hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

racism in the Hibernian support

It seems that it is alive and kicking! I was at the game at Falkirk,and a group of 4 men with a wee laddie along with them,and a thick EAST lOTHIAN accent were making totally unbeleivable remarks about black players on the park, and the first outburst was from the guy who had his 7/8 year old son with him! totally disgusting to hear him say.........Get Intae That Jungle Bunny,and that was referring to the Falkirk striker, Who at that moment was being challenged for a ball by none other than Sol Bamba!!!!! the Hero was sitting right behind me,and wore glasses. IF i'd been 10 years younger i'd have sent him tae the moon,ignorant bastuard!!!!!!!! why are we plagued wi' tits like this? a mate of his said,yer not allowed tae say that ,nudge nudge,which is f/kin more disgusting,and the wee laddie says,which one is the Jungle Bunny Da? DONT EVEN SAY YOU SHOULD HAVE PULLED HIM UP. i' d be in jail now,****' so any of you chaps from East Lothian,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,name and shame!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    What's an East Lothian accent? Is it not just the same as Edinburgh but with a farmer ring to the word 'farmer'?

And East Lothian's a big place, I could find you a lot of men with glasses

But I agree, unacceptable. Problem is, it'll never be wiped out.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Tynecastle always draws out lowlife among our support but I heard a lot of racist shouting there too. The example you give shows how stupid these people really are.

meant to add,on this particular subject that Grant Stott was 3 seats away from me, and hope he comments in tommorow's EEN. I gave that twat behind me the evil eye after his comments ,but i'm sure i'd be as well talking tae the lampost outside ma hoose!

Some years ago at a game v Rangers I heard a Hibs supporter urging one of our players to run past Basile Boli with the words "Skin the ******". The Hibs player he was cheering on was Kevin Harper. Sadly, we have our share of lowlife morons in the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's an East Lothian accent? Is it not just the same as Edinburgh but with a farmer ring to the word 'farmer'?

And East Lothian's a big place, I could find you a lot of men with glasses

But I agree, unacceptable. Problem is, it'll never be wiped out.
    LISTEN BUDDY,I know an East Lothian accent,i'm not trying to say that a'body fae East Lothian is a racist,merely pointing out the fact that they had that accent,and hopefully drawing attention to people from there, that may know who i'm reffering to! your refferance to glasses is rather fllippant too

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Some years ago at a game v Rangers I heard a Hibs supporter urging one of our players to run past Basile Boli with the words "Skin the ******". The Hibs player he was cheering on was Kevin Harper. Sadly, we have our share of lowlife morons in the support.
    heard the same kind of remark at that very game. thought we'd outgrown that pish,but the twats behind me were roughly the same age as me

Fancy reporting him to the police at the time?. Its illegal you see.

Means you don't need to spraff about it 24 hourse late on a message board!

People like you are part of the problem.

Any specky bassa's in East Lothian might want to consider contacts to avoid a mob hit

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post

To probably be told it's your word against his. Then have to sit in front of him for the rest of the game.

I concur with your thoughts on the guy concerned. Next time hopefully he will be turned on by those around him and made to feel not only small but ashamed, just before he gets carted away and given a lifetimes ban. His son is evidently being brought up to be the next generation to carry on where he left off.

alright for you to say that now big man,you dont not how enraged I was at the time and the fact that the ersehole had a bairn wi' him stopped me fae lampin' the c'nut stopped me,also with my mates calming me doon! so dont try and lecture me , I **** feel bad enough about the fact that I didnae gub the **** at the time !

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    LISTEN BUDDY,I know an East Lothian accent,i'm not trying to say that a'body fae East Lothian is a racist,merely pointing out the fact that they had that accent,and hopefully drawing attention to people from there, that may know who i'm reffering to! your refferance to glasses is rather fllippant too
    Easy mate, I think he was havin a laugh rather than havin a go at you!

I must havin been near you cos I seen GS but didnt hear anything like that. Unfortunately our support has a fair few knobs, I've found that out recently at Tynecastle etc.
    I hate the fact that I and probably so many other hibs fans detest that type of behaviour/ignorance/**** and wouldn't accept it being sung by opposition fans, yet we have so many ********s in our own support.

In Scotland are the anti-racists/fascists/bigots in minority? Probably not, yet for some reason we let casual racist remarks by others go and turn a blind eye. We've all heard it somewhere, and by not saying something we've just accepted it! (Thts not a go at you)

Sorry for the post without much of a point but i've had a few Sunday beers!

No we're not. We haven't found the best solution yet, but we aren't the problem. If you don't agree with me please tell us your history in similar situations.

Thats ridiculous!

alright for you to say that now big man,you dont not how enraged I was at the time and the fact that the ersehole had a bairn wi' him stopped me fae lampin' the c'nut stopped me,also with my mates calming me doon! so dont try and lecture me , I **** feel bad enough about the fact that I didnae gub the **** at the time !
    Who's lecturing you wee man?

You didnae even speak to him at the time! Your only course of action was to "lamp" him!!! You only refrained from that becasue he had a bairn wi' him.

You're that daft, that you find it acceptable to assault someone for name calling. You see any irony there

It enraged you that much, you had to say nothing at the game, but put it on Hibs.net a day later

The above is why in my opinion people like you are part of the problem.

Spare us.

No we're not. We haven't found the best solution yet, but we aren't the problem. If you don't agree with me please tell us your history in similar situations.

I was replying to Monktonharp.

Monktonharp, are yo bevvied or something? You've already replied to my post. 5mins from your one quoted here!

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    Thats ridiculous!

Not for me 1two.

Easy mate, I think he was havin a laugh rather than havin a go at you!

I must havin been near you cos I seen GS but didnt hear anything like that. Unfortunately our support has a fair few knobs, I've found that out recently at Tynecastle etc.
    I hate the fact that I and probably so many other hibs fans detest that type of behaviour/ignorance/**** and wouldn't accept it being sung by opposition fans, yet we have so many ********s in our own support.

In Scotland are the anti-racists/fascists/bigots in minority? Probably not, yet for some reason we let casual racist remarks by others go and turn a blind eye. We've all heard it somewhere, and by not saying something we've just accepted it! (Thts not a go at you)

Sorry for the post without much of a point but i've had a few Sunday beers!
    appreciate your comment,and yes, I've had a couple too so i'll try and calm doon a bit but it has been bugging me since Falkirk,and MAYBE i COULD HAVE MADE MORE OF IT AT THE TIMEalthough big Frankie boy seems to think that the likes of me and my comments are irrelevant on this issue.

appreciate your comment,and yes, I've had a couple too so i'll try and calm doon a bit but it has been bugging me since Falkirk,and MAYBE i COULD HAVE MADE MORE OF IT AT THE TIMEalthough big Frankie boy seems to think that the likes of me and my comments are irrelevant on this issue.
    Wow! What a revelation.

Your getting there wee monktie boy

I was replying to Monktonharp.
    You were, but I was sympathising with Monktonharp in being unsure how to deal with the situation. You suggested reporting it to the police, but would they do anything? If they don't what's the alternative?

Not for me 1two.
    So every time you've been in that situation (Which regardless of your age/background you will no doubt have been) you have immediately reported it to the police, Big Frank?

Wow! What a revelation.

Your getting there wee monktie boy
    And you coming across as a right pennis!

You were, but I was sympathising with Monktonharp in being unsure how to deal with the situation. You suggested reporting it to the police, but would they do anything? If they don't what's the alternative?
    The boy will never know if he doesn't tell them!! What would you do if you seen a boy assault another boy? You'd report it?

The alternative?

Moan about it on a computer

So every time you've been in that situation (Which regardless of your age/background you will no doubt have been) you have immediately reported it to the police, Big Frank?
    Nah, 1two.

I bleat about it on a computer.

Nah, 1two.

I bleat about it on a computer.

Monktonharp, are yo bevvied or something? You've already replied to my post. 5mins from your one quoted here!
    Naw Frank,not bevvied or something,had a couple no doubt but as coherant as you,(i think) so,you think people like me that wait 24 hours to make a point are perpetuating the racist problem,that is in our(Hibernian)midst?

And you coming across as a right pennis!
    Resorting to personal insults now 1two

C'mon then, what exactly have I posted on this thread which merits you getting into a state?

As you posted at 12.47, perhaps you've had a few beers - maybe you're fishing for a fight which isn't actually there?