hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a Grip

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Get a Grip

Disappointed as I am with yet another avoidable cup exit, I have to say it pales into insignificance when it comes to some of the pathetic, childish, womanly posts on this board this morning.

I am no uber fan, but I thought that anyone who has supported a football team for any period of time would be able to handle disappointment better than the threads on here suggest.

See if you really feel that bad about things, why don't you just ***** off and take up a pastime more suited to your temprament, like tapestry or bowls. You certainly aren't men, the way you are whingeing.

I'm not talking about decent conversations analysing tactics, or performances. I'm talking about the "ooo isn't it terrible, ah wanted Hibs to win the cup and now they've not my whole life has fallen apaprt"; "oh ya lie, I thought they'd win by 8 goals and now they haven't I just want to scream my head off" etc.

See if you want to get stuff like that off yer chests, why not write to Bella or Take a Break, and claim £250? You'll be in good company with all the other "poor me" types that write in.

Saps, *****ing saps.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disappointed as I am with yet another avoidable cup exit, I have to say it pales into insignificance when it comes to some of the pathetic, childish, womanly posts on this board this morning.

I am no uber fan, but I thought that anyone who has supported a football team for any period of time would be able to handle disappointment better than the threads on here suggest.

See if you really feel that bad about things, why don't you just ***** off and take up a pastime more suited to your temprament, like tapestry or bowls. You certainly aren't men, the way you are whingeing.

I'm not talking about decent conversations analysing tactics, or performances. I'm talking about the "ooo isn't it terrible, ah wanted Hibs to win the cup and now they've not my whole life has fallen apaprt"; "oh ya lie, I thought they'd win by 8 goals and now they haven't I just want to scream my head off" etc.

See if you want to get stuff like that off yer chests, why not write to Bella or Take a Break, and claim £250? You'll be in good company with all the other "poor me" types that write in.

Saps, *****ing saps.

Saps, *****ing saps.
    Well if performances of late are good enough for you so be it but it's not good enough for me, i will whinge if i like as i pay the players wages, i think you are in a minority this morning.

Saps, *****ing saps.
    Don't disagree with a lot of that but controversial and sexist, as I'm sure it was intended.......the controversial part!

Abraham Lincoln once said "you're as happy as you make up your mind to be"! Wonder how many think about that this morning?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Well if performances of late are good enough for you so be it but it's not good enough for me, i will whinge if i like as i pay the players wages, i think you are in a minority this morning.
    You pay the players wages? In that case, they pay yours. Think about it.

On second thoughts, don't. Just keep whingeing, it obviously isn't something that you find pathetic.

I will.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Saps, *****ing saps.

Testimonial Due
    it all depends what you have been through. I think in 40 years of following Hibs I have seen it all so the dingwall result does not cut deep. We have been crap for about 8 weeks now and we just got confirmation again that we are still crap........but hey we will probably miss europe by 1 point or similar.

If you are a hibee you live with this........

I will.
    And so will I.

If anyone can be called saps it's that bunch of jokers that have been masquerading as footballers since November that when the going gets tough, they go into hiding... and stay there.

Coaching Staff

Saps, *****ing saps.
    :

Victory is sweet, defeat is painful. Some folk say things in the heat of the moment, but other folk's reactions make me surprised they bother logging on to a Hibs fan forum. Disappointing, but it's hardly the end of the world. That's actually scheduled for next week, when the poles will slip and we'll all fall off the face of the earth into a spacey oblivion.

Sadly, Bella or Take a Break will still be obsessed with cruel Turkish husbands, the funny things grandkids say and people claiming they got bummed by a poltergeist ("Spook gave me the willies" - Bella, October 2003).

Next....

Saps, *****ing saps.
    Another one happy to be looser, maybe that's what's wrong with our club, people like you who will put up with any old crap season after season, not me and i think you will find thousands of others who think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    it all depends what you have been through. I think in 40 years of following Hibs I have seen it all so the dingwall result does not cut deep. We have been crap for about 8 weeks now and we just got confirmation again that we are still crap........but hey we will probably miss europe by 1 point or similar.

If you are a hibee you live with this........
    True mate, it's all relative isn't it.

Very mixed emotions this morning. Upset we're out and the manner we've gone out but kindof expected as a Hibby! Even the kids and the wife seemed wary of my attitude this morning and that aint right. Needs to be put into perspective.

Saps, *****ing saps.
    That reminds me ...i have to put my hibs stickers onto my bowls !!!

"womanly posts" Nice comment from someone who then goes on to describe how much "Bella" or "Take a Break" will pay you for doing a wee peice for them!

The back your side at any price brigade is the reason we are now 109 years without a Scottish cup in the cabinet. I don't mind admitting I was one who was delighted when Yogi was given the job but as the great Lennon said "The Dream is Over". Yogi is a great Hibby so let him now take his place among other greats - in the Stands at Easter Road. No tactics, no guile, no plan B, no organisational skills. Sad but true.

Testimonial Due
    look if you want to be a winner don't support Hibs.......simple as that. Just look at the stats. Yet we all hope that is our year and thats one of the reasons I follow Hibs.....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Are you going to get the Paul Kane panini sticker from the 80s album? Watch his wee face spinning round and round on the way to the jack?

First Team Breakthrough northgreen24's Avatar
    I have to say I agree with filled rolls,

I am as disapointed as the next person however I feel there has been progress (but not as much as I thought compaired to pre january).

the easiest reaction and the one that most fans say is "sack the manager, dump the players" but if this happens we will be on the same merry go round every bloody season". The best we can hope for is 3rd (still a chance) and a good cup run (just short on the semi).

Now i know that some will say that we should have beaten ross county as they are a 1st division club however taking that logic hibs,hearts, dunde utd should never win a game against the old firm due to resources ect. however if they are on a bad spell , low in confidence it can and does happen!!!

if we can learn from this spell however painfull surly this will help in the future as i want a manager for season's rather than just one as i feel this is how we will win the cup and mabey split the old firm one day

or mabey im just a happy clapper

@hibs.net private member
    Another one happy to be looser,
    It's loose women that get banged on holiday and then write into Take a Break when the guy doesn't contact them.

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Ouch, ... bit painful when you remove them.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mili Tant View Post
    "womanly posts" Nice comment from someone who then goes on to describe how much "Bella" or "Take a Break" will pay you for doing a wee peice for them!

The back your side at any price brigade is the reason we are now 109 years without a Scottish cup in the cabinet. I don't mind admitting I was one who was delighted when Yogi was given the job but as the great Lennon said "The Dream is Over". Yogi is a great Hibby so let him now take his place among other greats - in the Stands at Easter Road. No tactics, no guile, no plan B, no organisational skills. Sad but true.

No the players who dont have the baws to take a game by the scruff of the neck and control and win a game are the reason we havent won the cup

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Are you going to get the Paul Kane panini sticker from the 80s album? Watch his wee face spinning round and round on the way to the jack?
    No ..they are genuine bowls stickers wi the club crest ..nae need for the Kano faced panini sticker ..

Thats the way i will get over the stresses of following hibs ..excellent therapy which i would highly recommend to stressed oot hibbies on here ..

Saps, *****ing saps.
    It's not just the cup exit though is it??

Calling for people to not go to matches and do something else doesn't seem a good way to back your club, infact it sounds like a blobby soundbite.

No ..they are genuine bowls stickers wi the club crest ..nae need for the Kano faced panini sticker ..

Thats the way i will get over the stresses of following hibs ..excellent therapy which i would highly recommend to stressed oot hibbies on here ..

Bowls is too low impact 5 minutes on the punchbag is much more therapeutic, you can even stick faces on the bag. Sad that it takes recent events to get a hertz free first page.
    Last edited by Killiehibbie; 24-03-2010 at 08:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Another one happy to be looser, maybe that's what's wrong with our club, people like you who will put up with any old crap season after season, not me and i think you will find thousands of others who think the same.
    No-one here is happy to be a loser, but wringing your hands and howling at the moon in not going to change anything.

If a series of bad results creates this sort of over the top knee jerk reaction, it would probably be better for you and others like you to follow the Old Firm instead. Or, if you prefer, Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona etc. etc. from your armchair.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar

The back your side at any price brigade is the reason we are now 109 years without a Scottish cup in the cabinet. I don't mind admitting I was one who was delighted when Yogi was given the job but as the great Lennon said "The Dream is Over". Yogi is a great Hibby so let him now take his place among other greats - in the Stands at Easter Road. No tactics, no guile, no plan B, no organisational skills. Sad but true.[/QUOTE]

That is it in a nutshell for me. He needs to go.

Hear Hear

If you want to see a team win something every season away and support one of the infirm.

Me i was brought up a Hibby, i blame my Dad but he always said its good character building to be a Hibs fan

So lets all just dry our eyes and get on with supporting the team

Quote Originally Posted by PansHibs View Post
    If you want to see a team win something every season away and support one of the infirm.

Me i was brought up a Hibby, i blame my Dad but he always said its good character building to be a Hibs fan

So lets all just dry our eyes and get on with supporting the team

Just because some of us want to see a winning side on the park for a change we should go and watch the infirm??????????????

Could you be any more patronising???

Saps, *****ing saps.
    You've been reading your Kipling again, havent you FR?