hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Hibs v Dundee Utd (pre match thread)

Although D.Utd. are the form team just now, there's not all that much on paper between the two teams. I think Wednesday's game will boil down to how the managers set the teams up and motivate them, plus how they react to the course of events in the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although D.Utd. are the form team just now, there's not all that much on paper between the two teams. I think Wednesday's game will boil down to how the managers set the teams up and motivate them, plus how they react to the course of events in the game.
    Dundee United at this moment in time, sadly, are streets ahead of Hibs in terms of playing as a team full of passion, fight, and self belief. Of course it was good to get a win against Falkirk, but by all accounts it was a typical Hibs backs to the wall job again, at no time did Hibs exert any authority on the game or dictate events. I feel that The Arabs have too much strength for us to cope with and I can only see a victory for them on Wednesday night. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bring them on:notworthy:

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Bring them on:notworthy:
    Wed nite is goni be one of our most important games all season, cos if we win it we put a big dent in their confidence while we boost ours by putting the ropey spell behind us
    WE can all help our team by putting all the negative stuff away for the night, and if one of our players makes a mistake, accept that it happens, and maybe that'll help them on a nervy night for all.

C'mon the Cabbage, we can do it on Wednesday

GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough maximushibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: maximushardonas
    good thing about UTD recent form and results is it change and will change soo why not against hibs at easter road.. have we not already beaten utd this season? why not do it again and get us back to 3rd Go on the hibees:notworthy:
    Last edited by maximushibee; 27-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maximushibee View Post
    good thing about UTD recent form and results is it change and will change soo why not against hibs at easter road.. have we not already beated utd this season? why not do it again and get us back to 3rd Go on the hibees:notworthy:
    No we haven't won against Utd this season

Quote Originally Posted by noseyhibby View Post
    Dundee United at this moment in time, sadly, are streets ahead of Hibs in terms of playing as a team full of passion, fight, and self belief. Of course it was good to get a win against Falkirk, but by all accounts it was a typical Hibs backs to the wall job again, at no time did Hibs exert any authority on the game or dictate events. I feel that The Arabs have too much strength for us to cope with and I can only see a victory for them on Wednesday night. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong.
    Have you ever considered a career as a motivational speaker?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

Isn't that precisely what Hibs have been criticised for in the past, ie folding like a tent when under pressure and giving the opposition the game.

First Team Breakthrough maximushibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: maximushardonas
    my bad drew 1 each and got beat 1 nil.. no time like the present i guess victory wednesday could reshape out season me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Last edited by maximushibee; 27-03-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    1-1 at Easter Road and we lost 1-0 up at Tannadice.

We can do them this time though

First Team Breakthrough Hibby K's Avatar
    Dundee United have a big physical prescence and this is the type of team that Hibs have found very difficult to beat this season.
    This is where we'll find out if we're still a 'soft touch' and easily bullied.
    Definitely a game where ball has to be kept on the ground as we'll not win much in the air.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Have you ever considered a career as a motivational speaker?
    ..........like, eh, Watt Nicol? Try Hector Nicol.

Blog Entries
    We are still a team that seems to play better the better the opposition is...so I reckon we might just get a result...should be a cracker...

If pushed I would say scoring draw is most likley result.

However as posted a day or so back..IF we were to get the next 9 points...suddenly we would be world beaters pushing for second spot

Well thats 3 in the bag

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Think im right in thinking Utd have a pathetic record at ER since 2000, Lets hope that continues.

Wednesday vs Utd

I do hope the Utd love in will have stopped by then. With the way fans are going on at the moment about how wonderful they are and how crap we are we may as well forfeit the game now.

At this rate it isn't going to take much for the fans in the stands to turn against the team on Wednesday night so folk may as well go and sit in the Utd end if they're going to have the same attitude at the game.

Can we perhaps try supporting Hibs on Wednesday night?

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    I do hope the Utd love in will have stopped by then. With the way fans are going on at the moment about how wonderful they are and how crap we are we may as well forfeit the game now.

At this rate it isn't going to take much for the fans in the stands to turn against the team on Wednesday night so folk may as well go and sit in the Utd end if they're going to have the same attitude at the game.

Great post.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Think im right in thinking Utd have a pathetic record at ER since 2000, Lets hope that continues.
    Your right there Andy, since 2000 United's record at ER is

P17 W 2 D 4 L 11

Unfortunately, they are probably the form team in the league at the moment, so it'll be a bloody tough game. Still, a great incentive to win and go back to 3rd.

Coaching Staff
    Motherwell were a form team and got pumped by 10 man United. Here is hoping that the win today, coupled with the fact that the fans will be a bit more positive, will lead to a cheeky wee win for Hibs. Certainly can't give United as many corners as we gave Falkirk today though. Could go either way, hence I will plump for a score draw.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Houston has any tactical savvy...he'll play 4-4-2 with Daly up front to keep Bamba back pinned back with Goodwillie up against Hogg.

For me whatever duo comes out on tops there wins the game.

Coaching Staff
    If I am right, one of their full backs was sent off today, so we should really play with a wee bit width and take advantage of their only real weakness, Kovecevic and whoever they play on the left. They are strong in the middle, and at centre half. Up front they rely on Goodwillie's pace (on the flank sometimes) and a target man in Daly. Makings of a good game IMO

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    If I am right, one of their full backs was sent off today, so we should really play with a wee bit width and take advantage of their only real weakness, Kovecevic and whoever they play on the left. They are strong in the middle, and at centre half. Up front they rely on Goodwillie's pace (on the flank sometimes) and a target man in Daly. Makings of a good game IMO
    Dixon. Shocking challenge and a straight red. Just watching it on Alba. Half time. Motherwell have had their chances it has to be said.
    OH and dont hold your breath for any width in this team Yogi puts out its one of the main faults IMO.

@hibs.net private member

3-2 Hibs.

They have Gomis, Bauben etc in midfield and i am afraid to say without Bamba or Murray in midfield i feel we have no chance, nevertheless, bring them on

Coaching Staff
    It will be like two wee subbuteo teams playing on Wednesday...........Battle of The SPL Hobbits. Whose ring will be able to handle it

Looking forward to the match

This is a massive match and hopefully the 3pts we got today will go a long way to giving the lads alot more confidence for the game.

Cant remember the last time Utd beat us at ER tbh....must have been a while ago.

I predict a draw at worst for us but think we can scrape a narrow win here

Well it's certainly possible that we could get something from this game, but I just think DU at the moment are at pretty well peak form, and IMO they look a good side. I was at the first game against them at ER this season, and contrary to a lot of posters on here, even though we dominated the 1st half and could easily have been more than 1 up at half time, in the second half IMO they were just as dominant. Score draw could well be the outcome here, it's not a game I would consider betting on.

Could do, but nah, I'm going to give it big licks with chants of "UNITED UNITED"

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Could do, but nah, I'm going to give it big licks with chants of "UNITED UNITED"
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Why?
    Meant as a joke. I'll be cheering on the Hibees as usual.:notworthy:

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Meant as a joke. I'll be cheering on the Hibees as usual.:notworthy:

Mon the Cabbage