hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goncalves

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar

Goncalves

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sp...ely.6141683.jp

Are these ****wits stupid or what, 40odd million in debt and they are offering Goncalves 13 grand a week. Now either hearts hierarchy are just plain stupid or FJK is just plain lying about the offer they have made. Now as FJK is clearly above lying to the hearts support they board must just be plain stupid and intent on ruining the club.

still 108 and all that eh guys

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sp...ely.6141683.jp

Are these ****wits stupid or what, 40odd million in debt and they are offering Goncalves 13 grand a week. Now either hearts hierarchy are just plain stupid or FJK is just plain lying about the offer they have made. Now as FJK is clearly above lying to the hearts support they board must just be plain stupid and intent on ruining the club.

still 108 and all that eh guys
    It's actually quite a smart move as they are obviously gambling on him moving on for a transfer fee next season. It's exactly what they did with Craig Gordon and if you pay Concalves £13,000 a week for a year at £700,000 and sell him for £1.5m you are quids in.

That's assuming anyone would pay that much which is doubtful but you can see what they are trying to do but he is no daft and as a free agent he will pocket a massive signing on fee as the buying club will get him for nought.

£13k a week

Outrageous money for an SPL player. Obviously wanting a deal so they can sell him on with the hope of a very high offer?

If my club was hitting £40 million in debt and offering £13k a week to one player I'd be demanding answers.

But hey, I could be a yam and close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears and stamp up and down like a two year old, and scream "Blah blah blah, 108 years, blah blah blah attendances"

It's not Vlad who is stupid. It's the fans.

The club have publicly said that they are imposing a wage structure.

Fat Jim has publicly said that Goncalves should repay the club for what they have spent.

The ONLY POSSIBLE interpretation of the £13k p/week offer is that they have a buyer lined up for the summer.

Yet a look on JKB shows the fans saying FJK is correct to concentrate on young players for next season. Has it not occurred to them that he wouldn't be playing next season either way!!!

If Goncalves had signed, he would be playing right now and would be sold in the summer and everyone at the club would be happy. There would be no supposed "looking to the future" nonsense being spouted.

Fat Jim is a trerrible, terrible liar who contradicts himself regularly to do what Vlad says.

For the hoards to not see the lies is just astonishing. I'm actually starting to think that Vlad settled on Hearts after a worlwide search for the most stupid and gullable fans in existance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    It's actually quite a smart move as they are obviously gambling on him moving on for a transfer fee next season. It's exactly what they did with Craig Gordon and if you pay Concalves £13,000 a week for a year at £700,000 and sell him for £1.5m you are quids in.

That's assuming anyone would pay that much which is doubtful but you can see what they are trying to do but he is no daft and as a free agent he will pocket a massive signing on fee as the buying club will get him for nought.
    hearts and smart move rarely go together though, got this little gem from the comments under the story on the EEN page

The Hobos flock to stories about Hearts. Their obsession with hearts knows no bounds.

If memory serves me right it was fairly recently that Tam Farmer had to bail out Hibs because they were heading for oblivion. Since that day they have become obsessed with Hearts finances and wishing a similar fate for Hearts.

Well even if a similar fate does come about and we will sit and then go through a similar prudent spell Hibs have went through. It has done Hibs no real harm and it won't do Hearts real harm either. IF IT EVER HAPPENS.

Now since a few Hobos have a little hope that this year may be theirs with that joke of a cup run coming to an end lets assume that they win the cup and their new stand is packed to the full. The rise of expectation brings about the need for better players and higher salaries.

Now you have the picture and knowledge. Just try it out for yourselves(if you can) and try not to be too obsessed with your larger neighbour. ;-)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I wonder which part of the "I'm leaving Hearts" statment Jose made months ago Jumbo Jim didn't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I wonder which part of the "I'm leaving Hearts" statment Jose made months ago Jumbo Jim didn't understand?
    to be fair it would be hard for FJK to hear given that he was having to concentrate on not fainting as vlad and mini me gang banged him with there mighty submarines

Not really that smart as every man and his dug knows Concalves can leave in three months for nowt

I'm sure that there probably is some deal done somewhere already by Concalves's agent and the Yams are on for a payday equalling £000.000

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Not really that smart as every man and his dug knows Concalves can leave in three months for nowt

I'm sure that there probably is some deal done somewhere already by Concalves's agent and the Yams are on for a payday equalling £000.000
    Hearts have given it their best shot which is both smart and sensible and now utterly futile and a complete waste of time as I'm sure there is a club lined up who are paying Concalves a huge signing on fee and Hearts will as you say get nowt and it is Concalves is absolutely quids in.

However it's all just a little more detailed and involved than the simplistic why pay someone £13k a week when you have £30m of debt..

Hearts have given it their best shot which is both smart and sensible and now utterly futile and a complete waste of time as I'm sure there is a club lined up who are paying Concalves a huge signing on fee and Hearts will as you say get nowt and it is Concalves is absolutely quids in.

However it's all just a little more detailed and involved than the simplistic why pay someone £13k a week when you have £30m of debt..

Aye, who knows what the **** goes on behind pink doors down at the PBS

It does seem strange that in recent times they have been trying to get most of the overpaid hoofers of the wage bill but are offering an average player £13,000 a week

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Hibee View Post

The club have publicly said that they are imposing a wage structure.

Fat Jim has publicly said that Goncalves should repay the club for what they have spent.

The ONLY POSSIBLE interpretation of the £13k p/week offer is that they have a buyer lined up for the summer.

Yet a look on JKB shows the fans saying FJK is correct to concentrate on young players for next season. Has it not occurred to them that he wouldn't be playing next season either way!!!

If Goncalves had signed, he would be playing right now and would be sold in the summer and everyone at the club would be happy. There would be no supposed "looking to the future" nonsense being spouted.

Fat Jim is a trerrible, terrible liar who contradicts himself regularly to do what Vlad says.

For the hoards to not see the lies is just astonishing. I'm actually starting to think that Vlad settled on Hearts after a worlwide search for the most stupid and gullable fans in existance.

Loving the bit in bold.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Was in the EEN today that Jefferies says Goncalves will definitely go in the summer, so not that he is aware that Goncalves is leaving incase he didn't get the message the first time, will he refuse to play him now? I doubt it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    [/B]

Aye, who knows what the **** goes on behind pink doors down at the PBS

It does seem strange that in recent times they have been trying to get most of the overpaid hoofers of the wage bill but are offering an average player £13,000 a week
    As stated earlier in the thread, the only one of their high earners who is worth a transfer fee of any note is Goncalves. Nade and Kingston will struggle to find another club and Palazuelos <sp> is over-rated and has little sell-on value due to wage demands.

I don't know what sort of wage Driver is on, but he and Wallace are about the only other assets of any note.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    hearts and smart move rarely go together though, got this little gem from the comments under the story on the EEN page

The Hobos flock to stories about Hearts. Their obsession with hearts knows no bounds.

If memory serves me right it was fairly recently that Tam Farmer had to bail out Hibs because they were heading for oblivion. Since that day they have become obsessed with Hearts finances and wishing a similar fate for Hearts.

Well even if a similar fate does come about and we will sit and then go through a similar prudent spell Hibs have went through. It has done Hibs no real harm and it won't do Hearts real harm either. IF IT EVER HAPPENS.

Now since a few Hobos have a little hope that this year may be theirs with that joke of a cup run coming to an end lets assume that they win the cup and their new stand is packed to the full. The rise of expectation brings about the need for better players and higher salaries.

Now you have the picture and knowledge. Just try it out for yourselves(if you can) and try not to be too obsessed with your larger neighbour. ;-)

Aye, they're right, if you aren't paying this sort of money to retain a guy your chief wants to sell you're never going to win the Champions League as predicted in 2008.
    I am not obsessed, like other guys I know who DO NOT support Hibs I am just drawn to the madness and comedy mix that goes on over there and genuinely stunned that they care so little that they allow it to happen, when/if the return on investment for Concalves is realised do any of them even wonder where its gone?

Is it not fairly likely Goncalves has already signed for someone else or made it clear he will leave. Thus leaving the Yams free to release statements saying they've offered him 'x thousands of pounds a week' to keep the fans happy.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Hibee View Post
    Nae doubt about that , hand picked by virtue of them being in the worst situation ground wise and with a vulnerable balance sheet but crucially for Vlad, a decent sized subservient fan base to milk - he might be amazed at how long he has managed it - he had a look at Dunfermline and maybe Dundee if rumours are to be believed, but the scam probably fitted either club on a smaller scale so less potential to be sucked out of it.

Of course the believers view might be the right one. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 11-03-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: quote fixing

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanraff07 View Post
    Was in the EEN today that Jefferies says Goncalves will definitely go in the summer, so not that he is aware that Goncalves is leaving incase he didn't get the message the first time, will he refuse to play him now? I doubt it.

If they have to play Goncalves to boost their chances of a top six finish then they'll do it. Such is their ambition.

Are the Jambos still here????

Seriously: how do they manage to still offer players (Goncalves) a reported £13,000 per week and stay in business. I have been waiting for the past 4 years for our Gorgie neighbours to implode completely and be wiped off the face of the Scottish football map, and yes, of course, they will be resurrected in some fashion, but anyway the point is that they are still in business, still operating, still challenging us (even 10 points provides little comfort when we have shown a great propensity to self destruct). How on earth do they manage it? I have sat patiently waiting, almost gagging, for the news that finally, and I mean finally, tells me that they have gone into liquidation. I wait, and wait and wait and
    everyday comes and goes and still there they are, churning out yet another 1-0 penalty win, and continuing like money has gone out of fashion. They defy the laws of not just basic arithmetic, but physics with their obstinate refusal to turn over and die. They are like a wart that has been cut-off, burnt off, and even lazered, but they just dust themselves down and regrow into the ugly growth that they are.
    Last edited by noseyhibby; 11-03-2010 at 11:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noseyhibby View Post
    Seriously: how do they manage to still offer players (Goncalves) a reported £13,000 per week and stay in business. I have been waiting for the past 4 years for our Gorgie neighbours to implode completely and be wiped off the face of the Scottish football map, and yes, of course, they will be resurrected in some fashion, but anyway the point is that they are still in business, still operating, still challenging us (even 10 points provides little comfort when we have shown a great propensity to self destruct). How on earth do they manage it? I have sat patiently waiting, almost gagging, for the news that finally, and I mean finally, tells me that they have gone into liquidation. I am beside myself with utter grief and frustration that everyday comes and goes and still there they are, churning out yet another 1-0 penalty win, and continuing like money has gone out of fashion. They defy the laws of not just basic arithmetic, but physics with their obstinate refusal to turn over and die. They are like a wart that I have cut-off, burnt off, and even lazered, but they just dust themselves down and regrow into the ugly growth that they are. Please, will somebody tell me when it all ends and I can sleep easy again.
    This is perfect 'bait' for them to say still our wee neighbours an that

Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    This is perfect 'bait' for them to say still our wee neighbours an that
    Irrespective of what I write, think or say, the Jambos (since Romanov in particular) will always, and I mean always, think they are superior and that we are the wee team. My opinion matters not a jot to any one of them when it comes to taking their seat on a Gorgie Saturday afternoon.
    I refuse to be intimidated by the prospect of being called "a wee neighbour" by editing my posts.
    Last edited by noseyhibby; 11-03-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Their time will come, whether the jambos like him or not romanov is the only person keeping the club afloat as soon as he leaves its bye bye jam tarts

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It was interesting to here fat Jeff say today that even though he has never met the great Vlad, he has a good working relationship with him and that the good times are just around the corner.

@hibs.net private member

Not really a smart move for the club, its a good move from Vlad. From past transfers we know that any big money received from a transfer doesnt hit the Yams accounts, instead its stuffed into the back pocket of Vlad. Even if Jose had taken the deal and they sold him in the summer for 10 Million, it wouldnt have helped hearts any as it would never have hit their accounts, never re invested, just firmly tucked away with Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    It was interesting to here fat Jeff say today that even though he has never met the great Vlad, he has a good working relationship with him and that the good times are just around the corner.
    YouTube - for the good times karoake

They do however have a lovely wee wooden hut/stand.

Well done jumbos

We really could take a look at their club, and try and emulate all the goodness that happens at the PBS.

Mon the FJK

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    I see that FJK is at again in the Scotsman this morning, with the ' players want to come here, because everyone knows that Hearts are a big club '.

What is this pathetic infatuation with ' big ' , all the time?

I can only surmise that this is the classic - p e n i s - envy thing and that everyone connected with the club has a small dick?

Can anyone, er..., confirm this?

Well.. the thing with jambos is...... even they must recognize that Rangers is a massive club and even a global brand with huge revenues, and £31 million is a crisis to them.....
    How come a wee kak loathsome club wi no character & shickt colour shirts can be sitting pretty with more debt than Gers ..??? !!!

Fear and Denial, me thinks,
    its like watching rabbits in the middle of the road watching the on coming pretty lights!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ????? PSN ID: Nae ID. Wii Code: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    I can only surmise that this is the classic - p e n i s - envy thing and that everyone connected with the club has a small dick?

Can anyone, er..., confirm this?

I think that is only true of the players.

The fans are, of course, phannies.

What are the chances Goncalves will play against Hibs?

Not really. What happens if he signs the deal and then breaks his leg the next week? That kind of outlay can't be justified for Hearts, full stop. Craig Gordon was a different case entirely, and in the end they were lucky that Roy Keane came in and paid over the odds as he did with numerous Sunderland buys.

There would be no guarantees of him being sold in any case. Prior to rejoining Hearts this year he was on loan at a German second division team. I don't see a long list of suitors willing to pay a fee in excess of £1m, so paying £13k a week makes no sense IMHO.

The funniest thing for me is that Jefferies describes it as a "fantastic offer" without seeming to consider the consequences. Fantastic for Goncalves, but for Hearts? I think not.