hibs.net Messageboard

I want 3rd and at least the semi-finals

We have the players, if not the collective resolve or mentality. I am sickened to see both Dundee United and Motherwell leap frog us and look like world beaters, whilst our team of misfits dish out more heartache, and fall behind and into 5th after such a commanding position over our rivals of points, goal difference and games in hand. I am also infuriated to see Yogi refuse to address the issues dogging both our midfield and defence. How many times do we have to concede/surrender midfield to the opposition before he actually spots a pattern? We need blood and guts performances from here until the end of the season, and not half-hearted/disinterested/apathetic showings.
    Like I say: I want 3rd and at least the semi-finals. This is not being ambitious. this is the least I expect from this season.
    End of rant

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    I agree that third place and cup semi should now be minimum expectation.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

I want gets nothing.

'infuriated'? 'sickened'? Are you actually, literally 'sickened' just because Well and Arabs have gone ahead of us in the league

Its Hibs, remember.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'infuriated'? 'sickened'? Are you actually, literally 'sickened' just because Well and Arabs have gone ahead of us in the league

Its Hibs, remember.
    Yes to both. And yes, I know it's Hibs and we have failed to win anything for nearly 97% of our history, but I can only focus on the present, and at present, we are performing poorly. We have greater resources than our two main rivals and yet we have conspired to let our commanding position slip away and are currently in free-fall confidence and performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by noseyhibby View Post
    are currently in free-fall confidence and performance wise.
    I dont see how us moaning and hounding the team is going to help improve this though. I too thought saturday was a joke but its past now, We've got a derby on sat so lets get behind the team and hope for a decent result

Yes to both. And yes, I know it's Hibs and we have failed to win anything for nearly 97% of our history, but I can only focus on the present, and at present, we are performing poorly. We have greater resources than our two main rivals and yet we have conspired to let our commanding position slip away and are currently in free-fall confidence and performance wise.
    Sorry but I feel the lack of perspective on this board recently is just laughable. Its either triumph or disaster from week to week. We must be the most hysterical, melodramatic drama queens in football.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy_g88 View Post
    I dont see how us moaning and hounding the team is going to help improve this though. I too thought saturday was a joke but its past now, We've got a derby on sat so lets get behind the team and hope for a decent result
    I for one never hound or boo my team, irrespective of how they are performing. I save all my real moaning for this site.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

I want gets nothing.
    I don't want us to win the replay

I don't want us to win the semi

I don't want us to win the cup

I don't want us to finish third

I want to be a Yam.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Sorry but I feel the lack of perspective on this board recently is just laughable. Its either triumph or disaster from week to week. We must be the most hysterical, melodramatic drama queens in football.
    I'm actually smiling at your last sentence. There is a truth in there somewhere. This is what makes us football supporters.

Haha you were literally sickened aye? This makes me assume one of these 3 statements is true about you:

1) You care about Hibs so much that their failures actually make you ill.

2) You have a strangely weak stomach.

Or more realistically:

3) You are one of the growing list of people who don't know the appropriate use of the word literally. You probably go round saying you're literally on top of the world right now, or tell someone off by saying they're literally on very thin ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory89 View Post
    Haha you were literally sickened aye? This makes me assume one of these 3 statements is true about you:

1) You care about Hibs so much that their failures actually make you ill.

2) You have a strangely weak stomach.

Or more realistically:

3) You are one of the growing list of people who don't know the appropriate use of the word literally. You probably go round saying you're literally on top of the world right now, or tell someone off by saying they're literally on very thin ice.
    And you sound like the type of person who takes everything literally.

If someone says something's on the TV do you look on the top of the big box in the corner?

God knows what you do when you 'hail a taxi'! Do you get down on the ground paying homage to it?

The guy is obviously p'd off with losing ground in the league considering that European football was looking like a certainty for most of the season. Give him a break.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    About the size of it, famine or feast, one week we can compete with the OF, next we are the worst team on the planet.

Left by mutual consent! Disco Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post

If someone says something's on the TV do you look on the top of the big box in the corner?

God knows what you do when you 'hail a taxi'! Do you get down on the ground paying homage to it?

The guy is obviously p'd off with losing ground in the league considering that European football was looking like a certainty for most of the season. Give him a break.
    He's saying he's 'sickened' that we've slipped just behind two other teams into 5th with 10 games or so left and Europe still a strong possibility. If this sickens you, how do you cope with the Livvy final? or the 4-0 Semi in the 86th minute when you're the only Hibby left in your row and 25,000 yams are singing OTHAG at you?

He's saying he's 'sickened' that we've slipped just behind two other teams into 5th with 10 games or so left and Europe still a strong possibility. If this sickens you, how do you cope with the Livvy final? or the 4-0 Semi in the 86th minute when you're the only Hibby left in your row and 25,000 yams are singing OTHAG at you?
    I understand what you're saying and the guy (as we all were) was devastated at those times. I just didn't see the need to pull him up on his choice of word to describe how he's feeling.

At least his post was grammatically correct because if it wasn't then I wouldn't be so kind to him!

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post

No I don't take everything literally, I'm sure I've said something sickens me when it hasn't physically made me sick. You're right I am being pedantic, it's just a pet hate of mine when people say something is literally this or that when it isn't.

I'll happily let people's mistakes slide most of the time, but the other day a girl I live with was telling her friend that this club was literally 2 seconds from the flat, and this strange part of my brain had to explain that it was in fact literally 10 minutes away.

What can I say I'm a bellend.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    No I don't take everything literally, I'm sure I've said something sickens me when it hasn't physically made me sick. You're right I am being pedantic, it's just a pet hate of mine when people say something is literally this or that when it isn't.

I'll happily let people's mistakes slide most of the time, but the other day a girl I live with was telling her friend that this club was literally 2 seconds from the flat, and this strange part of my brain had to explain that it was in fact literally 10 minutes away.

Literally?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    Literally?
    I must say that made me laugh!

At least you're being honest in saying that you are being pedantic. I will leave others to decide whether you're a bellend. I personally don't resort to petty name calling and try to stick to the actual topic.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    About the size of it, famine or feast, one week we can compete with the OF, next we are the worst team on the planet.
    2nd worst behind Hearts.