hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Wotherspoon

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Wotherspoon

The young guy has had a great first season but looks as if he is totally burnt out and today was no different. His performances lately have been awful yet Yogi still brings him on early as a sub after Zemmama picked up yet another injury. I think every one in the crowd was expecting Galbraith to come on but for some reason Yogi does not want to play him. It appears he is reluctant to vary from the same old faces week in week out regardless of performances.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    He's definitely in need of a rest.

Can see the mentality behind bringing Wotherspoon on as did not alter the shape at all. I agree the lad has had a fantastic first season but is now looking jaded and needing a rest before any damage is done. I have high hopes for him next season when after the close season he will have been able to recharge the batteries both mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can see the mentality behind bringing Wotherspoon on as did not alter the shape at all. I agree the lad has had a fantastic first season but is now looking jaded and needing a rest before any damage is done. I have high hopes for him next season when after the close season he will have been able to recharge the batteries both mentally and physically.
    only if we can get third, and dont have early qualification games. to play

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    The young lad can be proud of his first season thats for sure,but he deffo needs a rest.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Much as he may need a break, our squad is too thin to give him that luxury.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_adora_el_gallo View Post
    Much as he may need a break, our squad is too thin to give him that luxury.
    I suppose that's the point really. The only alternative is to play left sided players (Rankin, Galbraith) on the right.

I guess that Zemmama may have been put back in too soon (in desperation) to make up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Its nothing to do with him being jaded. He's been struggling for months due to being played out of position, now his confidence is shot to pieces. Bad management.

Wotherspoon has the ability to play at the back or midfield,but he really does need a rest as moving up from the under 19's to the first team is a hell off a jump.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Its nothing to do with him being jaded. He's been struggling for months due to being played out of position, now his confidence is shot to pieces. Bad management.
    Name another player who has moved from their under-19 team last season and then played as many games as he has this season in the first team.

Wilson has played a bit for the Huns, but didn't play before October, and hasn't played when both Weir and Bougherra have been available.

There's a couple of kids at Aberdeen (Fyvie and Pawlett) but they have both had injuries at different points.

Rookie players do get jaded in the last two months because the under-19 season is shorter than a senior season in time and games and is less physically demanding than senior football.

If there was bad management by Yogi in this case it was the failure to sign a right back in January to anticipate this.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 27-03-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Name another player who has moved from their under-19 team last season and then played as many games as he has this season in the first team.

Wilson has played a bit for the Huns, but didn't play before October, and hasn't played when both Weir and Bougherra have been available.

There's a couple of kids at Aberdeen (Fyvie and Pawlett) but they have both had injuries at different points.

Rookie players do get jaded in the last two months because the under-19 season is shorter than a senior season in time and games and is less physically demanding than senior football.

If there was bad management by Yogi in this case it was the failure to sign a right back in January to anticipate this.
    This
    This is how it feels

Yogi was also dealt a bad hand by McCann's continuing problemsOn a brighter note, there have been decent reports of Thicot at right back from today.

My point was that Wotherspoons form dropped dramatically in November after about a dozen games, hardly enough to put it down to being jaded!

I watched this player many times playing in midfield, left-sided at that, and I was very impressed with his play, especially his passing ability. Now he is at the stage where the same player is totally unrecognisable at RB, cant pass the ball- thats down to confidence. I agree it was bad management not signing a RB, but I fear he is compounding this by jeopardising the career of a promising player.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Yogi was also dealt a bad hand by McCann's continuing problemsOn a brighter note, there have been decent reports of Thicot at right back from today.

Wotherspoon can hold his head high. His performance in the first team is the best thing about this season for me.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    [/B]
    Eh? Are you saying that Thicot didn't play well today? OK he's a stop-gap RB but had a fine game today.