hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc

East Stand Singing Section - Capital Greens - Ultra's etc...

Afternoon folks,

I'm sure you will all recall the recent attempts to create a "Green Day" at Easter Road. You will also have noticed the many threads regarding atmosphere and "demand" for a return of the Capital Greens or for a "Singing Section" within Easter Road.

Mister P and I have taken this opportunity and are organising a new "Singing Section" / "ultras section".

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE OR LOOK LIKE AN UBER-FAN SECTION MERELY AN HONEST COUPLE OF HIBEES TRYING TO HELP THE ATMOSPHERE AT OUR STADIUM.

If we can reach sufficient numbers to make the effort worth while, we will be proposing to HFC that a "singing section" should be incorporated into the new East Stand at Easter Road.

This section would be recommended for likeminded supporters who appreciate continual singing, chanting and various other vocal methods of supporting their team.

If successful, we will propose to HFC that each applicant on this database are given an individual reference number, and from the databse, HFC can allocate them with a season ticket purchase within the 'supporters' section.

This is obviously in the early stages of development and we need as much support as possible to drive this so if you are interested please fill out the form on the attached link. (you do not need your ST number - but it helps)

www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm

Massive thank you to John for his efforts in putting this together for us!

CAN SOMEONE POST ON HIBEES BOUNCE AND HIBEES MAD PLEASE

Cheers

Paul

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    Hibernian Football Club

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Please ignore the big button that says

"finished? Submit your survey"

click on the continue button at the top and it will take you to the correct area
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacBean; 08-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Hibernian Football Club

just posted a link up on a new thread(didnt see this) from the bounce a few folk are looking at starting to get something going!

http://hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94725

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Signed

Signed it and put it up on the bounce, not got a hibees mad account though, If you need more people to help count me in!

Paul, I've put it on HibsMad for you.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Thomson1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Signed it and put it up on the bounce, not got a hibees mad account though, If you need more people to help count me in!

thanks for that, but you've told them to NOT Click continue, when they do have to click contnue - they just ingore the bit under it which is an ad!
    Hibernian Football Club

Guys, I'm not sure you really need to go petitioning the club at this stage. They know that people are keen on a "singing section" and that'll be one of the many things covered in the fans forums that are to be held shortly.

Give them a chance to get it together and take it from there.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KerPlunk View Post
    Paul, I've put it on HibsMad for you.

thanks mate
    Hibernian Football Club

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Guys, I'm not sure you really need to go petitioning the club at this stage. They know that people are keen on a "singing section" and that'll be one of the many things covered in the fans forums that are to be held shortly.

Mikey,

had taken that on board and this is mainly an attempt at getting names together to see the scale that would be needed.

Its not a "petition" of such its more a campaign to get together and raise awareness, also if we do some of the leg work for hibs then they will know who is interested and can choose where to sit us all next season.
    Hibernian Football Club

Mikey, I've heard Fans Forums mentioned previously on here (maybe from yourself(?)) but never from the club.

Is this really going to happen or is it just a rumour that's grown legs? Where did you hear about this?

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    signed it, fingers crossed itll have an effect

@hibs.net private member
    Signed, saw this on the Bounce. Great effort.

signed, good to see something might actually come of this

Why does it need to be in the East?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    can you imagine the fuss if the club tried to move folk from their old seats to accomodate it? in saying that i've always liked the thought of creating a home end like the kop/stretford/holte and shifting the family section somewhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Mikey, I've heard Fans Forums mentioned previously on here (maybe from yourself(?)) but never from the club.

Is this really going to happen or is it just a rumour that's grown legs? Where did you hear about this?
    Point 17 in the FAQ's...........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fe...973171,00.html

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    It just does.

This, in general, is a good idea. If you want all supporters to back it though, even those who don't want to sit/stand in this area, it might be best not to call it a 'supporters section' (as in the questionnaire form) or it does sound like you're trying to make it an uber-fan section.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    It was also mentioned on the letters that came with the south stand season tickets that the fans forums would be announced in the next few days.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    I've signed and put this on my face book page to raise awareness to any like-minded Hibernian supporters out there. If someone wants I could set up a group to raise awareness to this cause?

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    The atmosphere has been there for ages now so why change it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Signed.

Signed and forwarded to other hibees people!! :notworthy:

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post

If we can reach sufficient numbers to make the effort worth while, we will be proposing to HFC that a "singing section" should be incorporated into the new East Stand at Easter Road.

This section would be recommended for likeminded supporters who appreciate continual singing, chanting and various other vocal methods of supporting their team.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    While many will applaud your efforts and sentiments I can't help thinking that there will be a singing section next season in the east stand. Only I expect the entire stand will be singing, not just a small section of it! I mean no insult to your well intended thoughts on lack of atmosphere.

Having watched Hibs since the seventies I have an opinion on all seated stadiums. Simply the fact that people are more self-conscious seated while standing in a crowd your more anonymous and feel more comfortable roaring your head off! The exception to the rule being larger stadiums like the Old Firms. They are more vociferious granted but we all know how quiet they can be in comparison to when they had tens of thousands standing.

Thats why I believe the design of the East Stand will help improve the atmosphere. It's going to be about 30 rows front to back and likely to be filled most weeks. So a 6400 singing section is on the cards.

You need 2 things to generate atmosphere. An exciting team to watch and fans willing to back them. I believe we will have both when the new stand opens. Next season could be really special.

Gamer IDs

thoughts taken on board lads thanks for your contributions!

we have over 50 folk signed up already and if we keep going we will have a good size!!

can those of you who posted on Bounce/Mad please update the threads to tell them of the number acheived so far!

Cracking first day!

FAO Beefster - it was John who did the website i would have called it "signing section" or something to the like - nothing too cheesy etc...
    Hibernian Football Club

oh aye cheers....gie me the blame eh!

apologies if some of the terminology is inaccurate, it's merely an attempt to gather an accurate idea of how many fans support the idea and believe it's needed, so to speak.

I merely created the form, the rest is over to Paul

personally I think the guys in the east are usually quite vocal, but imho theres not enough of them. theres always posts from people in here saying they sit in the west, ff etc and they'd love to sing all game but don't feel comfortable doing so with all the sweety russtlers etc around them. I suppose this is an outreach to all those guys saying 'well lets all get together in the East then'!

Unfortunately my work commitments mean I work almost every saturday so Im not an attending fan, hence the reason why I can't take an active role with Paul, just think it would be best left to the guys who are there week in week out.

If 500 people support the idea, then surely thats need enough to at least have a go

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    oh aye cheers....gie me the blame eh!

apologies if some of the terminology is inaccurate, it's merely an attempt to gather an accurate idea of how many fans support the idea and believe it's needed, so to speak.

I merely created the form, the rest is over to Paul

personally I think the guys in the east are usually quite vocal, but imho theres not enough of them. theres always posts from people in here saying they sit in the west, ff etc and they'd love to sing all game but don't feel comfortable doing so with all the sweety russtlers etc around them. I suppose this is an outreach to all those guys saying 'well lets all get together in the East then'!

Unfortunately my work commitments mean I work almost every saturday so Im not an attending fan, hence the reason why I can't take an active role with Paul, just think it would be best left to the guys who are there week in week out.

If 500 people support the idea, then surely thats need enough to at least have a go
    get back to cutting hair

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Good idea lads Signed up Keep up the good work

Going quite well at the moment by the looks of it! But one thing we should do is get a few people to get signature details ect of people entering the stand!

I would help out with it and get a couple people more than happy to help!

maybe in a couple/few weeks time? Get some leaflets printed out with details ect on it! would surely get a good response.