hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Hearts wanted it more than Hibs.

That phrase makes me laugh. They played better than us today, but we wanted it as much as they did. An error caused the 1st goal, and quickly they got the 2nd. Does anyone who's played a bit of football know how easy it is to defend when you are winning, rather than attack when you are losing.

Whenever we lose, its always because we did not try hard enough, we are beginning to sound like Fergie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    We weren't in their faces enough, we were 2 or 3 yards off them and that gave them the time they needed to piss all over us at times.

It has been a problem all season that we dont pick up second balls and as we seem to be continuing with this 'hammer it to Stokes' tactic, picking up second balls is pretty much all we can hope for in order to gain territorial advantage. If we're not doing that then we dont have a hope, as proved in the past few months in particular.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would say we wanted it as much as them G, but I left Tiny feeling empty, as if we hadn't competed. The only pass marks today was the young lady passing the Roseburn in her Maroon(a moron) car getting pelters from the hibbies on the street.

We have to up our game for the run in or we're toast.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That phrase makes me laugh. They played better than us today, but we wanted it as much as they did. An error caused the 1st goal, and quickly they got the 2nd. Does anyone who's played a bit of football know how easy it is to defend when you are winning, rather than attack when you are losing.

Whenever we lose, its always because we did not try hard enough, we are beginning to sound like Fergie.
    Bollox !!!...they (yams) were everywhere today ..we chased ****in shadows...we were gutless in midfield..clueless at the back ..second to every ball & when we had the ball we lumped it up front !!!

Utter garbage performance from hibs !!!

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Bollox !!!...they (yams) were everywhere today ..we chased ****in shadows...we were gutless in midfield..clueless at the back ..second to every ball & when we had the ball we lumped it up front !!!

Utter garbage performance from hibs !!!
    They did play better than us, we did chase shadows, we were clueless, but i dont agree they were not trying every bit as hard as them.

They did play better than us, we did chase shadows, we were clueless, but i dont agree they were not trying every bit as hard as them.
    Aye they did ..3 points were at stake ..they were tuned in ..they, given their makeshift team harrassed & harried us in every department..we made them look ****in good ... take yer blinkers of mate !!

We were gutless ..we had absolutley no passion whatsoever ..it was a derby ffs !!!!

Aye they did ..3 points were at stake ..they were tuned in ..they, given their makeshift team harrassed & harried us in every department..we made them look ****in good ... take yer blinkers of mate !!

We were gutless ..we had absolutley no passion whatsoever ..it was a derby ffs !!!!
    I have no glasses on, we lost the game, they played better than us. As for a makeshift team. We had 2 full backs who never play, Rankin again in a green and white shirt., Nish suspended, Murray at centre half, hardly full strength eh.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    We didn't want it as much as them.

If we did, then we would have easily brushed them off.

Look at the quality we have compared to theirs.

It sickens me....

But Hearts wanted it more.

I have no glasses on, we lost the game, they played better than us. As for a makeshift team. We had 2 full backs who never play, Rankin again in a green and white shirt., Nish suspended, Murray at centre half, hardly full strength eh.
    What are ye slavering aboot then ..? refer to yer first post ..if we cannae gee ourselves up for a derby regardless of who is injured or who is no then we might as well gie up !!! ..the day ..**** knows what yogi says to motivate his troops but he is better getting advice from JJ because the yam tramps were way more commited & organised than we were !!!! ..jeez ****in O ...

What are ye slavering aboot then ..? refer to yer first post ..if we cannae gee ourselves up for a derby regardless of who is injured or who is no then we might as well gie up !!! ..the day ..**** knows what yogi says to motivate his troops but he is better getting advice from JJ because the yam tramps were way more commited & organised than we were !!!! ..jeez ****in O ...
    Slavering, I said we were hardly at full strength, like the yams, we played badly, they didnt. We lost, but not through lack of effort imho, we lost because they played better than us, it can happen you know.

Anyone who genuinely thinks Hearts didnt want it more than us today must have been on mind bending drugs during the game.

I dont just mean flying about like headless chickens, I mean wanting the ball, making themselves available for the ball, not being scared to pass it or try something constructive, not letting their heads drop when things were going against them.

Absolutely f***** disgraceful performance.

That Hearts team genuinely is one of the poorest in living memory so no excuses. It's a miracle we were still in the game at the end.

No, on this occasion Hearts wanted it more than us. The only two Hibs players who showed anything that resembled passion today were Stevenson and Murray. Regardless of how Hearts got their goals, they could've been 3 or 4 up by the time we got our goal. Christ, we barely had a shot on target until we scored. Not acceptable for a team who allegedly have one of the most formidable strike forces in the league.

Hearts won today not because they are world beaters but because they fought for the win - Hibs need to start doing that pretty quickly or our season will be over because lets face it we are a long way from being world beaters ourselves.

It's embarassing how often our team lose the physical battle to be honest. I'm sure they're trying their best but they're just not competing in this league, they don't have the physical qualities. We've been bailed out by a bit of quality at times but I can hardly remember a game this season where we've bossed the midfield.

Why can't Bamba move into midfield where he was so impressive last year? Let Hanlon get more experience where he'll be playing next year anyway.

For over 100+ years Hearts have wanted a derby more than Hibs.

Is it coz they're always been a better team? no.

We tend to start "looking nice" ....tippy tappy *****.... then bang, we're 1 or even 2 down.

We're a spineless football club, and I can't see the point in a nice stadium and balance sheet...... which is all we are.

First Team Regular half.time.draw.'s Avatar

Forgetting Stacks two outstanding saves?

We were poor get over it....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post

We tend to start "looking nice" ....tippy tappy *****.... then bang, we're 1 or even 2 down.

We're a spineless football club, and I can't see the point in a nice stadium and balance sheet...... which is all we are.
    what we should do then is stop trying to sign good footballers and buy a team of battlers. I see what BH is saying and I don't think there was a lack of effort or desire - we just have players with a totally different style.

Maybe we need some different types and I am sure that will come.

Everything that makes us great on our day also makes us pretty pish on others. It's our firts league defeat to hearts in some time so if they usually want it more it's no tdone them much good.

It's a tricky one as we can't build our team around trying to physically match teams that aren't as good as us can we? Should we not, like the team of sauzee and latapy keep trying to get footballers that are consistently of a better standard?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snap out of it man. You've been here before, remember the strategies that got you through it. There is hope.

Anybody got the number for the Royal Ed.?

We played the weakest Hearts team, they could play, and got destroyed, we are pish.
    YOGI HAS NOT GOT A CLUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Snap out of it man. You've been here before, remember the strategies that got you through it. There is hope.

Anybody got the number for the Royal Ed.?
    Maybe I'm bitter I grew up through the 22 in a row *****,

but look at the 2 clubs stats versus each other...... says it all.

I am just surprised Hearts hate us so much........... they should technically like us, they have done so well.

Maybe I'm bitter I grew up through the 22 in a row *****,

but look at the 2 clubs stats versus each other...... says it all.

I am just surprised Hearts hate us so much........... they should technically like us, they have done so well.

Saw the stats before the game, scary how pish we are............

Slavering, I said we were hardly at full strength, like the yams, we played badly, they didnt. We lost, but not through lack of effort imho, we lost because they played better than us, it can happen you know.
    I think clutching at the straws, Hogg/Zemmame being out doesn't equate to the same situation that the Jambos were in.

I do agree that they were miles better today - it surely comes down to three variables;
    ability - we match them here
    attitude/application - a poor second
    organisation/ playing to a plan - poor second again

Think you have to look at why they playes better than us - not because they are better players IMHO but because they were more committed and played to a plan/tactics.

The responsibility for that lies at the managers door.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    Anyone who genuinely thinks Hearts didnt want it more than us today must have been on mind bending drugs during the game.

I dont just mean flying about like headless chickens, I mean wanting the ball, making themselves available for the ball, not being scared to pass it or try something constructive, not letting their heads drop when things were going against them.

Absolutely f***** disgraceful performance.

That Hearts team genuinely is one of the poorest in living memory so no excuses. It's a miracle we were still in the game at the end.

How anyone can say they didn't want it more than us is beyond me.

Their crap players, and they've got a few! made up for their lack of skill by working harder than our more talented players. They worked hard to close us down and played as a team.

Too many players in the current Hibs team that aren't up for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post

How anyone can say they didn't want it more than us is beyond me.

Their crap players, and they've got a few! made up for their lack of skill by working harder than our more talented players. They worked hard to close us down and played as a team.

Too many players in the current Hibs team that aren't up for a fight.
    Bang on ..we were pussy cats today ..we ****in bottled it ..no fight, no guts, no clue ..we rolled over & had our belly's tickled !!!

Sick and tired of watching skilful Hibs players rolling over and making Hearts look semi decent and letting them take victories.

Looking at the squad we have a good enough team to beat them. However in each derby the Yams have been fighting for every ball, getting in amongst us, making sure we had no time on the ball.

When Hearts had the ball the team may as well have sat with the fans in the stand and got out the popcorn.

There was no spine, no one wanted to take responsibility and get that team into gear, no one wanted to fight, no one wanted to get stuck in. Bunch of prima donnas.

I hope they enjoy their nightout in whatever bar they end up in tonight.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by half.time.draw. View Post
    Saw the stats before the game, scary how pish we are............

OK, that's good enough for me.

LTYF

The Hibs have been sussed for the last few weeks.
    Teams play us, win the battle and they will come away with some degree of a result.
    Yogi has to learn to win the battle especially when all the pitches are in such a poor state of quality a the moment.
    When we try to play football look at how the ball bobbles and players take that extra touch and are closed down.

Today was a result of us playing quite well without creating any real danger.
    They scored down Stevensons side (How long can someone live off MOM in the Cup Final) and a distaster from Stacks (If that had been Maka the thread would still be running now.)
    From that moment our heads went down and yes they wanted it more than us.
    Its only a week since we could not get out of our own half in the second half against Ross County we were lethargic then and again today.

The problem with the Hibs at the moment is they are waiting for something to happen as opposed to making it happen.

If we do not get the sleeves rolled up on Tuesday from the Kick Off, well at least it will be a good bevvy session up there.

C'MON HIBS TURN THIS AROUND!!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    The Hibs have been sussed for the last few weeks.
    Teams play us, win the battle and they will come away with some degree of a result.
    Yogi has to learn to win the battle especially when all the pitches are in such a poor state of quality a the moment.
    When we try to play football look at how the ball bobbles and players take that extra touch and are closed down.

Today was a result of us playing quite well without creating any real danger.
    They scored down Stevensons side (How long can someone live off MOM in the Cup Final) and a distaster from Stacks (If that had been Maka the thread would still be running now.)
    From that moment our heads went down and yes they wanted it more than us.
    Its only a week since we could not get out of our own half in the second half against Ross County we were lethargic then and again today.

The problem with the Hibs at the moment is they are waiting for something to happen as opposed to making it happen.

If we do not get the sleeves rolled up on Tuesday from the Kick Off, well at least it will be a good bevvy session up there.

C'MON HIBS TURN THIS AROUND!!
    That's a spot on analysis. There is no decent football playing side that achieves the skilful stuff without first creating the physical platform on which to do it. It doesn't matter if you look at Man U, Arsenal, Barcelona or whatever, they all compete physically in a way that would be totally alien to the current Hibs side. Some of it isn't even physical, its about closing down space when you don't have the ball and terrising your opponents when they have it so that they can't pick easy passes.

We have too many players who are top class in thier own minds but fail to deliver on the pitch week in and week out and too many who are sadly just not good enough. Overlay that with a manager who is frankly still learning how to do the job at a higher level and you have a recipe for sublime or ridiculous by turn.

Coaching Staff
    We would however win the MPL (MiddleEarth Premier League) quite convincingly, with our outstanding array of Hobbit-like talent sprinkled throughout the side. We also have our very own moany faced Gollum in Derek Riordan. Our side is only slightly bigger than a standard subbuteo team. In fact, my Hibs subbuteo team puts in stronger tackles and has more pace, as long as I catch them right. Tis true.....it is indeed all in the wrist action. The whole side are as weak as Zouma's hamstrings.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    We would however win the MPL (MiddleEarth Premier League) quite convincingly, with our outstanding array of Hobbit-like talent sprinkled throughout the side. We also have our very own moany faced Gollum in Derek Riordan. Our side is only slightly bigger than a standard subbuteo team. In fact, my Hibs subbuteo team puts in stronger tackles and has more pace, as long as I catch them right. Tis true.....it is indeed all in the wrist action. The whole side are as weak as Zouma's hamstrings.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

Agree 100%. No lack of effort, plenty lack of , confidence, belief and ability. I thought it was even until Stack virtually threw the ball in the net and then any confidence the players had vanished, Hearts got a quick second and we resorted to aimless hoofs. When we did get the ball down and play as they tired after Deek scored we looked better but it was too late.

Making Obua look the best player on the pitch is unacceptable though and Bamba especially should be having a good look at himself. As for those on here who wanted Thicot back, you got your answer why he's not been playing before. He's useless.

We've lacked pace and width all season and on Tuesday we'll be relying on Deek and Stokes to see us through