hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular

David Goodwillie

Watched the game last night and was very impressed with the boy, him with Stokes would be a great front line. He is strong puts in some shift.. I know we dont need forwards however would ditch a few for him that is for sure.

I would prefer him than O'Connor also...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JCHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched the game last night and was very impressed with the boy, him with Stokes would be a great front line. He is strong puts in some shift.. I know we dont need forwards however would ditch a few for him that is for sure.

I agree he's a good player, but we already have good players. It's the collective mentality and lack of fight that is the issue at present. Besides which, we have no chance of getting him at this moment in time or soon.

Why on earth would Utd sell one of their only bright sparks for the future, to their biggest rivals?

Also, he wouldnt exactly help to subdue the party animals we have in the squad having already been arrested twice at the age of 21 for assault in nightclubs.

Furthermore, he's 5'9, and if we were to sign anyone to partner Stokes it should be a target man to bring him into play, if we are going to play a small guy next to him, Riordan every single day of the week.
    Last edited by Cocaine&Caviar; 25-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Left by mutual consent!

Thankfully you don't decide who we sign..

would prefer John Daly to him.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post
    Why on earth would Utd sell one of their only bright sparks for the future, to their biggest rivals?

Also, he wouldnt exactly help to subdue the party animals we have in the squad having already been arrested twice at the age of 21 for assault in nightclubs.

Furthermore, he's 5'9, and if we were to sign anyone to partner Stokes it should be a target man to bring him into play, if we are going to play a small guy next to him, Riordan every single day of the week.
    Apologies, I was quoting about how well he played rather than any bid or transfer.

His work rate was top drawer and a few in our team could do with following his example. I take the point on his party animal image however, defo not something we need right now.

Deek great striker, however unless he sorts his attitude out will not cut it for much longer.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    Thankfully you don't decide who we sign..
    True, I am guessing you would prefer O'Connor? If so surely have evidence for that? Sure he has played alot of football recently and has his best years ahead of him

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post

and hes in a better team with more chance of success, that will generate him a move elsewhere, maybe even to the hun, nowt wrong with a wee player if he is a good wee player.........

can he play centre half ?.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    David SensationalWanger is a good player but he's not what we need. Neither could we get him either.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Always seems to score against us

Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    Always seems to score against us
    Thats true, became (the then) youngest SPL goalscorer 4 years ago at Easter Rd when 16, getting a consolation for Brewsters dreadful united side in a 3-1 defeat

Seems to have been round for ages, always had the talent, has grown and matured the last year and even when all strikers are fit, may end up being Sandaza/Goodwillie up front.

So hands aff

i am a hibee through and through, why would he want to come to hibs at this moment in time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Really cant see why any of Uniteds players would want to come to Hibs. They have a pretty good team, look good for a cup and still in a good position for 3rd, and apart from the odd blip here and there have been pretty consistant for the last few years.

Apart from a possible slight increase in wages, more likely to take their careers further at United if they are in Europe next season and were at a club with some success.

Fwiw while slightly different players, Stokes is a much better striker than Goodwillie, so wouldnt say he would be the type we were really looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by resident_Arab View Post
    Thats true, became (the then) youngest SPL goalscorer 4 years ago at Easter Rd when 16, getting a consolation for Brewsters dreadful united side in a 3-1 defeat

Seems to have been round for ages, always had the talent, has grown and matured the last year and even when all strikers are fit, may end up being Sandaza/Goodwillie up front.

So hands aff
    Did he not go through a 'bertie big bollox' period about a year ago? Not that signing for Hibs would mean he felt lonely in that regard
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Did he not go through a 'bertie big bollox' period about a year ago? Not that signing for Hibs would mean he felt lonely in that regard
    we've nae room for any more of them , even if DG happens to be a better class of Bertie Big Bollox. Mind you he might be learning quicker.......

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Has came on bigtime in the last 2 years BUT..Id take Daly before him and id take Garry O'connor before the pair of them.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I only made the second half tonight but thought he was brilliant. Quick, skilful and hungry.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Prefer John Daly to be honest

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    can he play centre half ?.
    No, but I bet Yogi could turn him into a hard working right midfielder, imagine the the goal scoring talent we could have helping out full backs deep in our own half, it's the way forward.

Goodwillie??? The boys a mind cripple.

Stokes is pure teckle