hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motm

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar

Motm

MOTM - not Miller for me, I'm afraid, he is off his game at the moment, IMO.
    Would have given it to Hanlon; thought he was excellent from the moment he came on.
    GG
    And well done Riordan. One good shot in the first half, one stunning free-kick in the second.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MOTM - not Miller for me, I'm afraid, he is off his game at the moment, IMO.
    Would have given it to Hanlon; thought he was excellent from the moment he came on.
    GG
    And well done Riordan. One good shot in the first half, one stunning free-kick in the second.
    Hanlon or Riordan for me

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I was surprised Miller got it as well. Thought it would have been Hanlon, McBride or Deeks!

Miller needs to cut out all the fancy flicks and get back to basics!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    I'd give it Riordan if only because out of the 28 players that stepped on that pitch today he was the only one who looked even remotely capable of rising above mediocrity.

You can name everyone in Scotland on one hand who are capable of that. Say what you like about him but he's a class above the rest at times.

This is a wind up, right? - Miller was atrocious today, surely? I would have given it to Riordan, he put in a good shift today - and the goal was sublime.

By default I would give it to Riordan because of his great goal.

The team again was very ordinary, Hanlon I felt hoofed the ball upfront far too often, then again, better away than let Hogg near it.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Paul Hanlon was the stand out player for me. This guy will easily fill the void that Bamba will leave in the summer.

Coaching Staff
    Hanlon was superb when he came on. Never lost a challenge, composed on the ball, and looked solid. MOM for me by a distance. Murray put in a good shift, Miller and McBride need some game time together and they will again flourish. Have to say that for me Hogg was terrible again and in no way a captain for this club. Distribution nonsense at times and had to be helped out by Hanlon and DW second half too many times. Galbraith.......take a wee bow too son for introducing urgency and pace. Brilliant free kick for the winner too. Not the best showing this season but they kept on persisiting with trying to play football and the heads didn't go down.

I thought benji was in with a shout for motm today, all our real attacks went through him and he held up the ball well i thought.

Hanlon had a good game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    This is a wind up, right? - Miller was atrocious today, surely? I would have given it to Riordan, he put in a good shift today - and the goal was sublime.
    Yep - he had an awful game, especially by his standards. I thought Murray had one of his worst games too.

Hogg was great defensively but woeful in distribution - for a change. I think we have to accept that that's why he's playing at this level and get on with it.

Hanlon was similar. Very good defensively, but gave the ball away quite a lot. My MOTM was Riordan, aside from his goal he looked the most creative player on the park. And for Killie Taouil was the most comfortable player on the ball, just got very little support going forward.

Stack in goal for 3 games and 2 goals conceded. Stats are looking up again defensively.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    benji for me.

Hanlon, Deeks and Murray was best for us.

MOTM - Deeks for the match-winner

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Hanlon for me. Thought Benji and Riordan did well, although it was as poor a penalty as I've seen in long time. Hogg's passing was dreadful, much worse than usual, but he was by no means the only one who couldn't find a team-mate

Left by mutual consent!
    Hanlon

For me it was paul hanlon, or the killie sub keeper. Pulled off several cracking saves.

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Hanlon gets my vote,absolutely rock solid when he came on.Looks a completely different player when hes at centre half.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Hanlon had a great game but Deek gets it for me
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I suppose someone has to get it, so it would be Deek, but only for the goal....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Bit strong - he was not at his best, but I would not have rated his performance as atrocious. Our whole midfield is not performing as well as they should be. They are certainly trying hard, but it is not working for them. Perhaps the confidence is suffering at the moment and the pitch does not help.

Hanlon & Riordan were defo MOTM contenders in my opinion

It was not a great team performance, but Rome was not built in a day, so I will take the win and move on from there with, hopefully, confidence restored.

Let's be honest here, Hanlon didn't have a lot to do.

Deeks was MOTM for me, for being the difference between the teams.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post
    For me it was paul hanlon, or the killie sub keeper. Pulled off several cracking saves.
    Best player on the park I thought. Hanlon did well as did Murray. I actually thought Stokes looked like the only goal threat until Deeks hit the trademark free kick. Good result from a poor performance.

I also thought it was good to see that Nish didnae get sent off this week, didnae try to use his ankle to trap the ball or just be Colin Nish

Still say the MOM is only picked becuase the sponsor of the game wants to meet that player. Miller was OK in spurts but bottles it a lot.
    For me MOM had to be Hanlon. He is so cool with the ball and not like Bamba, he DOESN'T dive in with rash challenges.

Hanlon or Deeks about the best for us. Benji was decent too apart from the missed pen.

Thought Galbraith gave us something when he came on and he has to be in Yogi's thoughts for upcoming fixture's. He has genuine pace that can stretch teams, something we have lacked all season.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I would have given it to Hanlon. Whoever chose Miller was watching a different game. Miller and Lewis tied for least effective.

Don't know if the man of the match has to contribute to the actual game, but John Rankin deserves a mention for his half-time antics.

Maybe it was covered in the match thread (just in from the game myself) but he mucked in with the kids' half-time challenge.

Mocked a few slide tackles (before frustration crept in and he went in two-footed, studs up on one!) and it was easily more entertaining than anything that happened in the first half.

Fair play to him for making their day. Hanlon a close second.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I didn't notice who got it at the game but at the time I said I'd give it to Miller or Hanlon.

I thought Miller had a good game. He was never rushed on the ball, he creates space and makes the pass.

Hanlon was brilliant when he came on, I'd say the fact that he didn't play the whole game cost him MOTM.

I also thought McBride had a good game.

Coaching Staff
    Mcbride for me just for the fact that when he plays we generally win. He went off late last week and we lost a goal right away.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    benji for me.
    I would have definately given it to Benji, but for the penalty. Still about the best shout though. The much maligned Hogg was quite solid.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Miller had his worst game yet today, couldn't believe he got MOTM

I would have given it to Murray

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Mcbride for me just for the fact that when he plays we generally win. He went off late last week and we lost a goal right away.
    Me too, never gives the ball away, plays it easy and protected the back 4 superbly. Riordan scored a goal, only he seems capable of scoring, but he contributed nothing much else. It was not great, but we are back winning again.