hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

Accident after game

Anyone see my little brother get hit by a moped on Roseburn terrace yesterday? If so did you catch any reg plate info

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Is your brother ok?

I he's ok but still want to know if anyone caught the plate

He got back up and started walking showed a spirit our team never had

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I he's ok but still want to know if anyone caught the plate

I never seen the plate but just after it happend, the moped driver stopped a bus and had a word with the driver, who was taking notes. I would contact lothian buses and see if they have any record of it.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1875 View Post
    I never seen the plate but just after it happend, the moped driver stopped a bus and had a word with the driver, who was taking notes. I would contact lothian buses and see if they have any record of it.
    It was a red moped and the driver was late 30's early 40's or there about...never saw the reg plate either

Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    It was a red moped and the driver was late 30's early 40's or there about...never saw the reg plate either

Cheers boys

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Cheers boys
    Good luck tracking him down mate

How's your brother?

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Good luck tracking him down mate

How's your brother?
    He's fine man just a wee bit hurt.. the boy just drove off which is annoying ... 40 Y.O saying to a twelve Y.O its your fault.... maturity

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    He's fine man just a wee bit hurt.. the boy just drove off which is annoying ... 40 Y.O saying to a twelve Y.O its your fault.... maturity
    Unless of course it WAS his fault then it was the truth as well as maturity.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I was always told that when it came to RTA's involving pedestrians, it was ALWAYS the vehicles fault.
    For my sins I used to live at Wheatfield Terrace and if I accidentally drove back as tynie was emptying I usually had to stop the car and allow the uneducated masses to pass me by, absolutely no point in trying to force my way through. I'm a little suprised however to see it happen a lot on matchdays at ER, a lot of folk in cars push there way through the crowds, rather than wait the 5 minutes

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I was always told that when it came to RTA's involving pedestrians, it was ALWAYS the vehicles fault.
    For my sins I used to live at Wheatfield Terrace and if I accidentally drove back as tynie was emptying I usually had to stop the car and allow the uneducated masses to pass me by, absolutely no point in trying to force my way through. I'm a little suprised however to see it happen a lot on matchdays at ER, a lot of folk in cars push there way through the crowds, rather than wait the 5 minutes
    Strange one speedy. So the poor woman who threw herself in front of the Megabus? That was the driver's fault? (totally taking aside the other facts in the case)

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agree entirely

To be honest the situation at ER is an accident waiting to happen.

Plod should have put a stop to that a long time ago.

Still if it gets someone home 5 minutes early whats someone's life?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn1 View Post

Still if it gets someone home 5 minutes early whats someone's life?
    That's why I tend to walk on pavements. Just so I don't get run over.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

As far as I am aware, if you are involved in an RTA you are legally obliged to stop. If you track him down the guy will be in big trouble for failing to stop after an accident and exchange details with you.

Perhaps the guy was steaming, and stopping would mean losing his licence and a massive fine. He will be in just as much trouble if you manage to track him down. The fact that a child was involved makes it worse IMO.

J

if he is tracked down pretty sure that he could be charged with failing to report an accident within 24hrs and failing to stop at a scene of an accident. Or sowt like that!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    You really are becoming an unpleasant smart arsed unhappy git these days arent you?

Thread after boring thread, the master of the one line put down. not!

When there are that many people leaving the stadium its not always possible to do so.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    As far as I am aware, if you are involved in an RTA you are legally obliged to stop. If you track him down the guy will be in big trouble for failing to stop after an accident and exchange details with you.

Perhaps the guy was steaming, and stopping would mean losing his licence and a massive fine. He will be in just as much trouble if you manage to track him down. The fact that a child was involved makes it worse IMO.

J

He did stop and spoke to the driver of a bus while at the crossing. Not sure if this is where it happend but he may have got the bus driver to take details since the boy he hit, got up and walked away?

@hibs.net private member
    You really are becoming an unpleasant smart arsed unhappy git these days arent you?
    Just becoming? Be fair though I’m not the one moaning about getting run down after I walked on the road. If a car/bike mounts the pavement you have a legit complaint.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 23-03-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    I havent complained about getting run down either and here's hoping I have enough road sense not to

There are however any number of older folks or younger folks maybe lacking that experience or mental agility who do walk on the road who I believe are at risk from this practice.

Care for your fellow man and all that? no?

Or was the temptation for a cheap shot too much?

@hibs.net private member

Or was the temptation for a cheap shot too much?
    I try not to miss an open goal.

As someone has already said, its not possible to walk on pavements with that volume of people taking the same route.
    With that ammount of people about a sensible driver would be cautious anyway but to hit a child (assuming he is a child) and drive off is ridiculous regardless if he got up.

You should phone the police maybe the driver reported it and took his reg.

He did stop and spoke to the driver of a bus while at the crossing. Not sure if this is where it happend but he may have got the bus driver to take details since the boy he hit, got up and walked away?
    Well the fact is when your twelve you dont really think oh i've just came out from watching a pile of ***** and am now wanting to walk over the road to catch a bus, then an old man hits me oo wait the now since i should know the rules of the road not the road user- who stopped said its your fualt then drove away-then i did .... what would you do at that age?

Just becoming? Be fair though I’m not the one moaning about getting run down after I walked on the road. If a car/bike mounts the pavement you have a legit complaint.
    Lets be sensible here take twenty years of your age.. and then you realise he's not mentally totally developed and would you give up your space on a pavement to a four foot twelve year old

Well the fact is when your twelve you dont really think oh i've just came out from watching a pile of ***** and am now wanting to walk over the road to catch a bus, then an old man hits me oo wait the now since i should know the rules of the road not the road user- who stopped said its your fualt then drove away-then i did .... what would you do at that age?
    how many people were about?

it sounds like the guy had a look back, saw the wee man get up and hoped he was ok. probably thought " Im no stopping in amoungst several hundreds/dozens of p!ssed off football fans to get my head stomped in, the lad appears to be alright" and decided to stop a bus driver to get him to confirm he was aware of the accident, give his name and address incase needed, and explain he was just not willing to put his neck on the line like that.....maybe even had a hearts scarf on

I know it's illegal what he did, but you can maybe understand his situation just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt here.

Id chase up the bus company, just see if they have any info.
    If the guy does end up being a jambo, post on here and we'll all go round and pay him a visit

personally I felt like throwing myself in front of a moving vehicle after that game

@hibs.net private member
    Lets be sensible here take twenty years of your age.. and then you realise he's not mentally totally developed and would you give up your space on a pavement to a four foot twelve year old
    Fair enough I hope the wee man's ok.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    back to you, i park the car opposite the loch inn and am amazed people dont even look before they step onto the road at that side st. rather than wait the 5 SECONDS to let a car out the junction.if you are waved acrooss fair enough but it is a road after all.

Left by mutual consent!

Testimonial Due

Never said he should know the rules of the road, but from where the bus stop is to the traffic island, is not far at all. I assume that it must have somewhere in between the two that the incident happend.

I saw the moped driver stoped at the lights where he got off and IMO reported what had happend to the bus driver behind, who had a notepad in his hand and probably had a good view of it himself. He couldn't change details with your brother so reported it to a profeshional (sp) driver. I don't know what he should have done but he did something, to at least have a record of what happend. Does lothian buses have any record of it?