hibs.net Messageboard

Bitter Yams - all 3 stands

While trying to shut out the horror of Hibs play today, I took in some of the atmosphere around the PBS which was interesting and revealed a lot about the typical Yam. At various stages in the game, the ball would go out for a Hibs throw or a rare corner kick which would signal the cue for masses (and I mean a huge proportion) of Yams in the area to stand up, gesture and hurl venom at the nearest Hibs player. At other times, all 3 stands broke into abusive song about Ian Murray, Derek Riordan or Anthony Stokes - real personal venomous stuff.

While ever clb has its vocal and extreme sections of fans, I can think of no other ground in Scotland - even the OF - where virtually ALL the home fans act like complete demented hooligans. These were not just teenage nutters, but old guys, women, and v young kids - all deeply disturbing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While trying to shut out the horror of Hibs play today, I took in some of the atmosphere around the PBS which was interesting and revealed a lot about the typical Yam. At various stages in the game, the ball would go out for a Hibs throw or a rare corner kick which would signal the cue for masses (and I mean a huge proportion) of Yams in the area to stand up, gesture and hurl venom at the nearest Hibs player. At other times, all 3 stands broke into abusive song about Ian Murray, Derek Riordan or Anthony Stokes - real personal venomous stuff.

While ever clb has its vocal and extreme sections of fans, I can think of no other ground in Scotland - even the OF - where virtually ALL the home fans act like complete demented hooligans. These were not just teenage nutters, but old guys, women, and v young kids - all deeply disturbing.
    Got to expect that in a derby! I have heard some nasty stuff being shouted at hearts players at ER. Sounds to me like you are hurting bad about the result and are clutching at straws!

its called football and it is called supporting your team, take off the green shades..

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Got to expect that in a derby! I have heard some nasty stuff being shouted at hearts players at ER. Sounds to me like you are hurting bad about the result and are clutching at straws!
    We leave that to yam fuds to clutch straws. You can clutch away.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    its called football and it is called supporting your team, take off the green shades..
    Exactly, would rather we had this and create an intimidating atmosphere for opposition players, maybe put them off a bit when taking corners or something than everyone sitting in their hands doing nothing.

Left by mutual consent!
    ah thought a lotta the tramps were quiet,even when they went 2-0 up!!

Ps Tynie is a hole!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    Exactly, would rather we had this and create an intimidating atmosphere for opposition players, maybe put them off a bit when taking corners or something than everyone sitting in their hands doing nothing.
    You've not been out much eh.

FFS Intimidating atmosphere... I got more atmosphere in the Roseburn pre kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post

Was that you're first derby? Because lets face it, that is what the derby is all about - they hate us, we hate them and that hatred will be on show from fans at derby's from both sides regardless of regardless of age or sex. I wouldn't change it for the world.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    You've not been out much eh.

FFS Intimidating atmosphere... I got more atmosphere in the Roseburn pre kick off.

That is the only thing I will look back upon today with a smile, all the rest was awful, first time I've ever been in the Roseburn and I walk in, everyone singing about Hamish and then Nade, the entire time I was in there, it was never quiet, full on singing, non-stop.