hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar

Mr Hughes and Mr Stokes, Riordan and Nish - Hope you were watching last night!

I hope the guys were watching Man U last night.

What a lesson in bursting a gut to get into the right positions to score, and also gambling on the ball running their way.

true masterclass, and made a decent Milan team look very ordinary.

Also showed what happens when you have 3 or 4 players that dont track back and dont tackle.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Mind you for £150,000 a week Id chase everything too.

Quote Originally Posted by inverurie exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

What a lesson in bursting a gut to get into the right positions to score, and also gambling on the ball running their way.

Also showed what happens when you have 3 or 4 players that dont track back and dont tackle.
    Well said, i have been banging on about this for months as we seem to think we are to good to track back, apart from the game against Motherwell when we chased them all over the park and even Nish gave them no rest this was a one off.
    How they can do this for one game and then revert back to strolling about must be down to the manager, Hughes talks a good game but when it comes to the crunch the players just do their own thing, it's so simple when a team is in your face and not letting you play the ball out of defence you do the same to them but even more so. Is it to much to ask that the players just run about more ? in the modern game players have to play their part all over the pitch but Mr Hughes seems unable to see this and will pay the price if he cannot or will not change our type of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    Guy has a point though. Manure were awesome last night, happily settle for a similar result agaisnt the Staggies on sat!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Very harsh on Mr Stokes! The guy has been working his socks off lately and often without any real support.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    and for 2 or 3k a week, you wouldn't?

I don't believe for one moment the likes of Rooney is motivated by just money anyway.
    They're real determined professionals, who only want to win and will do all they can.

i was thinking the exact same thing last night, we have some talented players so why can't we play like ManU did last night, well not quite as good but you know what i mean.
    Rooney is an example to all strikers, Ronaldo left so he's stepped up to the plate. he couldn't header before so he spent all summer practising & look what the result is, amazing! his attitude, determination & will to win is a joy to watch.
    What ManU have done though is built their team around their star Rooney & his fellow attackers are there to support him. We have one of the best strikers in the league Stokes, if he's given the right service. At the moment he's just a player who looks like he's been dumped into our team & he isn't important to us. But he should be, evrything should be geared towards servicing him.
    I hope our players watched the game last night & actually learnt a thing or 2 & start to screw the nut!

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
    i was thinking the exact same thing last night, we have some talented players so why can't we play like ManU did last night, well not quite as good but you know what i mean.
    Rooney is an example to all strikers, Ronaldo left so he's stepped up to the plate. he couldn't header before so he spent all summer practising & look what the result is, amazing! his attitude, determination & will to win is a joy to watch.
    What ManU have done though is built their team around their star Rooney & his fellow attackers are there to support him. We have one of the best strikers in the league Stokes, if he's given the right service. At the moment he's just a player who looks like he's been dumped into our team & he isn't important to us. But he should be, evrything should be geared towards servicing him.
    I hope our players watched the game last night & actually learnt a thing or 2 & start to screw the nut!
    dunno...17/18 goals suggests he's pretty important and is getting some kind of service...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Awesome! What a work ethic they have apart from the obvious talent on show.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    dunno...17/18 goals suggests he's pretty important and is getting some kind of service...
    But imagine what he could achieve

Also if he took a gamble and was not always on his heels................

But imagine what he could achieve

Also if he took a gamble and was not always on his heels................
    It's all about anticipating the mistake

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I'm all for improving players but to think that all we need to say to the Hibs players that you need to play like Man U and Stokes you need to up your game and play like Rooney is quite frankly..... mental!

Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    I'm all for improving players but to think that all we need to say to the Hibs players that you need to play like Man U and Stokes you need to up your game and play like Rooney is quite frankly..... mental!
    Er no, just the running aboot bit.

No bad. Distinctly average even...

ABMU

Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    And should these guys not be trying to better themselves and try to attain that level.

The better they get, the more money they earn, the better a career they have ........

Even if they just showed the same type of commitment.......

Mr Ferguson and Mr Rooney, Fletcher & Schooles - Hope you were watching last night!

I hope the guys were watching Hibs at the weekend.

What a lesson in not bursting a gut to get into the right positions to score, and also gambling on the ball running their way.

true masterclass, and made a decent Kilmarnock team look very ordinary.

Also showed what happens when you have 3 or 4 players that dont track back and dont tackle but who can rip a 20 yard plus free kick intae the top corner fi naewhere.

Points make prizes, none of this we'll win more than we lose crap (Tony - you better hope that wee analargy goes yer way the night) ... goals win games.

ENDOF !

And should these guys not be trying to better themselves and try to attain that level.

The better they get, the more money they earn, the better a career they have ........

Even if they just showed the same type of commitment.......
    True. In an ideal world, they'd all be able to, via pure motivation, attain Rooney like goal scoring prowess and Ferguson like master tacticianery skills.

But, positive thinking, emulation and even a lot of ballsy hard work doth not maketh premiership beaters.

I do take yer point though but, it's also fair to say you can only piss in the pot ye have.

Man U are one of the best teams in the world...3 league titles and a champions league in the last 3 years! Also, last night they had Wayne Rooney, the Scotland captain, England captain, South Korea captain all starting. Comparing them to Hibs is a bit rdiculous...we have Colin Nish...

Man U are at the top end of football with players with the hughest fitness, ability and attitude, they are on a completely different planet to Hibs. You will be forever disappointed if you continue Hibs to Man U...

I know Yogi wasn't watching, as he was having dinner with the family in The Persevere last night during the match.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    YOU are a BAD MAN.

First Team Breakthrough

The work rate of top players and top teams is immense. All Hibs players should be following the standard set by Man u. Apart from Deek , allegedly, he doesn't have to work hard as long as he scores a wonder goal now and again.

The harder you work the better results you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    YOU are a BAD MAN.

I've been saying this for years. If the best team in the world can work themselves stupid for 90 mins, why cant Hibs players? Really? Who the hell do they think they are? If they physically cant do it and are blowing out their erse (i.e nish cutting about wi his hand on his hips) then get them subbed. Lessons for everyone at our club were on show last night.

Might not be as talented, but you can at least try to emulate the attitude and workrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    and for 2 or 3k a week, you wouldn't?

I don't believe for one moment the likes of Rooney is motivated by just money anyway.
    They're real determined professionals, who only want to win and will do all they can.
    And that is part of the reason why they can demand £150K per week.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    I've been saying this for years. If the best team in the world can work themselves stupid for 90 mins, why cant Hibs players? Really? Who the hell do they think they are? If they physically cant do it and are blowing out their erse (i.e nish cutting about wi his hand on his hips) then get them subbed. Lessons for everyone at our club were on show last night.

Might not be as talented, but you can at least try to emulate the attitude and workrate.
    The top teams aren't made out of super-humans. There's no reason why Hibs or any other team cannot be at that level of work-rate and commitment.

United aren't using some exclusive equipment that nobody else can get, they don't have special shoes that make their players more able to run faster or for longer. It all comes down to the standards that are set at the club.

To be fair to Yogi, I think his long term aim is to build a culture at Hibs where a work ethic and professionalism on that sort of scale is the norm. I think he realises that it doesn't happen overnight, though, and we probably will have players at the club who don't want to reach that level.

What Yogi has been saying in his interviews is that over time, these players won't be able to stay at the club. We can only hope that he achieves this.

United dished out a football lesson last night (as Arsenal did the night before) - if any manager didn't use these games as an example to their own players then they should be asking serious questions of themselves.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

A few weeks ago I was priviledged to watch a second half comeback from Hibs against Aberdeen which made me proud to be a Hibs supporter. The work ethic during that forty five minutes was a joy to behold but quite clearly it was too much for the majority of the players who have appeared lethargic and un-interested since.

Why?

All Man U's players fight to win the ball and tackle when they are not in possession.

I agree with what you are saying but their players do do these things, it's part of their hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    All Man U's players fight to win the ball and tackle when they are not in possession.

I agree with what you are saying but their players do do these things, it's part of their hunger.
    i think he was referring to the Milan side there.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Well said, i have been banging on about this for months as we seem to think we are to good to track back, apart from the game against Motherwell when we chased them all over the park and even Nish gave them no rest this was a one off.
    How they can do this for one game and then revert back to strolling about must be down to the manager, Hughes talks a good game but when it comes to the crunch the players just do their own thing, it's so simple when a team is in your face and not letting you play the ball out of defence you do the same to them but even more so. Is it to much to ask that the players just run about more ? in the modern game players have to play their part all over the pitch but Mr Hughes seems unable to see this and will pay the price if he cannot or will not change our type of play.
    Spot on. The game against Motherwell at ER showed what can be achieved by a team that really wants to win and to achieve something.
    I have serious doubts about whether enough of our players really want to win or are they just happy making a comfortable living.

Much as I like Yogi, he takes too long to drop players having a bad run. If we have such a good pool of players then we should be seeing the benefits of competition for places. Instead, we get substitutions with 20 minutes to go.

As for Deek, he shouldn't complain about being played out of position. Rooney was played out wide last year to accomodate Ronaldo and it didn't stop him making a fantastic contribution to the team. One brilliant free kick is way below the rate of return we should expect from someone with his ability.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo10 View Post
    It's all about anticipating the mistake
    Always
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn