hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have had enough

John Collins - Not good enough - apparently

Mixu Paatelainen - Not good enough - apparently

John Hughes - Not good enough - apparently

So, is there any mortal human being who is?

Or is this club (and more to the point, its supporters) just totally incapable of being satisfied with anyone?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PapillonVert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Or is this club (and more to the point, its supporters) just totally incapable of being satisfied with anyone?
    Well said!

Blog Entries
    5,000 fans and 4,000 backseat managers,the latter would have difficulty lacing a pair of football boots,then finding there ar*e to scratch it

(the numbers are "for example",before the pedants step in !)

@hibs.net private member

Maybe its a case of these managers dont really have much experience of managing a club the size of hibs with the expectations. IMO, they dont have the experience. Look at Dundee Utd, they had Craig Levein who was experienced and left the club in good shape, Motherwell are playing well now because they have a well experienced manager, Hearts are playing better now than they did under Shabba, they have an experienced manager. A club like Hibs, who have expectations of playing in europe every season need a manager who is experienced in taking a club to these heights, or at least a manager who has been an assistant at a club that has done this. We shouldnt be picking up managers who have little experience, managed lower league clubs, or managers that have managed clubs that were going no where. Yes every now and again you may pick up a manager that can do this from little experience, but its a gamble, and for me, its a gamble I dont want happening at my club, where each in experienced manager wastes money signing players that cant cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    5,000 fans and 4,000 backseat managers,the latter would have difficulty lacing a pair of football boots,then finding there ar*e to scratch it

(the numbers are "for example",before the pedants step in !)
    A translation into English would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Maybe its a case of these managers dont really have much experience of managing a club the size of hibs with the expectations. IMO, they dont have the experience. Look at Dundee Utd, they had Craig Levein who was experienced and left the club in good shape, Motherwell are playing well now because they have a well experienced manager, Hearts are playing better now than they did under Shabba, they have an experienced manager. A club like Hibs, who have expectations of playing in europe every season need a manager who is experienced in taking a club to these heights, or at least a manager who has been an assistant at a club that has done this. We shouldnt be picking up managers who have little experience, managed lower league clubs, or managers that have managed clubs that were going no where. Yes every now and again you may pick up a manager that can do this from little experience, but its a gamble, and for me, its a gamble I dont want happening at my club, where each in experienced manager wastes money signing players that cant cut it.
    Suggest an experienced manager that Hibs could afford then?

And, who do you think Yogi has spent money on that will be binned because they're not good enough?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Suggest an experienced manager that Hibs could afford then?

And, who do you think Yogi has spent money on that will be binned because they're not good enough?
    I would happily take Craig Brown, I also thought hibs may have had a try and get Levein at some point before he took the scotland job. I would also take Mogga back. I think Cregg , anyone of the 3 keepers brought in and Gow could quite well be binned should a new manager come in.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    you suggest hearts are playing better under jeffries then go on to suggest you wouldn't take a manager who has been managing a club going nowhere, wtf are kilmarnock

hughes is hardly inexperienced given that he kept falkirk in the SPL, after bringing them up there, for a number of years.

i wonder if there's an interweb forum equivalent to the phrase "sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than opening it and removing all doubt"
    Last edited by degenerated; 02-04-2010 at 09:39 PM.

What experience has the current D Utd. guy[QUOTE=hibs13681;2414510]Maybe its a case of these managers dont really have much experience of managing a club the size of hibs with the expectations. IMO, they dont have the experience. Look at Dundee Utd, they had Craig Levein who was experienced and left the club in good shape, Motherwell are playing well now because they have a well experienced manager, Hearts are playing better now than they did under Shabba, they have an experienced manager. A club like Hibs, who have expectations of playing in europe every season need a manager who is experienced in taking a club to these heights, or at least a manager who has been an assistant at a club that has done this. We shouldnt be picking up managers who have little experience, managed lower league clubs, or managers that have managed clubs that were going no where. Yes every now and again you may pick up a manager that can do this from little experience, but its a gamble, and for me, its a gamble I dont want happening at my club, where each in experienced manager wastes money signing players that cant cut it.[/QUO

So experience is an absolute guarantee of success? Bobby Williamson?

Our best performance in recent years was under a total rookie manager, i.e Mowbray.

bring back Ned. seriously though,you can never please some on here.I'm totally pissed off and have been for a fortnight since we got beat in Dingwall but after thinking about it over the last day or so,the problems are not all down to our present manager. we've had some players since the Dunfy exit in the semi-final,that canny go the extra mile to get us into finals or win crucial games when we as fans expect to win. no one has a right to win,just because they are a supposed much bigger club than the opposition I can go back to games like Ayr,Livi,Dunfermline,D.utd,etc all at Ham,pden when we were firm favs,to win but we didn't. we always seem to be plagued by a few in each team that canny play as expected,or just raise their game to get there.would not blame any of those managers for the failures. our current crop has some f/kin time wasters,which has left the manager to face the wrath of the fans.

I would happily take Craig Brown, I also thought hibs may have had a try and get Levein at some point before he took the scotland job. I would also take Mogga back. I think Cregg , anyone of the 3 keepers brought in and Gow could quite well be binned should a new manager come in.
    The appointment of Craig Brown would not have been seen as a step forward by most Hibs fans IMO.

As for Levein, you're dreaming if you think he would've left Utd for Hibs.

Cregg's deal runs out at the end of the season, Gow is on loan and the only keeper leaving will be Maka IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    you suggest hearts are playing better under jeffries then go on to suggest you wouldn't take a manager who has been managing a club going nowhere, wtf are kilmarnock

hughes is hardly inexperienced given that he kept falkirk in the SPL, after bringing them up there, for a number of years.

i wonder if there's an interweb forum equivalent to the phrase "sometimes it's better to keep you mouth shut and appear stupid to opening and removing all doubt"
    Did Jeffires win a trophy with hearts, did he take them to europe? Yes hughes is experienced at fighting relegation, different pressures and different expectations at a club with ambitions of playing europe every season. I would rather a manager learns his trade at some other club than hibs.

If you have any ambition you would see that if Hibs want to be in europe every season they need an manager that is experienced at the correct end of the league! Going by what you have said you would be happy with a manager that managed not to get relegated.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    The appointment of Craig Brown would not have been seen as a step forward by most Hibs fans IMO.

As for Levein, you're dreaming if you think he would've left Utd for Hibs.

Cregg's deal runs out at the end of the season, Gow is on loan and the only keeper leaving will be Maka IMO.
    Are we paying wages for these players? Yes! Why wouldnt Levein have left Utd for Hibs? bigger club!

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    bring back Ned. seriously though,you can never please some on here.I'm totally pissed off and have been for a fortnight since we got beat in Dingwall but after thinking about it over the last day or so,the problems are not all down to our present manager. we've had some players since the Dunfy exit in the semi-final,that canny go the extra mile to get us into finals or win crucial games when we as fans expect to win. no one has a right to win,just because they are a supposed much bigger club than the opposition I can go back to games like Ayr,Livi,Dunfermline,D.utd,etc all at Ham,pden when we were firm favs,to win but we didn't. we always seem to be plagued by a few in each team that canny play as expected,or just raise their game to get there.would not blame any of those managers for the failures. our current crop has some f/kin time wasters,which has left the manager to face the wrath of the fans.

Blog Entries
    ok

there seems to be "x" amount of "fans",who "support " Hibs,through thick and thin.(with me so far?)

then there are "y" amount of moaning "I could do better" gits....these are the ones i intimated,could Not take a pair of footwear(used for football)and tie the laces on the aforementioned apperell.

Also these "moaning gits",finding themselves in charge of a scratchy bottom,wouldn't have the savvy to alleviate the problem !

I'm on your side doll
    Last edited by jabis; 02-04-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: gender malfunction

Are we paying wages for these players? Yes! Why wouldnt Levein have left Utd for Hibs? bigger club!

So are you now suggesting that we shouldn't have squad players at all then?

Cregg has been back up and was signed on a short contract so we won't need to pay him off if we want to get rid. Gow is on loan and its hardly Yogi's fault that he got injured. Maka is not one of Yogi's signings.

Levein was on the board at Utd and had built up a team over 3 seasons challenging at the right end of the table. Hibs could not afford him and he would not have come.

who was the captain of Ayr United when they beat us in a LC semi-final ?who was the manager of Falkirk last year in the SC final?
    Last edited by monktonharp; 02-04-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: mistake regarding ayr captain/manger

and a step ladder for yourself to get down from the intellectual high ground you appear to be taking, maybe disagree but personal insults are not required and make yourself look foolish.

Excuse me but its my personal hate.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Did Jeffires win a trophy with hearts, did he take them to europe? Yes hughes is experienced at fighting relegation, different pressures and different expectations at a club with ambitions of playing europe every season. I would rather a manager learns his trade at some other club than hibs.

If you have any ambition you would see that if Hibs want to be in europe every season they need an manager that is experienced at the correct end of the league! Going by what you have said you would be happy with a manager that managed not to get relegated.
    hughes took falkirk to europe or are you just writing that off?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    our current crop has some f/kin time wasters,which has left the manager to face the wrath of the fans.
    I have wondered for some time if the root of the trouble at Hibs is in the dressing room. Is there an ethos there which even someone as strong as Yogi can't get rid of?

TBH, if Yogi can't be successful at ER then I really wonder if anyone can.
    Last edited by PapillonVert; 02-04-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    and a step ladder for yourself to get down from the intellectual high ground you appear to be taking, maybe disagree but personal insults are not required and make yourself look foolish.

I was agreeing with her,I have read the op again,and she clearly asks about the supporters being hard to please !

Have read my original post again,not that difficult to follow....maybe it's just my sense of humour !
    Last edited by jabis; 02-04-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: gender malfuntion

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    All right, I'll give it a go.

Is it "Green Butterfly"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post

I agree with you. And I apologise if I came across as high handed. It wasn't intended as a personal insult. But please explain how I can respond to a post if I don't understand what's being said in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

Is it "Green Butterfly"?
    Oui!

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    I was agreeing with him,I have read the op again,and he clearly asks about the supporters being hard to please !

Have read my original post again,not that difficult to follow....maybe it's just my sense of humour !
    I followed your original post Wonder what that says about me

ps The OP is a lady - like moi

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post

Is it "Green Butterfly"?
    See you auld yin you need to post more. You make me laugh and are becoming one of my favourite posters.
    Last edited by greenlex; 02-04-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Remind me of the level of experience Mogga had when he took us into Europe? The ONLY club he's taken into Europe. And let's not talk about Zibi, Simon Brown, Rudge, Konte, Konde ......

Levein come to Hibs .... don't make me laugh!

As for Craig Brown ...... dull, boring, colourless, unadventurous, helped Andy Roxburgh to destroy the passion of the Tartan Army AND has been pretty rank at almost evey club he's managed. He's had a tiny wee purple patch at M'Well with players he didn't even sign, half of whom will be gone back to wherever they are on loan from next season.

The day we appoint someone like Craig Brown as manager is the day I hand my season ticket back.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar

Jose Mourinho?

Seriously though, Opinions, thats what football's all about and thats why we all love the debate, we're all the greatest managers in the world, we all think we can do it better, but i think if it came to the crunch there are not many who would last 2 weeks actually doing it.

Rome was'nt built in a day n' all that.

in yogi I trust (for now anyway) :notworthy:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    I followed your original post Wonder what that says about me

ps The OP is a lady - like moi

oops

where's the edit boutton !

there's a paradox here. the only quality of manager some of our support demand is such that when we do eventually land him, he'll be away not long after we've realised he's the one.

eg, without our poor form post-xmas, Yogi himself would be off to Celtic right now.

we got two and a bit years out of Mowbray. if he'd not been brand new to management he'd probably of been away sooner.

we are having a better than historically average season, when we were finishing 8th 9th and 10th under Blobby there was still a lot of support for the guy (hard to believe today but there was at the time). i suppose it shows how far we've come that expectations are that high.