hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zemmama

Zemmama

I think the loss of a fully fit Zemmama has contributed largely to our demise this season, hopefully he`ll play some part in the game against Ross County.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Has his absence from the side of late been entirely down to injury or has he just not been selected?

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has his absence from the side of late been entirely down to injury or has he just not been selected?

He has a hamstring problem, this can take ages to get better.

He is fully fit - just not interested in playing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Why do you say that? If fit put him in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    How do you know this?

There is little doubt; Hibs have been a far better team with him in the team than we have when he's not been in the team. I cannot recall too many occassions when we've only missed his absence, we've noticably missed his skills, runs and play making this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    There is little doubt; Hibs have been a far better team with him in the team than we have when he's not been in the team. I cannot recall too many occassions when we've only missed his absence, we've noticably missed his skills, runs and play making this season.

The main thing we lack and have done for a while is a bit of pace and creativity in the centre of the park and to an extent out wide.

We need someone like him to receive the ball and move it forward, making through balls and passes into space, all at pace as just now we don't have that. One thing when Zouma does have the ball he drags defenders and players to him to make a tackle to which then he can make a pass to an unmarked team-mate.

This is why I call for Galbraith to be played so often, he has pace and a bit of skill, draws defenders to him and gets free kicks etc.... Simples

A fully fit Zemmama!

Whasat?

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    I think the loss of a fully fit Zemmama has contributed largely to our demise this season, hopefully he`ll play some part in the game against Ross County.
    Its the loss of bottle and applicability that has let us down,not forgetting poor decisions on Yogis part.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Another midget in a midfield of midgets. Gets bullied by anyone over 5ft 10ins and just isnae Hibs class.

Like every other player in our side right now he is a waste of a jersey and, lets face it, with a manager who knows less about tactics than the average poster on Hibs.net it wouldn't matter who plays.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    He has a hamstring problem, this can take ages to get better.
    He has a hamstring problem in his heid - almost permanantly.

Superbly talented player but only when he can be bothered.

paullotion
    Left by mutual consent!
    I`d get rid of Zemmama and Benji, even when they were both fit there were not exactly setting the heather of fire. They are too inconsistent, you need consistence and neither of them have that.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Zemmama is Hibs Kingston. Plays two or three games then gets 'injured' ?

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    agree 100%.geting sick of him actualy

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    agree 100%geting sick of him

We don't have much creation without him, and I wouldn't put him the same bag as the other hobbits: Stevenson and Rankin. Both of them can share a taxi at my expense.

Quote Originally Posted by paullotion View Post
    I`d get rid of Zemmama and Benji, even when they were both fit there were not exactly setting the heather of fire. They are too inconsistent, you need consistence and neither of them have that.
    A bit harsh on Benji IMO, the guy must be pi55ed off, coming on with 15-20 minutes to go every week makes it hard to change games, he looked our sharpest player when he came on on Saturday. The guy needs a long run in the team.

Coaching Staff
    A bit harsh on Benji IMO, the guy must be pi55ed off, coming on with 15-20 minutes to go every week makes it hard to change games, he looked our sharpest player when he came on on Saturday. The guy needs a long run in the team.
    Total laziness from certain posters which I'm now coming round to agreeing with some that it's verging on racist, and if not then certainly based on racial stereotyping.

Benji in particular has never shown any type of attitiude issue when he has playeed and yet the line still gets brought out regularly.

Zemmama has a problem that they are finding difficult to pin down and it was reported that they thought it was actually a lower back problem transferring to the hamstring but that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Again, he can be off form but I've never seen his commitment being an issue. Still, it's the old lazy Moroccan thing that gets dragged out time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Total laziness from certain posters which I'm now coming round to agreeing with some that it's verging on racist, and if not then certainly based on racial stereotyping.

Benji in particular has never shown any type of attitiude issue when he has playeed and yet the line still gets brought out regularly.

Zemmama has a problem that they are finding difficult to pin down and it was reported that they thought it was actually a lower back problem transferring to the hamstring but that now doesn't seem to be the case.

Again, he can be off form but I've never seen his commitment being an issue. Still, it's the old lazy Moroccan thing that gets dragged out time and again.
    Look at Riordan, he is the most lazy player I have seen and is the so weak and unfit its unreal for a 27 year old man. Why does no-one give him abuse, I know he is playing out of position but still.

i've seen some nonsense posts on this board on the last few weeks but theres a few on this thread that win the cocunut

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Look at Riordan, he is the most lazy player I have seen and is the so weak and unfit its unreal for a 27 year old man. Why does no-one give him abuse, I know he is playing out of position but still.
    Do you read this board?

i've seen some nonsense posts on this board on the last few weeks but theres a few on this thread that win the cocunut
    i know you probably think everyone is 100% committed to the cause and all injurys are genuine but the fact zemmama plays most games then as soon as we hit winter he is always injured suggests somethings up. Talented player but only when it suits him.

If you think everytime he doesnt play he is injured then i think your being a little bit naive.

EDIT: I dont think zemmama is a liar, just sometimes his heart is just not in it.

paullotion
    Left by mutual consent!
    Was not the difficult to look the sharpest hibs player on sat, but if Benji, Zemmama(granted he may not be fully fit)or any other player for that matter only chooses certian games to be interested, then as far as i am concerened, then can find another club.

Being a winner or having a winning mentality is 90% mental and 10% physical, its that mental toughness in games, when you are not playing well and yet you still get a result, that is the difference between those that win and those that do not.

Not sure on where you're coming from on that one Andy?
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    His hamstring is as weak as a can of Top Deck. As scoopy says, his "problems" are all in his head and I for one doubt that his injury is causing him as much grief as he is saying. I am quite sure if his agent said that Blackburn or Stoke were interested in him but want to see him play, he would perk up a bit and start putting in these fleetingly wonderful performances. Ibrox, 50,000 people = Zemmama wanting to show what he can do, playing well and playing up.............Perth, 4,000 people, minus 4 degrees = sorry boss, cannot be bothered, I feel a wee bit weak from Ramadan that ended weeks ago, oh and my hamstring feels a tad tight. He was unplayable in summer and especially v Dundee Utd first half at ER, when it was sunny, the grass was lush, and he was receiving rave reviews. For me he sums up Hibs first team at the moment. Great when playing well, always wanting the limelight...........goes into hiding, even finding better hiding places than Osama Bin Laden when the chips are down. He did the same in Mixu's first season too remember, when we were on a wee bit of a run, but it was getting a wee bit chillier. This mysterious "hamstring" injury surfaced, which pretty much put pay to our chances of a Euro spot. Maybe if he trained properly and put effort in then his wee muscles wouldn't be so susceptible to injury. Get rid in summer IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Not sure on where you're coming from on that one Andy?
    Aren't you?

There's no evidence that any of the two Morocaans, who somehow get lumped together in this, are anything other than honest and commited, yet, we constantly have to hear about them being lazy, not committed, feigning injury, lying about injuries, not working hard in training etc etc.

Is McCann for example just not up for it? He's always been injured.

Whenever there is a suggestion of people not working in training its the two Moroccans that head the queue of possibilities. Based on what? Based on the times we've all seen them train?

I can't help but feel it's mainly based on where they come from, nothing to do with what they actually have or have not done whilst here.

Aren't you?

There's no evidence that any of the two Morocaans, who somehow get lumped together in this, are anything other than honest and commited, yet, we constantly have to hear about them being lazy, not committed, feigning injury, lying about injuries, not working hard in training etc etc.

Whenever there is a suggestion of people not working in training its the two Moroccans that head the queue of possibilities. Based on what? Based on the times we've all seen them train?

I can't help but feel it's mainly based on where they come from, nothing to do with what they actually have or have not done whilst here.
    Get what your saying but heading into dangerous territory there. I am of the same opinion with Bamba. At the moment he isnt playing well and seems like he isnt that committed and is being a little lazy. However the same can be said for miller and riordan but i've seen posters get shot down instantly when daring to criticise them.

If we had a midfielder with some "presence" Miller and McBride could be playing their football in the oppositions half rather than fannying around getting nowhere in our own.

Aren't you?

Thanks for the explanation, that's all I was after

Not sure I agree though. Granted the two lads seem to get a poor response on here sometimes but I'm more inclined to think that folk post these things out of frustration, especially in regard to Zouma who undoubtedly has the ability to influence games but who seems to be somewhat injury prone. As to Benji, well much of the abuse he gets on here is self inflicted as he has in the past said he doesn't want to be at ER and that particular piece of mud seems to stick.

Just my take on it you understand
    This is how it feels