hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have my doubts churchy, certain players, and the manager imho have enemy's for want of a better word amongst the hibs support, and a hat trick in the cup final wouldn't change their minds.
    You can see that in the constant threads bashing players like Nish, Rankin, and Hogg.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    You can see that in the constant threads bashing players like Nish, Rankin, and Hogg.
    and Deek and Stack and Bamba and Murray and Zouma and Benji and Miller and ...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    Everybody except McBride I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    and Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Stokes....

I think McBride has been safe from the witchfinders?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    And Hughes.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Everybody except McBride I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    and Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Stokes....

I think McBride has been safe from the witchfinders?
    Well he is knocking on 6' tall after all ...

Left by mutual consent!
    just read the evening news today and there a guy in there who says why does yogi persist with lewis at left back,he's to short cant head the ball,then he says DW should be at right back and im like bud your contradicting yourself? both aint tall and aint the best defenders,make up your mind

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by houston1875 View Post
    just read the evening news today and there a guy in there who says why does yogi persist with lewis at left back,he's to short cant head the ball,then he says DW should be at right back and im like bud your contradicting yourself? both aint tall and aint the best defenders,make up your mind
    Persists with him at LB? One match?!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I think Stevenson is a good wee player, not the best at the club but certainly not the worst. He isn't afraid to put in a tackle and works his socks off. His tracking back to make that tackle that prevented a probably goal was fantastic. Also did save as from getting beat by 2 or 3 more.

If Lewis is played in midfield, or just infront of the defence I think he will do well, at LB he is wasted.

Think he is just becoming another scapegoat.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would disagree about Lewis becoming a scapegoat.

I think many Hibs supporters me included have a bit of a soft spot for Lewis and its a matter of disappointment that he hasnt kicked on as many hoped he would.

I am a bit puzzled by Hibs Net sometimes.

If this isnt a forum to discuss our views on the manager, the team, the players within and the club what is it?

Old age tells you that things are never as good (or as bad) as they seem.

Its inevitable that when we are on a poor run as we are that the natives are a bit more restless than usual.

Its not too clever IMHO that people cant express an opinion before all the better or worser Hibby than me nonsense starts (trolls and wind up merchants excluded)

One of our strengths is the ability to debate matters and rally when its appropriate to do so. If you take the debate away we will end up in a situation like Hearts where everyone toes the party line or is too afraid to raise honest concerns till its too late.

There were, probably still are loads of folk who questioned STF & RP's motives, Thats not a bad thing as its causes the rest of us to keep questioning ourselves and others to ensure all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    I think Stevenson is a good wee player, not the best at the club but certainly not the worst. He isn't afraid to put in a tackle and works his socks off. His tracking back to make that tackle that prevented a probably goal was fantastic. Also did save as from getting beat by 2 or 3 more.

If Lewis is played in midfield, or just infront of the defence I think he will do well, at LB he is wasted.

Very valid point in that outwith the cup final one of Lewis's best games was at *********** with Mixu and the Deek penalty. Lewis was effectively given the role of helping protect the defence and he did a great job that evening. Unfortunately a lot of his passing recently has let him down more than any other part of his game. Whether this is a confidence thing am not sure but if he can't pass to a Hibs jersey 30 yards away then he needs to do the Neil Lennon thing and play the 5 yard ball and stick to his strengths.

First Team Breakthrough Oscar Lomax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post

Agree.
    A manager can wreck a players career playing him out of position. Fans start to get on the players back, confidence is affected, he gets dropped and its a snowball effect. I think Lewis can play football. I would like to see him moved to the old fashioned 'left half' position. People go on about Murray giving 110% but overlook Lewis for giving the same sort of effort. Murray aint the most skillfull but is complimented mainly on his effort.
    For me I blame the manager totally for playing the lad out of position and basically what Susan did for the goal, he couldnt do that in another 20 attempts. Thing went for them on Saturday. Even the diplorable Garry Macay said they created more chances on Saturday than the last five or six games put together ! That tells you it all....

I really thought Stevenson had a great future ahead of him but I also agree with a few others in thinking that his best position is as a holding midfield player.

I think it can be good for a young players development to play a few different positions but its a bit unfair to judge him as just not having it when he is not playing in his best position.

I'd really like to see him get a bit of a run as a holding central midfielder, it might even release a few of our more creative midfielders to concentrate on what they are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    Here we go again, these players i don`t rate but i would be more than happy if they proved me wrong, Rich, let `s see where they are next season.