who will bring more than the 3500 the south stand holds. Unless its one of the bigots near the end of the season, going for a championship. Hopefully we are building the stand, to fill with the team were are going to build in the next few seasons.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    It will end up with them in beside us anyway if the demand is there from the uglies, only trouble is there will be no segregation.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft

Tell you what Radge - knowing how peed off you were just a couple off weeks ago - that is a superb post.

I'm definitely renewing.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    good post HR and reminds us of the positives at the club, fingers crossed for European football next season

I hope we can get a decent pitch by then..you'd think we shared the ground with a rugby team....or a potato farmer

Anyone with your number of posts that doesn't know we're getting a new pitch obviously never reads the threads!

"So are you gonna buy a season ticket this season?"

"Nah, don't think so, the team's goin' naewhere and it's an awfy lot o' money tae shell out, what wi' higher bills tae pay an' a' that"

"Hibs have made a couple of appropriate signings"

"Well, there is that"

"And you do realise they'll be getting knocked out of the Europa League in midsummer by some unknown Albanian side (not that your season ticket'll get you into this game)?"

"Whit? Tell me more"

"Plus the pitch'll be wider"

"Och ye've talked me roond - I'm definitely buyin' a season ticket noo....."

Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    Well spotted. I see they have also increased the amount of turnstiles and added an extra bookies stall. Also see they have moved the camera placements lower centre, added camera positions upper to mirror the west placements as well as adding the segregation partition.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Even if our stadium isn't full we should still get similar attendances (or better) than those of Aberdeen who have 21,000 seater stadium. I mean Pittodrie never looks jam packed but it doesn't look too bad either, even half full. As long as we don't get to a Killie fans-Rugby Park ratio then we shouldn't be worrying too much about empty seats.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_07 View Post
    Well spotted. I see they have also increased the amount of turnstiles and added an extra bookies stall. Also see they have moved the camera placements lower centre, added camera positions upper to mirror the west placements as well as adding the segregation partition.
    Im guessing you will be able to enter the east from the south side.?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    Is that not a FIFA requirement??? The stadium will then be able to be used for International games, Tournaments etc.

I've renewed already

Old Firm fans in the East, **** that. The allocation they get is plenty.

You may get 2000 extra huns, but by doing that you'll lose a good few Hibbys. Naebody wants to go to a home game with 6000 huns there.

Give them the away end and thats their lot. They can shove there extra income.

If the board are building this stand with the mindset off giving half of it away to oppossing fans 4 games a season, then the club is being run by the wrong people.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I'll be renewing and hopefully moving to the East Stand.

Those of us aged 30+ will remember away fans being given the south end of the old Stand and the enclosure underneath. If we struggle to sell STs and the gates go down, I can see the south end of the West Stand being given up to away fans again.

The only circumstances in which I could see us selling 16500 tickets is for a big European night or if we are pushing for a Champions League place/title win! Here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Old Firm fans in the East, **** that. The allocation they get is plenty.

You may get 2000 extra huns, but by doing that you'll lose a good few Hibbys. Naebody wants to go to a home game with 6000 huns there.

Give them the away end and thats their lot. They can shove there extra income.

If the board are building this stand with the mindset off giving half of it away to oppossing fans 4 games a season, then the club is being run by the wrong people.
    So you wouldn't welcome the extra 250k or so a season to spend on the park then?

So you wouldn't welcome the extra 250k or so a season to spend on the park then?
    Nope, they can ram it!

Where does it stop? After they get 6k, do we give them 8k, then give them 10000 tickets?

If I had it my way i'd do what they do in Europe. Despite grounds being empty give the away team 800 tickets in the worst section you can find!

I shall be getting my first season ticket in about 12 years next year. The football of late has been a bit rank, but we have been a LOT worse than this!! Christ, we are fourth in the league and have a great chance of Europa qualification, not to shabby. Can't wait to see the completed stadium too.
    :notworthy:

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Nope, they can ram it!

Where does it stop? After they get 6k, do we give them 8k, then give them 10000 tickets?

If I had it my way i'd do what they do in Europe. Despite grounds being empty give the away team 800 tickets in the worst section you can find!
    I am glad there is forward thiners running the club then. Your view is rather blinkered to say the least. Once we get it right on the park and are able to fill the stadium full of Hibs fans is time enough to give them the minimum like they do with us.
    All in my opinion of course.

I am glad there is forward thiners running the club then. Your view is rather blinkered to say the least. Once we get it right on the park and are able to fill the stadium full of Hibs fans is time enough to give them the minimum like they do with us.
    All in my opinion of course.
    to allow opposition fans into our new Stand,would be a terrible decision,a slap in the face to East standers!"

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    No chance