hibs.net Messageboard

24,000 at Ibrox!!

Another poor crowd for another Scottish cup tie. Times are indeed hard for a lot of people, it would appear that the majority of the footballing public are no longer excited by this competition. I have to be honest and say that I'm one of those. Maybe it's because it gets no better than winning the league cup in front of 35-40,000 fellow Hibbies in 2007.
    Last edited by noseyhibby; 16-03-2010 at 07:16 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by noseyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another poor crowd for another Scottish cup tie. Times are indeed hard for a lot of people, it would appear that the majority of the footballing public are no longer excited by this competition anymore. I have to be honest and say that I'm one of those. Maybe it's because it gets no better than winning the league cup in front of 35-40,000 fellow Hibbies in 2007.
    but if they/we get to the final....the missing fans will return in their thousands

It's tough to get to Glasgow from Inverness, Aberdeen, Orkney and Belfast for a 12:05pm kick off.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    but if they/we get to the final....the missing fans will return in their thousands
    You say that like it's a bad thing, yet if we only took 12k to Hampden there'd be an uproar on here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    It's tough to get to Glasgow from Inverness, Aberdeen, Orkney and Belfast for a 12:05pm kick off.
    You said it

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    I got told today it was only £3 for a child to get into ibrox today,surely even the ****miest weegie could afford to go.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    I got told today it was only £3 for a child to get into ibrox today,surely even the ****miest weegie could afford to go.
    You'd think so, there's bound to have been many a Weegie wain desperate to take it's maw to the game for mothers day!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    You'd think so, there's bound to have been many a Weegie wain desperate to take it's maw to the game for mothers day!
    Huns have mothers?

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Another poor crowd for another Scottish cup tie. Times are indeed hard for a lot of people, it would appear that the majority of the footballing public are no longer excited by this competition anymore. I have to be honest and say that I'm one of those. Maybe it's because it gets no better than winning the league cup in front of 35-40,000 fellow Hibbies in 2007.
    It was live on cooncil tv so I imagine that might have had something to do with it in these "post" recessionary times!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Huns have mothers?
    Just as well it isnae Fathers Day that wouldve been a lot trickier for a lot of them!

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Precisely and also not convenient for people from Dundee I imagine, Rangers probably have 2-3,000 regulars living in Edinburgh and more in rest of Lothians/Central Scotland - in fact for anyone outwith Glasgow was a pretty early start.

Was it really beyond BBC to show this game at 3pm - pathetic from BBC and not very impressed clubs who knew the distances involved (via the SFA presumably) agreed to 1205 start.

Couldn't care less about the transport problems faced by plastic psuedo bigots in small towns. I'd play all huns and celtic games at 4.00 am, preferably behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Couldn't care less about the transport problems faced by plastic psuedo bigots in small towns. I'd play all huns and celtic games at 4.00 am, preferably behind closed doors.
    I agree. In fact, can we deduce that there are in fact a mere 20+ thousand genuine supporters of Rangers who actually reside in Glasgow., and the rest come from out-with. Just think if these glory hunters actually went to watch their local teams how radically different and competitive Scottish football might become.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    Aye but how much was the flights from Belfast and London costing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Yes but those who can see the bigger picture can see that all of Scottish football suffers if Scottish Cup loses appeal - much more important long-term worry which merits more than gloating about fans of other clubs in an absurdly stereoptypical view being inconvenienced (plus United fans were also inconvenienced).

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Half full stadium destroys their argument for more than 50% tickets for the final based on their season tickets, as clearly those ST holders didn't all go..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    I agree. In fact, can we deduce that there are in fact a mere 20+ thousand genuine supporters of Rangers who actually reside in Glasgow., and the rest come from out-with. Just think if these glory hunters actually went to watch their local teams how radically different and competitive Scottish football might become.
    When coming back from Ibrox it's unbelievable the amount of Rangers supporter buses you see even once you reach Livingston area.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scottish Football would die without the Old Firm.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Bull****. The Old Firm would die without the rest of Scottish football. It has been proved time after time no one else wants them. They need Scottish football more than it needs them. If only the rest of us had the balls to stand up to them and their pet referees and the kow towers at the SFA etc.

I think winning the Scottish Cup in front of the same numbers would be even better. Just I'm no too auld to enjoy it.

I think each individual in the team should treat the old firm with total contempt and play accordingly. the problem is that they have no expectation heaped upon them by the institution that is Hibernian F.C. they think that its no big deal to get knocked out the Scottish Cup by Ross County for example. The path is clear for the Ugly Sisters to be destroyed but no other club has the balls to carry it out...

That is a good hun crowd. I remember pre Souness glory hunting when they were getting half that.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernating View Post
    That is a good hun crowd. I remember pre Souness glory hunting when they were getting half that.
    Were they not down to 4,000 to 5,000 at one point while Ibrox was being reconstructed and Aberdeen and Dundee United ruling the roost?

There were certainly that sort of home support towards the end of the two 3-0 Hibs wins at Ibrox.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Bull****. The Old Firm would die without the rest of Scottish football. It has been proved time after time no one else wants them. They need Scottish football more than it needs them. If only the rest of us had the balls to stand up to them and their pet referees and the kow towers at the SFA etc.
    I know, I was making a joke. (Yes I know it wasn't funny).