hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like Music When The Lights Go Out. Pete often opens his solo shows with it too.

Arbeit Macht Frei should've and probably could've been longer. What a great wee tune, pity it's barely a few minutes long. Same applies to Narcissist.
    Yes, my favourite of the Libertines slower numbers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I'd have Sedative and Unbilotitled up there with my top Doherty songs.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post
    I'd have Sedative and Unbilotitled up there with my top Doherty songs.
    If we're discussing his solo material now, i'll raise you You're My Waterloo (yes a Libertines track, though rarely performed by the band, written by Peter, regularly performed by Peter), and I Am The Rain.

I love the Babyshambles acoustic numbers, notablely Albion and Lost Art Of Murder. Beutiful songs and awesome live
    Last edited by .Sean.; 08-07-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Coaching Staff
    If we're discussing his solo material now, i'll raise you You're My Waterloo (yes a Libertines track, though rarely performed by the band, written by Peter, regularly performed by Peter), and I Am The Rain.

I love the Babyshambles acoustic numbers, notablely Albion and Lost Art Of Murder. Beutiful songs and awesome live
    To be fair, every Libs song is played more by Peter than the band! Waterloo is defo a Libs track and is up there with Breckland Road Lover.

Btw, if you like Arbeit Macht Frei you should check out Mayday. Think it's on the What a Waster EP. And if you're into the acoustic stuff the the HQ Sessions and the Freewheelin sessions are for you!
    Aslo, I'm sure that other than the first verse, I Am The Rain was written by someone from The Bandits?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storar View Post
    To be fair, every Libs song is played more by Peter than the band! Waterloo is defo a Libs track and is up there with Breckland Road Lover.

Btw, if you like Arbeit Macht Frei you should check out Mayday. Think it's on the What a Waster EP. And if you're into the acoustic stuff the the HQ Sessions and the Freewheelin sessions are for you!
    Aslo, I'm sure that other than the first verse, I Am The Rain was written by someone from The Bandits?
    Yep, i've more than one copy of Mayday mate.

Reading this thread earlier got me in the mood for listening to some early demos/B-sides... Forgot just how good the vast majority of them are. Especially Skag & Bone Man, Hooligans on E (acoustic version), Breck Road Lover and Never Never. I've got a fair few of the rareish ones. Some of them don't even have Powell on drums, it's Steve Duffour I believe.

Coaching Staff
    Yep, i've more than one copy of Mayday mate.

Reading this thread earlier got me in the mood for listening to some early demos/B-sides... Forgot just how good the vast majority of them are. Especially Skag & Bone Man, Hooligans on E (acoustic version), Breck Road Lover and Never Never. I've got a fair few of the rareish ones. Some of them don't even have Powell on drums, it's Steve Duffour I believe.
    Powell came in late so there's quite a few older tracks with different drummers. Infact anything from before the Rough Trade days will be! Think you're meaning Paul Dufour though AKA Mr Razzcocks. Steve was the original singer

I'm off to see the boys in the band tomorrow at the Forum in Kentish town - anyone else get lucky in the ballot?

8 years or so after first gettin into the Libs I'm finally gonna see Pigface and Carlos together, cannot f#ckin wait!! Seen them separately abt 20 times, saw the Libs at T minus Peter but this will be the first with a full complement. In a 2,000 capacity venue aswell, worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'm off to see the boys in the band tomorrow at the Forum in Kentish town - anyone else get lucky in the ballot?

8 years or so after first gettin into the Libs I'm finally gonna see Pigface and Carlos together, cannot f#ckin wait!! Seen them separately abt 20 times, saw the Libs at T minus Peter but this will be the first with a full complement. In a 2,000 capacity venue aswell, worth the wait!
    My 2 mates are in Kendish town tonight watching them, Gutted.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Sickening, it's going to be awesome and I'm so jealous!

Not to worry, I bought my day ticket for Leeds to go see Biggles and Bilo (just realised how gay that is) and can't wait!
    32 hour round trip to go see my favourite band, it's gonna be brutal!