hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Still behind Yogi?

Well are you?

I am, 9 months into the job and CAN still finish 3rd, underachieving cup runs but we can't expect the finished article 9 months down the line.

He has made some great signings in Stokes, Miller, McBride and IMO the two goalies.

Still look on for qualifying for europe next season and if someone had offered me that at the start of the season i wouldn't hesitate to say no.

I understand the need for change, but i personally believe that this is within the squad not the management, and i believe that Yogi will address this in the next couple transfer windows.

He has not once said he would fulfil his ambitions for Hibs in his first season, to do so would be foolish, but i am very optimistic that he can take us to the third force in Scotland in the next couple years and look forward to some outings at Hampden along the way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, in Yogi I trust.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Re: Still behind Yogi?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee92
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well are you?

I am, 9 months into the job and CAN still finish 3rd, underachieving cup runs but we can't expect the finished article 9 months down the line.

He has made some great signings in Stokes, Miller, McBride and IMO the two goalies.

Still look on for qualifying for europe next season and if someone had offered me that at the start of the season i wouldn't hesitate to say no.

I understand the need for change, but i personally believe that this is within the squad not the management, and i believe that Yogi will address this in the next couple transfer windows.

He has not once said he would fulfil his ambitions for Hibs in his first season, to do so would be foolish, but i am very optimistic that he can take us to the third force in Scotland in the next couple years and look forward to some outings at Hampden along the way.

We will finish 6th.

Tonight was murder. He's lost or is losing that dressing room too.

3 up front on the half way line. The midget midfield. John Effin Rankin.

Left by mutual consent! Disco Dave's Avatar
    100% behind him, starting to think Hibs fans are probably the biggest group of greeting faced wee bairns I've ever came across

Blog Entries
    On balance I think it would probably be too hasty to get rid of Hughes just now. Having said that I can't see where our next win between now and the end of the season is going to come from. I think Hughes should get till Christmas and if there is no improvement in results and performance he should get the bullet.

Escaped relegation with Falkirk by a baw hair. Has grasped 4th place from the jaws of 3rd with remarkable ease.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he was the right man for the job but he doesnt seem to be getting anything out of the players at the moment, and his fetish with 4-3-3 is crazy! If it was just one or two players not performing then you could out it down to those players, but when the whole team is playing this badly you need to start looking at the manager.

His starting tactics are suspect and the changes he makes during a game, IMO, give us even less of a chance of turning things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
    100% behind him, starting to think Hibs fans are probably the biggest group of greeting faced wee bairns I've ever came across
    spot on mate

yogi has said his target is challenging for 3rd, we all accepted this and we are doing this, honestly we could win the league and scottish and we'd still whinge about the league cup

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    Well are you?

100% behind him like I said on another thread you can only p#ss with the cock you have got and he has made some good signings. He really needs to make some changes though to save his job. Transfer list Rankin, Hogg and a few others that are not up to the grade.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    CLUELESS!!

bad formation, crap starting 11, gash subs....

Business end of the season.
    You've had many months to get your team organised.

Yet, we are thumped by UTD in a 'most of important match of the season' game,
    Emptied out the cup by a 1st Div team, in a 'big game' to get over the derby, which was really distressing.

All in all, to see things fall apart like this, shows he's probably not got it.

Think he deserves another season, but see more lows than highs again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    On balance I think it would probably be too hasty to get rid of Hughes just now. Having said that I can't see where our next win between now and the end of the season is going to come from. I think Hughes should get till Christmas and if there is no improvement in results and performance he should get the bullet.
    I think Christmas is the wrong time to get rid of a manager, it doesnt give enough time for the club to find a new manager then let that manager buy and sell. The new manager will then have half a season to use a duff team. What worries me about the situation with Yogi is that all the things we thought he would be good at, he doesnt seem to be. We thought he would be able to introduce a bit of fight, confidence, heart and gel a team. As the season has gone on it seems that he has had the opposite effect. He talked about rebuilding, which is fair enough, but I would still expect the team to play to the best of their abilities, right now we are well below that.

spot on mate

yogi has said his target is challenging for 3rd, we all accepted this and we are doing this, honestly we could win the league and scottish and we'd still whinge about the league cup
    Open your eyes!

Slow, predictable, mince players and garbage football.

You keep happy clapping though.

Simple question - will we sell more or less STs next season than we did this? Take your time.

A wee bad run would that be 10 games, he is clueless he finally makes the 442 formation but why keep players like Nish, Rankin, Stevenson, Hogg on the pitch, he doesn't know when to make changes, and when he finally does make a change it's a midfielder for a forward leaving us short in midfield, it swhould have been a straight swap Nish for Stokes.

The way we are going you will be lucky if we stay in 4th place for long.

Against him never the right man

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Business end of the season.
    You've had many months to get your team organised.

Yet, we are thumped by UTD in a 'most of important match of the season' game,
    Emptied out the cup by a 1st Div team, in a 'big game' to get over the derby, which was really distressing.

All in all, to see things fall apart like this, shows he's probably not got it.

Think he deserves another season, but see more lows than highs again.
    Nae need for that! There's nae probably about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Open your eyes!

Simple question - will we sell more or less STs next season than we did this? Take your time.
    you're talking like the season is finished, i firmly believe we can finish 3rd or 4th so we will be in europe next season, and in this case i can see us selling more season tickets

What good are you doing just having a go at every opportunity? Take your time.

Open your eyes!

Exactly mate too many "Happy Clappers" on here still thinking things will change it's 10 games since a win and it's only going to get worse.

Well, we're not challenging for 3rd anymore in a league that could be classed as one of the poorest in a long time while we have a team which inludes the likes of Riordan, Stokes, Miller etc.
    Yogi doesn't have a successful plan B as has often been stated, a worrying matter of fact. He's been out thought tonight by Dundee Utd's 2nd choice Manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Starting to worry about him.. The season is going down the pan and still the same system and tactics are being played every week.. Now is the time where good managers earn there money and make changes to combat a slide like the one we are in just now...

We could've finished 3rd this time last season aswell

Anyone thats backing Hughes needs to take their heads oot the sand. He's ****ing useless!! Absulutely NO improvement than last season.

Yogi, do us a favour and fk off!

spot on mate

EXACTAMUNDO !!!! All the posters who quoted ' In Yogi we trust' please give him time. He is not on some sort of one-man-mission from Yamland to destroy us, he know's what's wrong; he will sort it. I dreaded what might happen when we scored early on and it came to pass, but we have nothing to gain by losing a manager who knows exactly how we will be feeling and hurting right now. IN YOGI I TRUST. GGTTH.

I think we will maybe just come in at maybe 500 or so less st's next season than this season,
    I think despite how poorly we are playing i think the 10month payment plan will attract alot of ppl.

Am i a happy clappyer then?

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    I was going to post this in the thread Should Yogi stay or go, but i'll post it here instead.

I think that Yogi needs time, Dundee United have, as many folk have pointed out, built there team up over several seasons under Levein, Houston has inherited a very strong side from Craig and has got them playing well and has instilled a winning mentality and a never say die attitude. I think Yogi given time can do the same things as Levein, since Mogga we have had 3 managers in 4 years. John Collins was a very good manager, it is a pity we lost him, all because the board wouldn't give him cash to spend, but really we have been keeping cash so we can build a new east stand, have the most modern and up to date stadia in Scotland and one with some of the best views in the country. Yogi has had cash to spend and has brought us the likes of Stokes and Miller both of these players have been absolute steals, well worth whatever amount of money we have spent on them with regards to wages and transfer fees. Fair enough there are players not pulling their weight and they will probably be sold on if they do not improve their performances. All is NOT lost, we still have a chance of Europe albeit not with a 3rd place finish, a 4th place finish will be good for me, we still get a shot at Europe, all we need to do is play a qualifying round and then the 1st round proper in order to get into the group stages and if we can do well in the group stages I'll be very happy. So rather than all jumping on Yogi's back and telling him he's not good enough, get behind the team and support them, who knows United may falter in their coming matches and we may win a few games, we still have to play them again at Tannadice remember, if we get behind the team in the coming matches we may once again have a shot at 3rd. I do agree that the loss to Ross County was a dissapointment, but after the first time round, I had a sneaking suspicion that we would not get to the Semis. So get behind Yogi and the team and roar us on into Europe! Give Yogi time and he will bring the goods!

GGTTH

you're talking like the season is finished, i firmly believe we can finish 3rd or 4th so we will be in europe next season, and in this case i can see us selling more season tickets

Close the door on your way out

After Ross County I thought he deserved until Christmas at least but now I'm not so sure. After every Brent style motivational interview I read I get more peeved, he's all cock with no jizz.

Even Mixu got us to top six twice and it was fairly clear early on we were going nowhere fast under him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SalfordHibs View Post

Exactly mate too many "Happy Clappers" on here still thinking things will change it's 10 games since a win and it's only going to get worse.

whats that thing you check the oil level in the car called again ?

Quote Originally Posted by SalfordHibs View Post
    Close the door on your way out
    So we're sitting 4th and you don't think we can finish 4th? You, sir are a t1t

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quite worried. What concerns me is that a team with players like Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Murray and a few others should never finish any lower than 4th in this league.

Couldn't see any other manager in the SPL right now underachieving as much with our squad...

It's very simple we won't finish 3rd or 4th.

I'll happily donate money to charity if we do.

However we won't sell more STs cos his team and his fitba is honkin. Utterly awful to watch with some terrible players. But boy can he talk a good game. He must be getting very used to having to do that.

Yogi needs to sort this our very quickly!