hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixu era again

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Jelloun View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Where?

Looked more like a 4-2-2-2 to me if anything. A more shapeless 4-4-2 you will never see.

You can't stick 4 central midfielders in midfield.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Jelloun View Post
    Comedy value, i never got to see much comedy over the festival last year.

Hibs are certainly making right up for that just now, some comedy performances.

4-4-2?

Where?

Looked more like a 4-2-2-2 to me if anything. A more shapeless 4-4-2 you will never see.
    I don't like jumping on the bandwagon of slagging managers (I prefer slagging the Board before anybody jumps in with that one), but seriously you've just nailed it re the "shape" of the team.

Late on from my seat in the West Stand I heard Gary Kenneth shout "keep our shape" after he'd won his umpteenth header. Mind you it's easy to win headers when you're 6'5" and simply head it the way you're facing all night, and never have a forward trying to turn you, or having to turn to face a ball that's cut back from wide.

But there's the rub...we don't have a semblance of shape to our side and have absolultely no width at all, apart from when Ian Murray gets forward, but you cannot expect him to deliver telling crosses time after time.

...& that's what bugs me about the present manager and his predecessor - a stubborn refusal to change things, especially when he has a laddie on the bench who may not turn out to be a world-beater, but has pace, can cross the ball, and has contributed something positive every time he's came on - why is the manager so reluctant to use him?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jc_hibby View Post
    as it says on the tin

anyone
    MIxu MKII IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dave View Post
    Can one of the admins launch this wee fanny please?
    why? because you dinnae like his opinion? Maybe you could ask the admin tae launch me for having an opinion that disnae suit yours, I doubt it would work though.

blip hasn't been 3-4 months it's been 2.

As said we can all roll of results. Was Celtic 1 Hibs 2, Rangers 1 Hibs 1, Hibs 5 Hamilton 1, Aberdeen 0 Hibs 2 just minor lifts?

February and March have been extremely poor with just 3 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats. Bottom half form.

Yet somehow we're still 4th and we're still only 10 points behind Celtic for crying out loud. We may not have all agreed with Yogi's tactics throughout the season that had us challenging but if they won us points then, they can do it again.

I've said it many times, I think the pitches have played a huge part in our struggle of late and now it's a combination of that, lack of confidence and the fans getting right on their back.

Chill out and look at the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    There's no doubt that there are problems, but I actually thought we played a bit better tonight than we have done in months, more bite & a bit more footie.
    Wasn't good enough, but I don't see the point in all the wrist-cutting.
    Don't think DU were on top until after they scored their third goal & until then we had chances that we should have taken - Nish twice & Riordan - which could have changed the game entirely.
    We need to take a collective chill pill; rightly or wrongly, Yogi will be given time to sort things out, so we need to go on supporting the team. After DU scored their second there were fans f'n & blinding until they could barely speak, most of whom upped & left after the third. Without getting into another uber fan to the end debate, I'm not sure that this helps the players.
    I go to every Hibs game expecting to win, & I'm always gutted when we lose, but apoplexy ain't good for you.
    GG
    Likewise I thought that Hibs looked better tonight than for a while. Dundee United are a good team and deserved to win.

I find it amazing that the happy clappers come on here and try to defend the indefensible and then have the cheek to turn around and slate the guys who are stating the OBVIOUS negatives, which are on show to anyone and his dug.
    Anyone can see the Mixuesque mammoth (beginners) mistakes being made by a manager, whom at the moment seems Waaaaaaaaayyyyyy out his depth. I am willing to give him the summer to build a team, but dont hold your breath for any drastic changes, and dont say "We didnt tell you so"

As for pitches..two teams have to play on the same pitch,and it was pretty obvious to anyone and his dug again that D.Utd would turn us over.Lets hope hertz dont catch us.
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 01-04-2010 at 07:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I find it amazing that the happy clappers come on here and try to defend the indefensible and then have the cheek to turn around and slate the guys who are stating the OBVIOUS negatives, which are on show to anyone and his dug.
    Anyone can see the Mixuesque mammoth (beginners) mistakes being made by a manager, whom at the moment seems Waaaaaaaaayyyyyy out his depth. I am willing to give him the summer to build a team, but dont hold your breath for any drastic changes, and dont say "We didnt tell you so"

As for pitches..two teams have to play on the same pitch,and it was pretty obvious to anyone and his dug again that D.Utd would turn us over.Lets hope hertz dont catch us.
    And I find it offensive that anybody who tries to take a balanced view of things gets labelled with the "Happy clapper" nonsense.

My balanced view? At the start of the new season, would I have taken the following WITH A NEW MANAGER:-

1. being in the fight for third place until the end of March.

2. being in the QF of the Cup.

3. being in the fight for Europe after the split.

4. finishing 10-ish points ahead of the Hearts

5. being inconsistent, whilst on occasion playing some excellent football

Would I? Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post

You can't stick 4 central midfielders in midfield.

SennaFabregas XaviIniestaSeems to work fine for spain, our players are nowhere near as good as them obviously but that is utter nonsense saying you cant stick four cenral midfielders in midfield i'v seen lots of teams do it lately actually, chelsea went with mikel essien ballack and lampard, inter with cambiasso zanneti motta and sneijder. so clearly you can put 4 central midfielders in midfield. It's about having player that are good enough and rankin and stevenson just aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStokeprano View Post
    SennaFabregas XaviIniestaSeems to work fine for spain, our players are nowhere near as good as them obviously but that is utter nonsense saying you cant stick four cenral midfielders in midfield i'v seen lots of teams do it lately actually, chelsea went with mikel essien ballack and lampard, inter with cambiasso zanneti motta and sneijder. so clearly you can put 4 central midfielders in midfield. It's about having player that are good enough and rankin and stevenson just aren't.
    Fair enough.

Compare Hibs to Inter, Chelsea and Spain.

The reason it works for these teams is they have players who can create and score goals and mainly because they have full backs who can bomb down the wings to provide the width.

Who out of Rankin, Stevenson, Cregg and Miller can you see bagging twenty goals a season like Lampard or Fabregas? Or creating as many chances as Xavi or Essien? Hibs can't play 4 central midfielders in midfield because we're not good enough to.

Compare it to anyone else in the league, what other SPL team plays 4 central midfielders in midfield? None.

We, as a team, generally lack pace as it is without our LB and RB having to play 2 positions. Fair play to Yogi for trying to change it about and get us playing better but that just never worked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Where's your seat about?
    *Bump*

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    as it says on the tin

anyone

It's a damn shame, it really is - a bit like those old movies of people who thought they had invented flying machines, only to end up in the sea.

so your happy to was a passh team that cany win?

a manager that play's the wrong team formation??

dosent know how to make the right subs???

YOUR HAPPY WITH THAT
    what did he do at falkirk?

honistly why cant jh just say the team are not fit to play?

or even witer on about europe just say no we can this season?

why?

thats ma problem with jh
    When did they get computers in Lynebank anyway?
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 01-04-2010 at 07:35 PM.