hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murray got to the ball before Smith so how can Smith get to the ball, you started this thread before seeing any footage IMO so you are sticking to it no matter what, why not just man up admit you are wrong
    So tell me this, why is stack slaughtered for staying on his line? Yet when superman try's to go for a ball 3 yards from his line he's not? He failed to reach a ball 3 yards from his line, a defender beat him in the jump for the ball 3 yards from his line. Would a keeper not have height advantage? When keepers clear their lines by going through everyone, its called good keeping in my book. Going for crosses, flying through the air and missing is not.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    No. Stack does not come for balls full stop.
    At least 3 defenders had an opportunity to clear both balls in to the box and definately did not help the keeper.
    Dont make judgements before you see the alleged crime in future.
    I have seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I have seen it?
    when you made your original post ? or had you pre-judged the error on radio evidence and now refuse to back down

Smith went to punch it with both hands, he missed it, he did not even jump as high as Murray. Any keeper going for that ball should be going for it as if he's going through a brick wall, knocking everything out his way. But no, he flaps like a 5 year old, and hey presto, like maka did regularly, we lose a goal through a goalkeepers bad decision making.

PS this all happened 3 yards from goal. If thats not the keepers territory, what is?
    Murray got in the keepers way and got to the ball first. I doubt Smith was expecting that hence the reson he didn't go through the ball.
    Even so once Murray headed the ball back we had defenders at the back post who also missed it.
    As said previously Smith mibbe could have done better but he was not the main culprit.
    Think you were a bit too quick last night to dish out blame.

when you made your original post ? or had you pre-judged the error on radio evidence and now refuse to back down
    I saw it before i posted.

I saw it before i posted.
    OKAY

OKAY
    Check the times of my post.

Check the times of my post.

I Did 11.39 thats why i said okay

imho if you had seen it makes your post even more silly

I Did 11.39 thats why i said okay

imho if you had seen it makes your post even more silly

Why's it funny

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    Why's it funny

he is at the wind up so i wouldnt bother with him

Why's it funny
    I find lots of things funny. Even your post.

Why's it funny
    It must be a BLACKPOOL thing

just making himself look more clueless on this point

I find lots of things funny. Even your post.
    Aye well done.
    I suppose it's a easy way out now your initial post seems to be leaking substance.

Aye well done.
    I suppose it's a easy way out now your initial post seems to be leaking substance.

Ask yourself this, if that had been Stack in goal, do you think there might be a thread on here, asking why he'd stayed on his line again, and not clattered all and sundry to clear the ball?

Ask yourself this, if that had been Stack in goal, do you think there might be a thread on here, asking why he'd stayed on his line again, and not clattered all and sundry to clear the ball?
    I think there may well have been, after all it's not unknown for Stack to be reluctant to come out for a cross.
    However, while admiting that Smith could have possibly done better the fact that Murray jumped right infront of him and made contact first is hardly Smith's fault. Did Smith call for "keepers ball" and Murray put him off or did Murray call "mine" and Smith held back.....do you know.
    Even then I think once it had gone past Smith there where 2 defenders at the back who both missed it.

I just think it a wee bit unfair to lay all the blame at Smith's doorstep. I'd have the whole fekkin lot of them running up and down sand dunes till they puked....then start again.

Pretty poor this time to pick on one goalkeeper when the team has been pi5h/mingin for half a season and absolutely attrocious in the last 3 games.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    It just show that, we the fans shout and scream about how bad this player, and that player are, and should be replaced. Yet when they get their wish, nothing different happens. We dont know any better than the guy in charge as much as we think we do. And its easy to say we should be doing this, and we should be doing that, but when that does not work, what do we do then?

We should be beating Ross County, but didnt, the team needs a major overhaul imho, with at least 5 new players needed.
    I still don't get it!

Your thread heading suggested to me (at least) that you seemed to think that Smith being in goal was somehow the fault of those fans who supported that action after Stack's dismal performance on Saturday!

What I think you are now saying is that we are as able to pick the right players as anyone at all including the manager and that we know as little as he does?

I doubt if Yogi decided on Smith as a result of what was posted on here and, if he did, then we have bigger problems than we thought!

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    I still don't get it!

Your thread heading suggested to me (at least) that you seemed to think that Smith being in goal was somehow the fault of those fans who supported that action after Stack's dismal performance on Saturday!

What I think you are now saying is that we are as able to pick the right players as anyone at all including the manager and that we know as little as he does?

I doubt if Yogi decided on Smith as a result of what was posted on here and, if he did, then we have bigger problems than we thought!
    My point was, football management is not as easy as we think. We wanted rid of the keeper who stays on his line. Yet his replacment fly's through the air missing the ball, when he does come off his line. Its easy to manage behind a keyboard.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    My point was, football management is not as easy as we think. We wanted rid of the keeper who stays on his line. Yet his replacment fly's through the air missing the ball, when he does come off his line. Its easy to manage behind a keyboard.
    We didn't just want a change for his failure to come for crosses IIRC!

There was also the matter of horrendous kicking and disappearing from his goal randomly and ending up some 35 yds away totally stranded!

It wasn't just about Saturday although that was bad enough and he wasn't solely responsible for Saturday's defeat as we have been shocking as a team for a number of weeks now IMO!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devine View Post
    By signing 3 goalies of reputed (imo very similar) quality, you bring the problems upon yourself. Goalkeeper is one position that imo should rarely be altered. Allow your back 4 to be comfortable and realise the strengths, weaknesses and quirks of that particular goalie.

Having Brown, Stack and Smith on the books will only increase the pressure on Yogi to change it after one or two mistakes. Unnecessary and exactly what we didnt need. The utterly pitiful excuse about 'geeing' up Bamba should be seen as more of a slight on him than Smith, I for one am utterly fed up of the utter guff excuses that come out for dropping players!
    Exactly. Having to keep 4 first team goalies happy is almost impossible. First little error and you've got three guys banging on your door asking to replace the current incumbent!!

One of a few strange decisions by Yogi this year? Hopefully we'll see a more settled goalie situation next season.

Stack would have left it for Murray to head it away, not got in his way. Or Stack would have come and punched it clear. See this football management is easy.
    I have yet to see Stack come for any ball. I didnt say I wanted Smith in goal but after saturdays performance from Stack, we had to change the keeper. If Maka had made that mistake on saturday would you have wanted him dropped and someone else in goal??