hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearts Kickback

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar

Hearts Kickback

Why are there so many Hearts fans that seem to hate Hibs fans.On this webiste we have a few Hearts fans who post on our site and we treat them with respect. On HK the majority of Hearts fans take great pleasure in insulting Hibs fans. I find it impossible to understand why these people need to show their utter contempt for Hibs and anything to do with Hibs.
    Could there be a problem with the drinking water in Gorgie and Dalry that makes people hate Hibs
    G

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are there so many Hearts fans that seem to hate Hibs fans.On this webiste we have a few Hearts fans who post on our site and we treat them with respect. On HK the majority of Hearts fans take great pleasure in insulting Hibs fans. I find it impossible to understand why these people need to show their utter contempt for Hibs and anything to do with Hibs.
    Could there be a problem with the drinking water in Gorgie and Dalry that makes people hate Hibs
    G
    You have to view the site in perspective Gerard. There are 400,000 Hearts fans and only a handful spout their hatred on KB
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    You have to view the site in perspective Gerard. There are 400,000 Hearts fans and only a handful spout their hatred on KB
    That explains everything.......so only a few fans get their contempt from drinking contaminated water in Gorgie/Dalry areas
    G

We are better than them in every way possible. They are jealous

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    In my view, it's similar to the situation between Rangers and Celtc, in that a large number of one side feel the need to define themselves by the other. There's a big Rangers fan who is a weel kent face in one of the pubs here (staunchly Rangers-supporting) who is never happy unless Rangers have won and Celtc have lost. It's true to say that we all cheer when results are piped through, and we've won and Hearts have been gubbed, but it never detracts from the elation of a victory.

Anyway, back on track, I think it's a similar situation on .net. If you scan the first page of the messageboard, there are usually a number of (Yam)threads, concerning their finances, Romanov, finances, Nade, finances etc., normally with people taking great amusement in mocking the state of Hearts and how they're run, whilst simultaneously thanking our stars that Petrie is such a shrewd businessman and we've got a manageable debt.

It's perhaps natural that within a rivalry, be it in sports, or politics, or whatever, there is a large amount of definition by the other side e.g. "At least we're not as bad as them." Surely you've seen the insults on this site directed at Hearts fans, some, but not all, in the same vein as what you might find on Kickback?

However, and this isn't intended to be biased, but I have seen considerably more vitriol on Kickback than on .net, and whether that's due to a difference in moderation, or because the general state of Hearts is causing a ripple effect amongst the support and because they're not having the season they want there's a lot more anger and resentment over there I don't know.

In short, it might be something as simple as the fact that so far, Hibs are doing better than Hearts, financially and on the pitch (well...). I'm sure if the situations were reversed, we'd be just as bad as them.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    In my view, it's similar to the situation between Rangers and Celtc, in that a large number of one side feel the need to define themselves by the other. There's a big Rangers fan who is a weel kent face in one of the pubs here (staunchly Rangers-supporting) who is never happy unless Rangers have won and Celtc have lost. It's true to say that we all cheer when results are piped through, and we've won and Hearts have been gubbed, but it never detracts from the elation of a victory.

Anyway, back on track, I think it's a similar situation on .net. If you scan the first page of the messageboard, there are usually a number of (Yam)threads, concerning their finances, Romanov, finances, Nade, finances etc., normally with people taking great amusement in mocking the state of Hearts and how they're run, whilst simultaneously thanking our stars that Petrie is such a shrewd businessman and we've got a manageable debt.

It's perhaps natural that within a rivalry, be it in sports, or politics, or whatever, there is a large amount of definition by the other side e.g. "At least we're not as bad as them." Surely you've seen the insults on this site directed at Hearts fans, some, but not all, in the same vein as what you might find on Kickback?

However, and this isn't intended to be biased, but I have seen considerably more vitriol on Kickback than on .net, and whether that's due to a difference in moderation, or because the general state of Hearts is causing a ripple effect amongst the support and because they're not having the season they want there's a lot more anger and resentment over there I don't know.

In short, it might be something as simple as the fact that so far, Hibs are doing better than Hearts, financially and on the pitch (well...). I'm sure if the situations were reversed, we'd be just as bad as them.
    In a nutshell.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hadn't been over the road for a good while. In all honesty there never seemed to be much difference between the two sites.

Now though, KB seems to be full of monosyallabic responses, and is low on any form of debate at all.

That Open Letter to us was surely as low as they can go. Hurting like hell, but still in total denial.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    G
    We're always mocking those who post on KB. Our form of hate is just a wee bit more 'Hibs Class'.

Jealousy?

They use us as a yardstick of their success whereas to us they are a complete irrelevance?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We make fun of them.

They genuinely wish death on us and our community.

That's the difference.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    When you get "people" like Le Chat wishing for orphanages full of Hobo Children to be burnt down, you know you're not dealing with a normal forum with decent supporters.

There are lots of decent Hearts fans, in fact the majority are, but they're vastly outnumbered when it comes to JKB.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    When you get "people" like Le Chat wishing for orphanages full of Hobo Children to be burnt down, you know you're not dealing with a normal forum with decent supporters.

There are lots of decent Hearts fans, in fact the majority are, but they're vastly outnumbered when it comes to JKB.
    I wonderif the person called "Le Chat" was one of the many pople who were people who were returned into the community from mental hospitals. This was the care in the community programe that has been an obvious failure. We should pity these people as they are mentally ill and need proper treatment.
    G

Blog Entries
    I wonderif the person called "Le Chat" was one of the many pople who were people who were returned into the community from mental hospitals. This was the care in the community programe that has been an obvious failure. We should pity these people as they are mentally ill and need proper treatment.
    G

I'm doing well!

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Jambos Kickback is pretty terrible these days, no-one can voice there views without being a 'hobo' or 'vermin'. Yes i'm a self confessed Hearts' fan but i'm not around to cause any trouble.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seep View Post
    Jambos Kickback is pretty terrible these days, no-one can voice there views without being a 'hobo' or 'vermin'. Yes i'm a self confessed Hearts' fan but i'm not around to cause any trouble.
    Welcome mate, and good luck!

Would you say KB has got worse? There seem to be less people standing up to the crazies.

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    I would infact, ever since the move to the new style forum i've not enjoyed looking at it. There's more talk about HIBS than there is about Hearts' and that's the thing that really bugs me. Kickback is getting worse by the day, we're starting to get a wee team mentality - which is never a good thing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Welcome to the board.

Now, admins... Yammify him!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    LTYF!!!

only joking Seep, welcome to the board. I've always liked sensible and intelligent input from other fans on this forum

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Cheers !

Welcome Seep. I occasionally take a peek over on JKB, but the vile towards and hatred of anything Hibs is staggering. The few decent kickbackers appear to be in the minority and are soon hounded by people like Le Chat (ex The Cat) Victor Meldrew and Boabster, 3 head cases who I sincerely believe to have psychological/mental problems.

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Ahh JKB isn't the place it used to be, maybe because the team aren't successful this year. Or it could be the fact that there has been a huge increase on 'prawn sannie brigade on the site'. If your a new member they don't give you a chance.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    G
    there is definitely something different down Gorgie way that makes them look, act, behave and believe differently to the rest of the world, as the 2 yams below will testify, they are not twins, nor are they officially related in any other way - there are 400,000 just like them. You may have seen some painted onto the side of their stands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    We make fun of them.

They genuinely wish death on us and our community.

That's the difference.
    I agree, there's such a noticeable difference between the attitudes on both boards towards each other's fans. There is real vitriol on kickback towards Hibs. I've always had a log in over there to keep an eye on the goings on and there's always been some real nasty stuff.

The Hearts fans I work beside are, in general, an OK bunch, completely delusional about there place in the football world of course, but not the sort that vent their hate on kickback.

Strange for fans of supposedly such a big club to behave with such little class.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Welcome to the board.

Now, admins... Yammify him!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    I agree, there's such a noticeable difference between the attitudes on both boards towards each other's fans. There is real vitriol on kickback towards Hibs. I've always had a log in over there to keep an eye on the goings on and there's always been some real nasty stuff.

The Hearts fans I work beside are, in general, an OK bunch, completely delusional about there place in the football world of course, but not the sort that vent their hate on kickback.

Strange for fans of supposedly such a big club to behave with such little class.

Most of them act like bairns. FACT. It does my box in how arrogant some of them are. I'm not a member of JKB and never will be, I just use my dads account to view.
    Last edited by Seep; 03-03-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Expanding on post

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    brilliant, after much bluster over on thirdreichback.co.uk it transpires that their claim of the edinburgh derby being the most one sided in the world is a load of *****e. it's not even the most one sided derby in scotland it would appear

isn't it just fantastic when they get found out for the blowhards they are, much like sergey pointing out the other day that if any one clubs support has form for pilfering charity money it's them

nae wonder they're bitter

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    brilliant, after much bluster over on thirdreichback.co.uk it transpires that their claim of the edinburgh derby being the most one sided in the world is a load of *****e. it's not even the most one sided derby in scotland it would appear

isn't it just fantastic when they get found out for the blowhards they are, much like sergey pointing out the other day that if any one clubs support has form for pilfering charity money it's them

nae wonder they're bitter
    More please - your post seems a bit random in this thread, what did I miss?

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    More please - your post seems a bit random in this thread, what did I miss?
    it didn't really merit the creation of yet another hearts thread, and also probably adds to why the bitterness towards us is so tangible. they get made to look like the t!ts they are time after time and i suppose it's got to hurt

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....e/page__st__40

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noseyhibby View Post
    Welcome Seep. I occasionally take a peek over on JKB, but the vile towards and hatred of anything Hibs is staggering. The few decent kickbackers appear to be in the minority and are soon hounded by people like Le Chat (ex The Cat) Victor Meldrew and Boabster, 3 head cases who I sincerely believe to have psychological/mental problems.
    I wondered why I identified with them. They are great at ripping us, which I don't particularly mind. It's the number of nerds who can only bleat agreement with whoever posts - but don't contribute anything that I find to be the main difference from a few years back.

It's pretty worrying when pure nastiness replaces wit and logic. Some of the stuff is just beyond the pail, and says more about the author than it does about Hibs or Hearts.

I reckon there has to be a similarity between Hitler's bunker in the last days of the war.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I would infact, ever since the move to the new style forum i've not enjoyed looking at it. There's more talk about HIBS than there is about Hearts' and that's the thing that really bugs me. Kickback is getting worse by the day, we're starting to get a wee team mentality - which is never a good thing.
    Welcome aboard... sorry if this thread makes out you're not welcome (because you are!), Hearts fans are very much welcome here but we really can't stand some of JKB's most "prolific" members. You may have guessed this