hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought our spirit and self belief died on the Ibrox pitch that day. Confidence is everything and our team just doesn't have it.
    I agree, the Rangers game was the start of it. Go back to December, we tore Motherwell apart at home, winning 2-0 but could have been seven, in one of the best Hibs performances ive seen in the last 20 years. I thought we were on the start of something special, that Hughes had something that Mowbray and McLeish couldnt get close to, flair with a bit of steel as well.

I clearly couldnt have been more wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I do believe Real Madrid fans do a nice "White Hanky Waving" thing to express their displeasure.

I've only got some used Kleenex, so I can't join in, sorry.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I do believe Real Madrid fans do a nice "White Hanky Waving" thing to express their displeasure.

Yup, a white flag would be the most apt IMHO as it appears the players have simply given up. A Real-style 'white hanky' protest would look pretty effective if enough fans brought a hanky along (or if somebody knows how to order a cheap batch of several thousand hankies they could be handed out at the turnstyles). If there was some publicity it might embarrass the players into some sort of effort. Sadly it seems the current lot don't get embarrassed too easily.

Either that or a banner with a new club motto. Instead of the huns' 'No Surrender' we could have 'Always Surrendering' or 'Surrender Monkeys'
    Last edited by Vince White; 24-03-2010 at 10:10 AM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    What about a banner that says " all players in the team on what they are doing and and not on what they have done or can do".?

Plus a wee disclaimer that reminds Yogi that he is in charge, and that dropping Riordan, Stokes or Miller or all three would not cause a mutiny.

How about

BOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...........

for a banner.

Or, YOURE NOT WORTHY

THE WHITE HANKY IS ALSO USED IN HOLLAND, ITS QUITE EFFECTIVE WHEN EVERYONE IS DOING IT

YOGI...READ HIBS.NET!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    How about

BOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo...........

for a banner.

Or, YOURE NOT WORTHY

THE WHITE HANKY IS ALSO USED IN HOLLAND, ITS QUITE EFFECTIVE WHEN EVERYONE IS DOING IT
    It certainly worked in 1940. They're still waiting for their grandfather's bicycles to be returned though.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    We should ask the Aberdeen fans if we can borrow their 'bottlers' banner they came to ER with one season
    I don't remember that. I do remember last season (or maybe it was this season) that following one of their many cup exits to a lower division side the Aberdeen fans took a banner to Ibrox for their next league game which read something like 'Wear these colours with pride'. Tempting as it would be to run up a banner telling the Hibs players to 'f*** off ya gutless t*ts' I recall the Aberdeen players saying that when they saw the banner it made them determined not to let the fans down. I think they got a 0-0 draw which is hardly astounding but it maybe helped them avoid defeat at least.