hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Peter ridsdale

Thumbs Down Peter ridsdale

The opposite of rod petrie. ruined Leeds and now Cardiff have a hell of a lot of problems

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hakim Sar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The opposite of rod petrie. ruined Leeds and now Cardiff have a hell of a lot of problems
    how this guy is allowed near any business is beyond me

Borrow a ton
    Spend the whole lot on a new stadium and players
    Then pray for promotion - boom and bust and built on sand as usual

Eejit

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    TBF he was left with a hell of a mess at Cardiff when Hammam left. He's the one who got Cardiff into the debt to begin with.

@hibs.net private member
    Harry Redknapp's got a cracking record as well...

Bournemouth
    Southampton
    West Ham
    Portsmouth

...he's managed the lot of them and they've all been either in administration or just really really skint after he left.

Spurs next?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Football Authorities.

Are they equipped to ensure that league members are not heading over the cliff like lemmings?

Apparently not.

Sam hammam also ruined Wimbledon I believe

Sam hammam also ruined Wimbledon I believe

Correct.

So if we could persuade Hammam, Ridsdale and Redknapp to take over at our esteemed neighbours.......

Cardiff are paying average players crazy wages, so it's no wonder they are ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    So if we could persuade Hammam, Ridsdale and Redknapp to take over at our esteemed neighbours.......
    Mercer, the Pieman and Vlad are doing a far better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernating View Post
    Cardiff are paying average players crazy wages, so it's no wonder they are ****ed.
    I always remember a story I was told from his Leeds days. Seth Johnson and his agent were due to meet Ridsdale to discuss his impending contract on signing for the club from Derby. Johnson and his agent had agreed prior to the meeting to ask for £20,000 a week but would settle for £15,000. So they went in, and they were offered £25,000. "WHAT?" Seth Johnson replied, obviously shocked at how good the deal on offer was and then Ridsdale replied, "Ok then, £35,000" Thinking Johnson was unhappy at the terms. He went from £7,000 per week at Derby, to £35,000 per week at Leeds.

SCARY!

Quote Originally Posted by SidBurns View Post
    I always remember a story I was told from his Leeds days. Seth Johnson and his agent were due to meet Ridsdale to discuss his impending contract on signing for the club from Derby. Johnson and his agent had agreed prior to the meeting to ask for £20,000 a week but would settle for £15,000. So they went in, and they were offered £25,000. "WHAT?" Seth Johnson replied, obviously shocked at how good the deal on offer was and then Ridsdale replied, "Ok then, £35,000" Thinking Johnson was unhappy at the terms. He went from £7,000 per week at Derby, to £35,000 per week at Leeds.

SCARY!
    Yeah, I heard that same story! Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Yeah, I heard that same story! Incredible!
    Likewise, although I think to be fair that the figures have grown arms and legs over the years a little. I quoted a friend of mine from Leeds who has friends within the club and quoted him the figures I'd heard which were £6k, £30k and £36k and he said the thing happened but that the figures concerned were far lower [can't recall what off-hand]

Regardless, Ridsdale shouldn't be allowed near any football club again - he also didn't do too well at Barnsley after Leeds if you recall. FFS he was spending £500 a month on bloody exotic fish while at Leeds! Don't know how much input O'Leary had with regards player wages etc while there but he may not be entirely blameless on that front...

I have heard a cracker that ridsdale gave the Leeds united players access to private helicopters during his time there and it was a common sight to see ridsdale flying between the training ground offices and the stadium on the chopper - all paid for by the club.

I am perplexed as to why though, if we have agreed hammam got Cardiff in debt, ridsdale would still pursue a new stadium (needed desperately but unaffordable) and still pay over the odds on wages?

Is the stadium funded by the council? Imagine where Cardiff would be without that cup run a couple of years ago!!!!!

I thought the sale of Ninian Park funded the new stadium

I have heard a cracker that ridsdale gave the Leeds united players access to private helicopters during his time there and it was a common sight to see ridsdale flying between the training ground offices and the stadium on the chopper - all paid for by the club.

I am perplexed as to why though, if we have agreed hammam got Cardiff in debt, ridsdale would still pursue a new stadium (needed desperately but unaffordable) and still pay over the odds on wages?

Is the stadium funded by the council? Imagine where Cardiff would be without that cup run a couple of years ago!!!!!
    I think the New Stadium project was in progress when Hammam jumped ship.

Ridsdale is just the front man at Cardiff, as he was at Leeds. The real blame should go to the directors who dreamed up the strategy and signed the cheques rather than the one who was left to explain it to the media.

The whole sorry saga is down to the 'speculate to accumulate' strategy that is driving this sort of approach be it at Portsmouth, Hearts, or Chester City.

Coaching Staff

SCARY!
    Hearts did a very similar thing with Andy Webster. Smaller numbers though but poor negoatiators! I don't think Petrie would ever 'go first'.

SCARY!
    Glad I saw this as I was gonna post the same story...always good to see others know it as well because it is one story you almost think 'nah i must have made that up myself'

I always remember a story I was told about Petrie from his early days. Johnson and his agent were due to meet Rod to discuss his impending contract on signing for the club from Derby. Johnson and his agent had agreed prior to the meeting to ask for £2,000 a week but would settle for £1500. So they went in, and they were offered £500. "WHAT?" Johnson replied, obviously shocked at the offer was and then Rod replied, "Ok then, £300" Thinking Johnson was happy at the terms. He went from £7,000 per week at Derby, to £300 per week at Hibs.

QUALITY!