hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good post,its exactly how I have been feeling over the last couple of seasons,except for the support a big team.I now go and watch my local team in Holland and now find less and less time to come back for Hibs games and I used to come back 4-7 times a season. Now I look for excuses not to,even the wife keeps saying, "when yi going back for a game",honestly, cannae be
    er5ed giving ma hard earned cash to Hibs anymore,it was bad under Mixu,now were having to swallow much the same from another manager who wont change whats staring him in the face. The worst thing about last nite was ah was tryin to listen/read the game and just knew with the last kick of the game we were going to get pumped,I knew it, you knew it, we all f,n knew it,.Even worse, as Ive said earlier, my work even managed to get a course for me in Glasgow the week of the semi, B&B, course and flights (this morning) all paid for, I was even asked if I wanted to arrive a day earlieer for the fitba and I just couldnt get myself motivated for Hibs,I didnt even know who we were playing (Hamilton as it turned out) I just didnt care. Hibs are losing good, long term supporters,never mind Hibs Reunited it should be Hibs Unexcited.
    Ah widnae bother finishing the East Stand,Hibs, it will never be full again, if you keep serving up the kind of dross you have been.You will be lucky to fill 2 stands by the end of the season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Good post and sums up the way many fans feel I think. There's just so little to enjoy about watching Hibs or Scottish football these days that it starts to seem silly to persevere. For me there's a sense that the players don't really 'get it' any more when it comes to what fans expect and there's no real bond between them and the supporters any more. Folk say it's at times like this the team need our support, but there are 'times like this' almost every season with Hibs so clearly the support of the fans makes no real difference other than helping to pay the wages of underperforming players.
    Last edited by Vince White; 24-03-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good post and sums up the way many fans feel I think. There's just so little to enjoy about watching Hibs or Scottish football these days that it starts to seem silly to persevere. For me there's a sense that the players don't really 'get it' any more when it comes to what fans expect and there's no real bond between them and the supporters any more. Folk say it's at times like this the team need our support, but there are 'times like this' almost every season with Hibs so clearly the support of the fans makes no real difference other than helping to pay the wages of underperforming players.

cant really argue, but no doubt we will be back there again and again

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    iv been through that FH, take it on the chin, keep going to games because you will probably regret it if you dont and you will find yourself a passionate as ever

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Probably the best post I've ever seen on hibs.net.

I'm a season ticket holder and have seldom missed a derby at Swynecastle for over 30 years: even though we're usually disappointed, it's worth taking the gamble because being there when we do win is the apotheosis of supporting Hibs. But I didn't bother on Saturday beacuse I knew after recent displays (esp Ross Cty at ER) that there was zero chance of us winning.

I thought we might actaully sneak it lasy night, possibly after extra time and penalties, but listening to the last half hour on the radio was weird - although it was live, it was like re-listening to an old audio book - you knew, beyond doubt, exactly what was going to happen. And I was surprised how little i cared - it hurt a bit but just felt as if it couldn't be any other way, was pre-ordained.

There must be something very, very wrong at the club for it to have come to this.
    I feel exactly the same way, had a little feeling in my heart but was over it and took all the insults well from the jambo mates.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm finding it harder to be a gentleman every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    I'm finding it harder to be a gentleman every day.
    I find it harder to get out of a beanbag every day that passes

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Personally I still enjoy the whole matchday experience too much to pack it all in, but you're entitled to feel that way. I stopped following football for a few seasons in the 80s, it just stopped being 'fun'.

I mentioned on another thread that we were playing some amazing stuff just 3 months ago, so things can change quickly in football. The quality on the park will come back.
    But not by itself though!