hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Gut feeling for the replay?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm confident. We'll come good and win.

56 29.95%
  • Not confident but I think we'll scrape it, maybe on pens

50 26.74%
  • Think we'll probably get beat

55 29.41%
  • No chance. We'll get thumped.

8 4.28%
  • Don't know, I'll see how I feel after the derby

18 9.63%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso

Looking forward to the replay (merged)

We really are not looking forward to this replay.

Think even the most positive of Hibs fans will admit we really have not done ourselves any favours. Thats not to say its all doom and gloom.

I wasn't at the game today, but from most people's reaction and the BBC website, we can count ourselves lucky to be in a replay.

How has this team got soooo bad recently? What's going wrong?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really are not looking forward to this replay.

Think even the most positive of Hibs fans will admit we really have not done ourselves any favours. Thats not to say its all doom and gloom.

I wasn't at the game today, but from most people's reaction and the BBC website, we can count ourselves lucky to be in a replay.

How has this team got soooo bad recently? What's going wrong?
    We really should be out the cup, very lucky. Can't see us winning up there at all tbh.

I doubt we will go thru, chance gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernating View Post
    I doubt we will go thru, chance gone.
    I predict a comprehensive loss of 3-0. Hibs are in free-fall in terms of passion, commitment and tactical know how. Confidence has been shattered by a succession of poor results and performances, broken by a 1-0 solitary victory against a poor Kilmarnock. It's deja vu when it comes to watching Hibs - an all too familiar story. I look forward now to seeing a completed stadium, so it's not all bad news. Hopefully by then we will have resolved playing staff issues.

Certain Defeat....

Most posters are postulating we have no chance in the replay in Dingwall and while i tend to agree,the last time i felt this way was away to the yams at the tail end of last season where we ran out quite comfortable winners so maybe if we all keep up the doommongering we might get a wee surprise on the 23rd,fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member
    we are certs to turn them over up there. wee teams rarely get it right twice. Does Dingwall have a Johnny Foxes?

Hopefully the fury from today's game will still be there and we will win. We ****ing better win.

Hibs are a complete and utter shambles at the moment. The pitch, the team, the East stand, the management. Todays "performance" was as bad as anything I've seen since the Blobby or even Sauzee days. In this latest Cup run, we've been handed the easiest draw I can ever recall, and still we contrive to cock it up. Little wonder so few decided to attend today - cup quarterfinal at ER against lower league opp and we could fill 3 stands - pathetic.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Positives - we're in the hat for the semis. From a selfish point of view I wouldn't have made the Dundee Utd game on the 24th now I will make the rearranged match. But it's gonna be one hell of a battle to make Hampden next month, I'm not sure we have what it takes to win up there, but at least we still have the chance to do so.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    Hibs are a complete and utter shambles at the moment. The pitch, the team, the East stand, the management. Todays "performance" was as bad as anything I've seen since the Blobby or even Sauzee days. In this latest Cup run, we've been handed the easiest draw I can ever recall, and still we contrive to cock it up. Little wonder so few decided to attend today - cup quarterfinal at ER against lower league opp and we could fill 3 stands - pathetic.
    oh dear, everything is a shambles. Away and have a wee lie down FFS

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by spudhib View Post
    Most posters are postulating we have no chance in the replay in Dingwall and while i tend to agree,the last time i felt this way was away to the yams at the tail end of last season where we ran out quite comfortable winners so maybe if we all keep up the doommongering we might get a wee surprise on the 23rd,fingers crossed.
    Sums up how poor a team Hibs have become that we're all regarding a trip to play Ross bleedin' County (who weren't even a league side until a few years ago) as the equivalent of a trip to the Nou Camp. It was fair enough being a bit fearful of going into a derby with a weak team but to be this pessimistic about a trip to Dingwall is desperately sad.

Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    I agree the team is a shambles, the management lacking, the pitch pathetic, but the poor wee east stand does not come into the equation. I look forward to its completion. It will look impressive to the players running out the tunnel. BTW I didn't go to todays game as it would have left me all but skint til the end of the month. It was a last minute decision. All I can say is Phew! I made the right call.

We'll win.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    Sums up how poor a team Hibs have become that we're all regarding a trip to play Ross bleedin' County (who weren't even a league side until a few years ago) as the equivalent of a trip to the Nou Camp. It was fair enough being a bit fearful of going into a derby with a weak team but to be this pessimistic about a trip to Dingwall is desperately sad.
    I recall Inverness Caley being in the same boat and seen in the same light, and look at our pathetic record up there. Hibs simply don't like travelling up to the north west. it brings out the collective worst. I predict a 3-0 defeat. it's deja vu, its all too predictable..it's......well....it's Hibs.

I'd almost fancy us away from home now that they've had a reality check.
    Hibs have started these three cup ties pathetically to be honest; Irvine Meadow and Montrose both missed sitters in the first five minutes, Ross County should've converted their free header in the same period. The first two teams were too weak to truly threaten us, but it's been almost textbook stuff in how not to deal with a lower league side - we've given them all every encouragement.

Ditch the half-arsed approach, go up there and put out a side that is capable of dictating a game without leaving wide open spaces that gives an opponent every hope that their chances will come. Most importantly, man the **** up. Apathetic fannying about nearly put us out the cup today and the same again WILL put us out the cup next week. Learn the lessons, show and bit of guts and do yourselves justice for once.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by noseyhibby View Post
    I recall Inverness Caley being in the same boat and seen in the same light, and look at our pathetic record up there. Hibs simply don't like travelling up to the north west. it brings out the collective worst. I predict a 3-0 defeat. it's deja vu, its all too predictable..it's......well....it's Hibs.
    As I've said before it's the 'ah well that's Hibs for you' attitude that is a major reason the club does not have as much success as it should. Too many fans just accept that 'we are crap up north' rather than make the club aware that such a state of affairs is unacceptable, not to mention embarrassing. It is pathetic that we fear such games. I dearly hope I'm wrong and we pull of a win in the replay but nothing I've seen from the current side has shown me they have the spine for such a game.

Some of the posts on this and other threads are awful. So bad, they have to be yams.

Get a grip of yourselves FFS and stop wetting your pants.

Bookies will have us as Fav's to win............and they're not often wrong.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MussyHibby View Post
    Who was Fav's today?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MussyHibby View Post
    Bookies had Hibs as strong favourites today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Who was Fav's today?
    "not often wrong" i said. They were today. But then anybody that goes to ER regularly will know that we were always going to be up against it today. But then I thought the players would have thought that too, but no eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Some of the posts on this and other threads are awful. So bad, they have to be yams.

Get a grip of yourselves FFS and stop wetting your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    As I've said before it's the 'ah well that's Hibs for you' attitude that is a major reason the club does not have as much success as it should. Too many fans just accept that 'we are crap up north' rather than make the club aware that such a state of affairs is unacceptable, not to mention embarrassing. It is pathetic that we fear such games. I dearly hope I'm wrong and we pull of a win in the replay but nothing I've seen from the current side has shown me they have the spine for such a game.
    After nearly 50 years of watching Hibs, I have every right to resign myself to a typical Hibs result, but the players, who are half of my age have no right to go to places like Dingwall, or Inverness Caley and give up before a ball's been kicked.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Does anyone else think that Yogi needs to come out and show shis anger at the team? we have been nothing short of sh*** the last month or so and i cant see how he can keep saying "the lads have done this for the me this season" etc... we ahve been murder of late!!
    Hibernian Football Club

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar

Travel to Dingwall

How on earth do you get to Dingwall? Looks like an 8 hour round trip at least.

Really in two minds about this one. It will be brilliant if Hibs win and we've made the effort to go up but a defeat will be absolute misery and, at the moment, a defeat seems likely.

Going to have to stay a night at least and if Hibs get beat I can't see me ever putting in the effort in again to go to awkward away games.

What's the general consensus and when's the game likely to take place. I love the games where the pure hardcore are there but jesus this is pushing it.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Up to Inverness, over the Kessock Bridge and head on about another 15 miles or so! Replay is Tuesday 23rd March.
    Last edited by PC Stamp; 13-03-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Up past Inverness it's a straight road. 23rd I heard. Give yourself plenty time to get there but quicker back down at 10 o'clock.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Port Seton to Dingwall is clocking in at 3hrs 38 according to Google.

Hoping we can tan it up the A90 and do it in just over 3.

Got to Cairngorm in 2hrs 35 last week so hopefully more of the same.

Left by mutual consent!
    Will be a good night as only the hardcore will make the effort.

if you book early you can normally get a train for less than £30.