hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Faxed Back to Kaunas

Season's over folks

Sorry to say it but today marked the end of our season. We made a very limited Hearts team look like world beaters and things are just going to get worse on that evidence. Defeatist I may be, but who honestly thinks we have a prayer on Tuesday night? All the confidence I had in Yogi has evaporated and sadly I think we just have to put the first few months of the season down to being a fluke.

Cup exit on the way and a sixth place finish looking likely.

Kneejerk? Nope, just realistic.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to say it but today marked the end of our season. We made a very limited Hearts team look like world beaters and things are just going to get worse on that evidence. Defeatist I may be, but who honestly thinks we have a prayer on Tuesday night? All the confidence I had in Yogi has evaporated and sadly I think we just have to put the first few months of the season down to being a fluke.

Aye, complete and utter, season over my arse.

see you next season then

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Obviously kept away from tall buildings, sharp instruments & pills during the Miller, Blobby & Mixu eras

Dry yer eyes

I actually agree with you. this team has no fight whatsoever and are heading backwards, we will struggle to win another game this season if the players are not prepared to work, fight and more importantly show character which they severly lack.

I expect threads of this ilk on mass if we lose on Tuesday, however, if we win the cup and finish 6th, I will be delighted with that! It ain't over till it's over!

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Yes we've been gash lately but it's a bit premature for the suicide watch is it no?

The season is no over until the fat lady sings,and I'm no ready to sing yet

Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    I expect threads of this ilk on mass if we lose on Tuesday, however, if we win the cup and finish 6th, I will be delighted with that! It ain't over till it's over!

nicely said,

If we play like this on tuesday, i think we should save everyones times and money and effort just forfeit the match.

I think everyones feeling let down today, not because we got beat, well it has helped, but there was a lack of passion and fight and effort from the players today.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Yup. No suicide watch until we see what Dingwall brings. We can still win the SC & that would make up for all this pash & then some.
    Won't admittedly happen unless we start playing football, of course. I detest losing to the Jumbos, but Tuesday is more important. Lose that & the new stand's foundations might have more use than the stand.
    In Yogi we're losing trust.
    Gies it back.
    GG

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

get a grip!!
    Still in for 3rd, still in the cup

@hibs.net private member

You're never slow to put yourself forward as .net's premier Harbinger of Doom Mags - I can understand your sceptisism after enduring that pish though - made to look like schoolboys at set pieces at times!

My head's not down that much yet though - we're still in the cup and contrary to what you're saying I think we've every chance of pushing through to the semis. If we're out on Tue though I'll join you in the queue to jump off the nearest cliff

Time to turn it around yet, looking increasingly unlikely that's gonna happen though.

Ross County are 15/4 to win on Tuesday...

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Wouldn't say over.

Get yer heid up man!
    We're all absolutely gutted today, but Tuesday's game is the big one.

We have been through much worse than this

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Season over - slight exageration personally.

However, the OP has a point. Nothing comes for free and taking account the work ethic and teamwork of the Hibs team over the last few weeks, I'd be surprised if we achieve what many were touting prior to Xmas

The manager takes accountability for this. Absolutely.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The seasons over, great news. It was over in January last season, and its now march 20th. Proof progress is being made.

@hibs.net private member HONG KONG PHOOEY's Avatar

Do you ever post anything that is positivde about Hibs or Scotland ? Why is our season ever when we are 5th in the league and are still in the scottish cup cup ? We deservedly got beat today but are still ther making improvements on last year. I am not happy with our recent games but the season is not over only harder !!!!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Spot on mate we were garbage.

haha so many people just giving up see if we ever go to war with hibs remind me to leave most of you lot at home quiters

Why are people having a go at the OP the way the team is playing and their desire to change things certainly make it look like the season is over. This is not a knee jerk reaction to todays game but the last few. No fight, effort or character shown by these players in games like today and the SCQF indicate they do not have it in them. i to hell hope I'm wrong and this time next week we are in the SCSF and just beaten falkirk but I cannae see it. It guts me to believe this but I can't see anyother scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesmorrison View Post
    haha so many people just giving up see if we ever go to war with hibs remind me to leave most of you lot at home quiters
    It looks like the players have as well, sad to say.

No it's not over but I dont think we'll turn it round because we dont have the leaders.

Riordan?
    Miller?
    Murray?

Dont think so. Cant see any of the current team sticking their head above the parapet.

6th place finish and cup exit on the cards. Prove me wrong Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Doomed I tell you, doomed..what a load of tosh..

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN...sh-FA-Cup.html

mmmm i wonder how much the result today will affect the number of people going to ross county on tuseday? i will be there ive supported hibs in much worse times than now cmon the hibees

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I`ll wait till after Tuesday to decide if seasons over, and as much as I wish I could argue a case against the OP, he could well be correct.

I just hope the players accept that Tuesday night is a game that they simply can`t afford to lose.

@hibs.net private member HONG KONG PHOOEY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    Why are people having a go at the OP the way the team is playing and their desire to change things certainly make it look like the season is over. This is not a knee jerk reaction to todays game but the last few. No fight, effort or character shown by these players in games like today and the SCQF indicate they do not have it in them. i to hell hope I'm wrong and this time next week we are in the SCSF and just beaten falkirk but I cannae see it. It guts me to believe this but I can't see anyother scenario.
    If its not a "knee jerk" reaction why is your thinking over a few weeks and not the season so far ?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesmorrison View Post
    mmmm i wonder how much the result today will affect the number of people going to ross county on tuseday? i will be there ive supported hibs in much worse times than now cmon the hibees
    I don't think it will affect the number much to be honest.

Die hards will go irrespective and I'm looking forward to it already.